lawnspic

Is this the Sigma Raijin

Post by lawnspic »

http://cgi.ebay.com/Arcade-jamma-TWIN-S ... dZViewItem

Is this a good deal?, and what other superguns are good
parodius

Post by parodius »

Yes it's a Raijin.
My sales thread : 2020/07/20..MASTER.VER.
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

There's that mysterious RGB port again...is that to control an RGB monitor? There's one like that on the back of my MSX2+ but I was told that it's probably for synchronization...
parodius

Post by parodius »

RGB ports on japanese often look the same, but have a different pinout. So this one's probably not the same as your MSX2+.
My sales thread : 2020/07/20..MASTER.VER.
lawnspic

Post by lawnspic »

what are other good super guns, i know this is the best from what i heard. Is it to much? can you use component or Svideo?

I have been thinking crazy again, sell all my stuff get a cab or supergun, then hunt down Ketsui, EspgaludaII, Radiant silvergun, Souyugurentai, and some metal slug games. i have been putting this off for a while. one other thing i was on Plasma Blossom and saw those two nice cabs what is a good choice and due the cabs come with a monitor included?
Ganelon

Post by Ganelon »

It is a bit much, since the Raijin only goes for ~30k yen in Japan.
MagicKnight

Post by MagicKnight »

I have one of these:

which has similar RGB and S-Video outputs. I connect an S-Video cable to the S-Video output (marked as "Video VHF S")and then connect a composite video cable to the RGB output but obviously only connect the audio. I can also connect the composite cable to the S-Video out and then use that for everything. These cost 27,300 yen with tax, the controllers are another 15,750 each. Not exactly cheap! Plus you need to get the right video cables too. I got mine from MAK Japan:
http://www.mak-jp.com/ctrbox.html
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

lawnspic wrote:what are other good super guns, i know this is the best from what i heard. Is it to much? can you use component or Svideo?
I have an excellent component video supergun for sale for much less ($260 shipped), if you're interested:

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?t=11660

It will give a better picture than the Sigma Raijin on a component-video capable TV.
lawnspic

Post by lawnspic »

how much is 30k in US dollars, and twe what controllers do you use and how

also is the Raijin an all in one unit?
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

lawnspic wrote:twe what controllers do you use and how
Like all superguns except certain Sigma models (which use their own D13 connector), the supergun I have for sale has D15 connectors, which are the same as a NeoGeo system. So you can use any NeoGeo controller.

I have a converter that allows you to use any PS1 or PS2 controller (really great with a Hori RAP for example) on this supergun. I can add that in for $15. If you have a PS1/PS2 controller already, then you're good to go.
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

lawnspic wrote:how much is 30k in US dollars, and twe what controllers do you use and how

also is the Raijin an all in one unit?
If you're talkin about 30,000 Yen, that's around $300.
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
lawnspic

Post by lawnspic »

I assume the PCB's go inside that small VHS sized box twen

Your saying i can take a Neo Geo controller from an AES(Home) system and play

There is no choice for yoko or tate is there, i thinks its game dependent right? I have a Sony 36" 4:3 HDTV with component and DVI

Will this accept NAOMI ans ST-V and MVS carts
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

lawnspic wrote:I assume the PCB's go inside that small VHS sized box twen

Your saying i can take a Neo Geo controller from an AES(Home) system and play

There is no choice for yoko or tate is there, i thinks its game dependent right? I have a Sony 36" 4:3 HDTV with component and DVI

Will this accept NAOMI ans ST-V and MVS carts
No, the small VHS box is the actual supergun (includes the RGB>component video converter and all the wires, switches, connectors, and stuff). You hook the PCBs up to the JAMMA harness, which is the thing in the pic that comes out of the box and is a bunch of wires wrapped in a coil with a connector on the end. The power supply is not pictured there, but you just plug it in the back and plug it into a socket.

Right, you can take any Neo-geo controller and plug it in and that's it. You're ready to play.

No PCB lets you choose YOKO or TATE. Yoko games are only horizontal, and Tate games are only vertical. No supergun offers a rotation option either.

As for you final question, this gun has the JROK encoder, which is the most versatile component video encoder. You can play Naomi, STV, Atomiswave, MVS, regular PCBs, just about anything.
lawnspic

Post by lawnspic »

where do you keep your PCB to be safe if its outside the box
Last edited by lawnspic on Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

lawnspic wrote:where do you keep your PCB to be safe
You mean when it's attached to the Harness? It's the same with any supergun (they all have JAMMA harnesses). I just keep it in the PCB's bubble wrap. You can also put on the PCB feet and attach the PCB to a surface if you like. Keep it in some static-free bubblewrap and that's fine IMO.

Also, as a qualification to my previous post, do note that of course you will need the appropriate hardware board to play the formats I mentioned. For example, to play MVS stuff you need an MVS board, you can't just plug the MVS cart in the JAMMA harness, etc. This is true for any cab or supergun, of course.
Last edited by EOJ on Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
lawnspic

Post by lawnspic »

does the Sigma AV7000 let you put the PCB in the large box, i see that its two pieces

twen i dont thing i can have exposed boards, i have two crazy kids one's a 2 year old
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

No supergun comes with a large box to put the PCB in while you play. I have an AV7000 as well by the way.

If you need to put the PCBs in a large box, you'll have to get a large box yourself and put them in there. That's the only solution.
lawnspic

Post by lawnspic »

I thought you can swap boards in and out like a video card in a pc, looks like a mess of wires unless i build a box. What is that enclosure in the auction for the sigma that's hooked up to the Jamma harness

Ok i thought about this some more . twen you system seems to be the easiest if i want to build an enclosure, i kinda looking for something all in one to put in my cabinet like a console, and yours accepts wired controllers where the others dont(i think). why did you go for the Sigma yourself, i quess im asking why are you selling this
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

I went with the Sigma because I recently bought a 25" RGB monitor off of a friend, and the Sigma has direct RGB output. That's the only reason I'm selling the component-video gun. The component video output is the closest you can get to RGB on a TV though. In other words, if you don't have an RGB monitor, the supergun I have for sale is the best supergun you can get (as long as you have component video inputs on your TV).
Last edited by EOJ on Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

lawnspic wrote:I thought you can swap boards in and out like a video card in a pc, looks like a mess of wires unless i build a box. What is that enclosure in the auction for the sigma that's hooked up to the Jamma harness
Are you referring to the Street Fighter 2 PCB in the auction pic? Some PCBs (like that one) come in their own case. Most do not. Progear and DDPDOJ are two Cave PCBs that come in similar protective cases (the rest of the Cave PCBs come bare). Again, all superguns are the same in this respect: you have a JAMMA harness and then you hook up the PCB to the Harness's connector. No PCB enclosure is included with a supergun.
Last edited by EOJ on Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
lawnspic

Post by lawnspic »

the only thing now that will steer me to a super gun is knowing which of my favorite games are yoko and tate. Is there a list here or do you know off hand what the format is for the games i mentioned above. its hard to turn a 250 pound tv on its side. also i think there is an adapter for RGB to DVI
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

From your original list:

These are TATE: Ketsui, EspgaludaII,

These are YOKO: Radiant silvergun, Souyugurentai, and some metal slug games

Hope that helps.

And yes, there are RGB to DVI converters, but they are ridiculously expensive, for example:

http://sewelldirect.com/SmartAVI-RGB-to ... verter.asp

:shock:
lawnspic

Post by lawnspic »

holy sh t, i thought i saw a cheap converter at radio shack
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

I'd look again. You're most likely mistaken.