Revenge of the Veggie 2 (Completed game)

A place for people with an interest in developing new shmups.
simjo

Revenge of the Veggie 2 (Completed game)

Post by simjo »

Here's my shmups for you to enjoy (hopefully). It's called "Revenge of the Veggie 2". You can download it from below.

Download Link

And here are a couple screenshots.

Controls:

arrow keys to move
X = fire
Z = bomb
C = sword
Pause = pause
Esc = go back to main menu, and quit when you are in main menu

You can choose between two "ships". The red one has concentrated fire and faster. The purple one has wide shots but slower. Pick up medals consecutively for more points (chain). You get one additional bomb for each 50 chains you make.

You'll get more lives to play with the longer you play. You can choose to start from any stages that you have reached before (your progress is saved between sessions), but you only have 2/3 of your total lives to play unless you start from beginning.

The game runs in windowed mode, 480x640 window. So you'll need to set your screen resolution to higher than 800x600 one.

Any comment is appreciated!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the game requires DirectX 9.0c (April 06) and Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0. I'm not sure if it runs on earlier version of DirectX. You can download both DirectX and .Net Framework from Microsoft website.
the2bears

Re: Revenge of the Veggie 2 (Completed game)

Post by the2bears »

simjo wrote:EDIT: Forgot to mention that the game requires DirectX 9.0c (April 06) and Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0. I'm not sure if it runs on earlier version of DirectX. You can download both DirectX and .Net Framework from Microsoft website.
Links to the .net framework? I imagine that requirement will keep quite a few from trying this... sounds good though.

Bill
Last edited by the2bears on Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simjo

Post by simjo »

the2bears

Post by the2bears »

Thanks for the link, gonna give this a try.

edit: .net asks to repair the existing install, I'm not about to fool around with this... it must already be installed, yet your program doesn't do anything when I run it. Any special instructions to running/executing it?

Bill
simjo

Post by simjo »

That may be because your .net framework is corrupt. Perhaps you upgrade your OS after you installed .net framework? That's one possibility. In any case, there shouldn't be any harm in repairing the framework though...
battlegorge

Post by battlegorge »

I have directx and the net framework installed but your game does not start.
Do i need to download any service packs?
simjo

Post by simjo »

Does the game give out any error or it just doesn't start? Is the .Net framework on your computer 2.0 and not 1.1? Also, you need to have WinXP Service Pack 2 or Win2000 Service Pack 3 for .net 2.0 to work correctly.

Sorry about all these downloads. I should have thought of this issue before doing the game in C#. :(