Caladrius Blaze PS4 Gets Physical English Release in Asia

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
BulletMagnet

Re: Caladrius Blaze PS4 Gets Physical English Release in Asi

Post by BulletMagnet »

My copy from P-A just arrived, and I can confirm that not only is there indeed a physical disc inside, but a full-color English instruction manual and a small bonus book with character profiles and such, also in color and in English. Haven't actually popped the thing in yet, but I'll post again if anything notable sticks out once I do.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

ookitarepanda wrote:The extra stage in Evolution only has 8 bits. It's the same as the PS3 as far as I remember. You don't actually get more 1ups on Evolution than on Arcade. What bugs me is that picking up a 1up when you're full only gives you 50k points. Picking up an element crystal when you just exposed it is worth 400k.
So its the same as PS3 version, I see, I needed clarification, guess I goofed. >.> (Though still, they gotta fix those grammar errors.)
ACSeraph wrote:^Didn't know that either. You are just full of interesting information. I'm curious what your scores are, mind sharing?

Also you can get more 1 ups on Evo from 100% clearing the two bonus stages.

(Feeling the Caladrius itch...)
I can share them if you wish, I'll PM them over later. Also, you still get the lives cap in Evo anyways, lol.

You'll be surprised though, lol.
BulletMagnet wrote:My copy from P-A just arrived, and I can confirm that not only is there indeed a physical disc inside, but a full-color English instruction manual and a small bonus book with character profiles and such, also in color and in English. Haven't actually popped the thing in yet, but I'll post again if anything notable sticks out once I do.
If its not too much of a problem, do you mind having scans of the manual and bonus book? @_@

Besides, the game should play similarly to the PS3 version. Besides the unlocks and all other things.
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

My scanner's not that great, so if you're willing I'll leave it to you. :)
ookitarepanda

Post by ookitarepanda »

ACSeraph wrote:^Didn't know that either. You are just full of interesting information. I'm curious what your scores are, mind sharing?

I don't remember my scores from the PS3 Blaze, but my Normal mode scores on the PS4 version are about
48m for Original
118m for Evolution
82m for Arcade

I can put up pictures sometime soon. Just been lazy.
ookitarepanda

Post by ookitarepanda »

NeoStrayCat wrote:(Though still, they gotta fix those grammar errors.)
I think it's hysterical that on the tutorial screen for each character, they spell the NAME OF THE GAME "Calardrius."

Korean translation of a Japanese game into English? Makes sense.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

ookitarepanda wrote:I think it's hysterical that on the tutorial screen for each character, they spell the NAME OF THE GAME "Calardrius."
Imagining the narrator as slightly inebriated makes it even more amusing.
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

ookitarepanda wrote:

I don't remember my scores from the PS3 Blaze, but my Normal mode scores on the PS4 version are about
48m for Original
118m for Evolution
82m for Arcade

I can put up pictures sometime soon. Just been lazy.
Those scores are quite nice. Hope you will add those to the high score thread. I can't compete via ps4 at the moment but I'd be happy the jump back into the fray on the PS3 game and shmups forum score board.

@NeoStrayCat

I think I'm living proof that you can score well with default, though the ceiling is definitely higher for custom. The fact that only ten people ever managed to top my Evo Lilith default score and all of them were custom players with K3 is proof of that. Learning to work around the limitations of your weapon set is one of the things that makes the game strategic and interesting. Trust me when I say that Shot types that fire the main weapon definitely can and should be use for scoring.
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

I see your point ACS, but to me, it just doesn't feel any better to me playing default, besides score limitations and all, I wouldn't feel satisfied if I even tried to 100% each stage and hope to damn that I don't miss a single popcorn enemy that usually floats away fast, and requires precise use of weaponry for it. I mean, that's all on you if you want to be legit, but some people like to go beyond the limits for the games scoring, like this example here, lol.

(Note: I've already made some progress updating my runs, so that one is just a previous one though.)

Oh, and Serraxor, yes, it would be nice if your copy comes in and see what the manual and bonus book would look like, lol. \^^/
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

Beautiful score! That's getting close to the custom WR!
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
Shadolf

Post by Shadolf »

WARNING about additional costs when ordering at Play-Asia or any other location outside EU from within EU!

Just that everyone knows the real costs that have to be payed:

I ordered Caladrius Blaze and Alienation + some cables at Play-Asia and got the ordered stuff and everything was nice exept the 20€ for shipping, but ok.
And now i just got an invoice from customs for the order with another 40€ for me to pay!! That makes about 60€ extra to my ordered games.
60€ is more than the cost of the games itself. It´s 32% of the ordered value overall.

EDIT: To make it clear, I wasn´t aware that fees are that hight. Just want to tell that others get aware of it before they buy, so that they can include taht into ther buying choice.
Last edited by Shadolf on Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

Shadolf wrote:WARNING about additional costs when ordering at Play-Asia from EU!
You will encounter this issue with any vendor based outside of the EU with this type of merchandise - this is not an issue that is (in this case) particular to Play-Asia. The root of this problem is at the destination, not the origin of the transaction. Importing goods over economic boundaries can become costly and in this case is a choice of the buyer. Any business doing the importing would have to deal with the same issues (saving possibly on bulk brokerage fees) and pass the cost on to you. Not even counting brokerage fee, customs and excise duties in Germany you're starting with the 19% Mehrwertsteuer.
ookitarepanda

Post by ookitarepanda »

Posted my scores for you bros!

I went on my PS3 to see if my PS3 Caladrius scores were better and they definitely were not. Maybe I've gotten better in the last year?
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Does anyone have the voice actors for the game? I'm too lazy to play the game and see the credits.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

You can access the credits from the main menu, under options. If you can't be bothered to even launch the game, they're also in this video.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
scrilla4rella

Post by scrilla4rella »

iconoclast wrote:Does the PS4 version support PS3 arcade sticks? I'm guessing no but just thought I'd check.
your guess is correct. No support for my Hori real arcade pro PS3 stick. I have the NA digital copy of the game. Hopefully they patch this up. I refuse to buy another arcade stick. I already have 8 ffs!
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

scrilla4rella wrote:
iconoclast wrote:Does the PS4 version support PS3 arcade sticks? I'm guessing no but just thought I'd check.
your guess is correct. No support for my Hori real arcade pro PS3 stick. I have the NA digital copy of the game. Hopefully they patch this up. I refuse to buy another arcade stick. I already have 8 ffs!
I hear you man... this Generation I refuse to buy another Arcade stick. I'm one shy away from eight :p

There are converters out there probably but those can be rendered useless via firmware updates.

But from now on I'm only supporting games like fighters with legacy support.
scrilla4rella

Post by scrilla4rella »

I've messaged the publisher, H2Interactive, through their website asking them to support ps3 sticks, not sure if it'll help but maybe some other folks could do the same, for great justice.

http://h2games.co.kr/eng/customer/customer01.php

Unfortunately it doesn't seem like they have a twitter account where we could publicly ask for support.
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

Doesn't hurt to try... you never know
Jelloman581

Post by Jelloman581 »

Invest in a Brook PS3->PS4 adapter. They also make one for X360-> PS4. There's a link for it earlier in the thread from me. I just got my physical copy so I'll test it in a variety on configs (I have about 15 sticks lolol) and report back.

I plan to put their Universal PCB in my Kraylix to replace the PS360+ boards I have in there. Don't need the older than last-gen support for it. That way I can play all the modern goodies on it.
scrilla4rella

Post by scrilla4rella »

Jelloman581 wrote:Invest in a Brook PS3->PS4 adapter. They also make one for X360-> PS4. There's a link for it earlier in the thread from me. I just got my physical copy so I'll test it in a variety on configs (I have about 15 sticks lolol) and report back.

I plan to put their Universal PCB in my Kraylix to replace the PS360+ boards I have in there. Don't need the older than last-gen support for it. That way I can play all the modern goodies on it.
I'd appreciate that. Good to know about these. I checked out the site and these converters def look relevant to my interests. Seeing as they're marketed towards the fighting game community I imagine they must work lag-free.
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

scrilla4rella wrote:
Jelloman581 wrote:Invest in a Brook PS3->PS4 adapter. They also make one for X360-> PS4. There's a link for it earlier in the thread from me. I just got my physical copy so I'll test it in a variety on configs (I have about 15 sticks lolol) and report back.

I'd appreciate that. Good to know about these. I checked out the site and these converters def look relevant to my interests. Seeing as they're marketed towards the fighting game community I imagine they must work lag-free.
An alternative converter is the CronoMax Plus they are about the same price but the CronoMax Plus is more versatile and you can use it on multiple different consoles converting different controllers for each.

Something to consider :)
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Actually, avoid these adapters unless you're okay with introducing additional lag on top of whatever your device already has

CronusMax Plus: X360 to PS4 w/+0 ms HRAP VX-SA (+6.32 ms)
Cronus Max Plus: PS3 to PS4 w/+0.25 ms Q4RAF Black (+6.58 ms)
CronusMax Plus: PS3 to PS4 w/+10.98 ms HRAP N3-SA (+19.68 ms)
CronusMax Plus: 360 to PS3 w/+0 ms HRAP VX-SA (+5.62 ms)
Cronus adapter (+13.68 ms w/ +0 ms Hori HRAP VX-SA, high variance)
CronusMax Plus: PS3 to 360 w/+0.25 Q4RAF Black (+7.30 ms)
Cronus adapter PS3 -> 360 (+18.77 ms with custom PCBs to +42.60 ms with Mad Catz PCBs

Brook Fighting Board PCB (+4.30 ms)
Brook Super Converter w/+0.25 ms Q4RAF Black (+14.83 ms)
Brook Super Converter: PS3 to PS4 w/+10.98 ms HRAP N3-SA (+28.00 ms)
Brook Fighting Board PCB (+4.30 ms)
Brook Super Converter w/+0.25 ms Q4RAF Black (+14.83 ms)
Brook Super Converter: PS3 to PS4 w/+10.98 ms HRAP N3-SA (+28.00 ms)

http://www.teyah.net/sticklag/results.html

Just at a glance. I might have missed some.

The only solution right now is to buy a stick specifically designed for the PS4, but those remain largely untested.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

Actually some of those results don't look to bad... at least for me.

Some of them total to less than a frame of input lag

I'm not hardcore so I really am not too picky with the delay
scrilla4rella

Post by scrilla4rella »

good to know, thanks Elixir!
Jelloman581

Post by Jelloman581 »

Yeah, any adapter like those will introduce lag, for those that don't want to buy a new PS4 stick, just presenting it as an alternative. I use it for my custom Project Diva stick for PD:Future Tone on PS4. I can feel the effects of the lag there, and I can't seem to get the calibration within the game dialed down. In the PS3 versions, I have no problems, as the controller is a Dual SHock 3 PCB.

Of course the best route is to go native PS4. I'm good on that route and put my latest Hori VLX stick to work last night! Still sucked though...haha :mrgreen:
Jelloman581

Post by Jelloman581 »

Shelcoof wrote: An alternative converter is the CronoMax Plus they are about the same price but the CronoMax Plus is more versatile and you can use it on multiple different consoles converting different controllers for each.

I have a ChronoMax, not Plus, and it has that 8min timeout on PS4, so I don't use it for that. I have used it on the PSTV to play Darius Burst with a PS3 joystick. That worked fine, though I play DB more on PC of course.
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

Jelloman581 wrote:
Shelcoof wrote: An alternative converter is the CronoMax Plus they are about the same price but the CronoMax Plus is more versatile and you can use it on multiple different consoles converting different controllers for each.

I have a ChronoMax, not Plus, and it has that 8min timeout on PS4, so I don't use it for that. I have used it on the PSTV to play Darius Burst with a PS3 joystick. That worked fine, though I play DB more on PC of course.
I thought the CronoMax guys addressed that issue by connecting the PS4 Dual Shock to via a USB hug to the adapter.
Brooks adapter uses hacked security codes from the PS4 Dual Shock. The CronoMax uses the actual PS4 Dual Shock controller for authentication.

With every firmware update Sony blocks the Brooks Adapter and the development team needs to update the Brooks Firmware.
CronoMax Plus at least hasn't required a patch yet due to PS4 firmware update.

When I was doing my research on the CronoMax I know there were a lot of clones of the device. I believe you can update the firmware that supports this feature as long as you have a genuine CronoMax. If not you may have to pay for it.
Jelloman581

Post by Jelloman581 »

I think the CM+ does what you said. Honestly I haven't looked into it since I have native PS4 sticks for fighters and shmups. I just use the Brook for my Project Diva controller. I do recall having to use a PS4 controller when I first tested it out a couple of years ago.

As for the updates, yeah I've been concerned about Brook keeping up with the firmware updates. I have a friend who runs a garage arcade, and he set up two cabs with it to play SFV on. I told him there' no guarantee that Brook can keep up or if they can stay in business long enough to keep going. I know I said I've been thinking about putting the Brooks in my Kraylix also, but I prob won't do it and save myself $180 (and use it on other games instead!).

Another thing to keep in mind is that most FGC tourneys allow the Brook but ban the CronusMax due to the ability to reprogram controllers with macros. Not that may matter to most people, but another factor anyways.

It's good there are these cheaper alternatives for those who don't want to invest in a new stick. I have about 20 arcade sticks, and it annoys me that most of those cannot be played on a PS4. It's USB, but they really shafted us. If more games use the PS4 Skullgirls/Zero Labs drivers, it would be nice, but I'm sure Sony has their reasons besides $$$$ (maybe?). Maybe as more shmups come to PS4, someone may be more willing to invest in a native PS4 arcade stick.
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

FYI: The days of US$29.99 for the physical copy are over - it has crept up to US$33.99.
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

HydrogLox wrote:FYI: The days of US$29.99 for the physical copy are over - it has crept up to US$33.99.
Wonder why the price increase