Space Invaders and Galaxian on the Famicom!...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
dave4shmups

Space Invaders and Galaxian on the Famicom!...

Post by dave4shmups »

Just played these two tonight on an emulator; excellent conversions. Space invaders looks better then either the arcade or 2600 version, and the ship in Galaxian moves faster then the sloooow ship in the arcade version. Very nicely done ports, IMO, of two shmup classics!

OT, wouldn't it be GREAT to see a Space Invaders SuperPlay! Now that would be impressive!!
"Farewell to false pretension
Farewell to hollow words
Farewell to fake affection
Farewell, tomorrow burns"
TWITCHDOCTOR

Post by TWITCHDOCTOR »

Man, make up your mind already will ya!?
Is it Dave "4", or Dave "H"?
Or could it be one of the many million Daves already here?
crithit5000

Post by crithit5000 »

OT, wouldn't it be GREAT to see a Space Invaders SuperPlay! Now that would be impressive!!
You're kidding...right?
now tighter than your sister
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

I changed it to DaveH...WTF???

And no, I'm not kidding about the Space Invaders superplay thing!
Farewell to hollow words
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

I see what happened, when I added a signature, it changed it back to dave4shmups. Whatever, problem solved!
Farewell to hollow words
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Space Invaders NES is in that bootleg controller I have. It was listed as Space ET. I love that version, though I prefer the SNES version that comes with the Super GB one. Actually, the GB one is similar to the NES version. The Space Invaders stick version is also similar, but it doesn't look as good as the NES version.

The SNES Space Invaders is extremely close to the arcade and even has simulations of different arcade cabinets. IMO, some of those versions are just as colorful as the NES one. I tried Super Space Invaders GG, the TG-16 Space Invaders, Return of the Invaders (arcade), and Space Invaders '91 out on roms and, IMO, they are all very good updates of the original. I want to get a PSP just for that Space Invaders collection that will have the original, Space Invaders Part 2, Return of the Invaders, Space Invaders '91, and Space Invaders '95 in it. I'm disappointed that the only Space Invaders games in the PS2 collection are Space Invaders DX, different versions of the original, some two player modes, and Space Invaders Part 2.
gameoverDude

Re: Space Invaders and Galaxian on the Famicom!...

Post by gameoverDude »

DaveH wrote: OT, wouldn't it be GREAT to see a Space Invaders SuperPlay! Now that would be impressive!!
An Akkanvader or a Majestic 12 Super Play would be better since these two SI games have an actual end.
Kinect? KIN NOT.
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

True, but it would just be fun, IMO, to see how high of a score someone could rack up on SI.
Farewell to hollow words
TVG

Post by TVG »

just download some inp off marp...
SAM

Post by SAM »

BrianC wrote:I'm disappointed that the only Space Invaders games in the PS2 collection are Space Invaders DX, different versions of the original, some two player modes, and Space Invaders Part 2.
Well, there is more Space Invaders in Part 2 of the collection. But I think they are putting in too much Space Invaders every time. Just like the Pac-man in the Namco collection, it has overstayed its welcome.
*Meow* I am as serious as a cat could possible be. *Meow*