Another day, another shooting in the US

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Skykid

Re: Another day, another shooting in the US

Post by Skykid »

Lord Satori wrote:"White rights"? How do you have a civil rights group for the dominant ethnic group in a country?
Satire doesn't compute with you eh?
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

BryanM wrote:instead we think of a simple economic system of paying your employees $0 an hour that happened in the distant past, instead.
Small wonder, because we're doing our damndest to reinstitute it, as is inevitable in any society defined by such unquestioning devotion to the whims of "the market".
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

"White rights"? How do you have a civil rights group for the dominant ethnic group in a country?
By making ninjas wear white instead of black costumes...

Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

https://youtu.be/eqxaP4t9gEc

Or by "back[ing] it up"
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
Satan
Banned User

Post by Satan »

What would it take for these Militias to start shooting?
"A bleeding heart welcomes the sharks."
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Saying "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas".
Satan
Banned User

Post by Satan »

I wish they'd get on with it. I think Hillary Clinton will be the president to jump the shark and get things started.
Last edited by Satan on Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

Skykid wrote:
Lord Satori wrote:"White rights"? How do you have a civil rights group for the dominant ethnic group in a country?
For one who accuses others of not understanding satire, you seem to take everything I say at face value an awful lot.
BryanM wrote:You're trapped in a haunted house. There's a ghost. It wants to eat your friends and have sex with your cat. When forced to decide between the lives of your friends and the chastity of your kitty, you choose the cat.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Lord Satori wrote:
Skykid wrote:
For one who accuses others of not understanding satire, you seem to take everything I say at face value an awful lot.
Sorry Satori, I have absolutely no recollection of you ever attempting to make a satirical post, so you'll have to forgive me (the above example of course doesn't qualify - it's a statement and a question).

DEL

Post by DEL »

natas wrote:
I wish they'd get on with it. I think Hillary Clinton will be the president to jump the shark and get things started.
Yeah she'll get it rolling for sure. :lol:
I wish they'd get on with it
Have to agree. All these dozens and dozens of CIA Mossad Hegelain operations are getting boring.
Satan
Banned User

Post by Satan »

That woman is a fucking mental cunt. She'll want to prove she's got bigger bawls than any of them, she could be the next Hitler and of course if you're critical of her; you'll be labelled a misogynist and stupid, brainwashed modern Liberals will probably berate you for it while they're being starved to death by her policies.
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

"Hail Satan!!"
Satan
Banned User

Post by Satan »

\m/
MintyTheCat

Post by MintyTheCat »

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34062118

The right to bear arms once again...
More Bromances = safer people
Satan
Banned User

Post by Satan »

Maybe the blame will be pinned on Noam Chomsky and Edward Herman.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

The video footage is horrible. You can see her taking the first bullet in what appears to be her arm.

Interesting how mental health candidates can just stroll up to people and open fire like this, emptying their clip at whatever random targets are around. Land of the free I suppose.

neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Guns begat guns begat guns.. Until there was nobody left to shoot them.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
Satan
Banned User

Post by Satan »

Apparently the shooter is also a reporter who's supposed to have shot two other reporters, previously.
Personally I'd love a gun, maybe even a few grenade launchers too.
Noid

Post by Noid »

MintyTheCat wrote:http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34062118

That's nuts... Apparently the gunner was a previous employee of the station. The whole thing is just so crappy, taking out your frustrations on innocent people like that. :(
Last edited by Noid on Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MintyTheCat

Post by MintyTheCat »

Noid wrote:

That's nuts... Apparently the gunner was a precious employee of the station. The whole thing is just so crappy, taking out your frustrations on innocent people like that. :(
Indeed, guns never have any morality; they simply fire and often kill. I wonder how many times this will have to happen before the US works this one out, deary me...
Obscura

Post by Obscura »

Noid wrote:

That's nuts... Apparently the gunner was a precious employee of the station. The whole thing is just so crappy, taking out your frustrations on innocent people like that. :(
Given that the shooter was a former employee of the news station, and claims to have faced racial discrimination there, I doubt very strongly that anyone was "innocent" here.

It's probably more like "well, my life is ruined, that bitch was a cunt to me every day and is an easy target, might as well take her out before offing myself."
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Obscura wrote:"well, my life is ruined, that bitch was a cunt to me every day and is an easy target, might as well take her out before offing myself."

Boy, life is cheap in the US.

Chip on your shoulder? Just kill some people, it's all good.

Casey120

Post by Casey120 »

The bastard actually filmed the shooting himself :

Warning, pretty graphic!

http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/6677813 ... _zelf.html
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

From 'The Economist'. http://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicd ... ericasGuns

I see a trend here. Maybe in a few thousand years the human race will have collectively shot ourselves, or blown ourselves up. Whichever comes first.
Obscura

Post by Obscura »

Skykid wrote:
Obscura wrote:"well, my life is ruined, that bitch was a cunt to me every day and is an easy target, might as well take her out before offing myself."

Why shouldn't it be? There's 7.5 billion of us. It won't be hard to replace someone whose main contribution was looking pretty on camera and speaking with the correct American Midwest accent.
Noid

Post by Noid »

Obscura wrote:
Skykid wrote:

Why shouldn't it be? There's 7.5 billion of us. It won't be hard to replace someone whose main contribution was looking pretty on camera and speaking with the correct American Midwest accent.
It'll be pretty hard to replace her for the people close to her though. Every life matters.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Obscura wrote:
Skykid wrote:

For the news company, maybe, but I'm willing to bet a decent number of people had connections to the victims a bit deeper than some disposable product from Walmart. Even if the shooter was in fact treated poorly at the company (which, you have to remember, is being claimed by someone unstable enough to resort to homicide to vent his frustration and film himself doing so) that's not the same magnitude as killing someone. If we're going to say that it doesn't matter that people are being murdered in broad daylight because the victims aren't spotless...
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
MintyTheCat

Post by MintyTheCat »

Shepardus wrote:
Obscura wrote: Why shouldn't it be? There's 7.5 billion of us. It won't be hard to replace someone whose main contribution was looking pretty on camera and speaking with the correct American Midwest accent.
For the news company, maybe, but I'm willing to bet a decent number of people had connections to the victims a bit deeper than some disposable product from Walmart. Even if the shooter was in fact treated poorly at the company (which, you have to remember, is being claimed by someone unstable enough to resort to homicide to vent his frustration and film himself doing so) that's not the same magnitude as killing someone. If we're going to say that it doesn't matter that people are being murdered in broad daylight because the victims aren't spotless...
Indeed, that's the issue with the "right to bear arms" - any fool, be they sane or insane is given licence to shoot any one they wish to and hence the rest are left to pick up the pieces.

One day, America, just one day it might just dawn on you what the cause of these killings is and we can all move on.
Satan
Banned User

Post by Satan »

So because of the occasional act of madness from a fucking spaztard all Americans must be disarmed so that the only people with weapons are criminals and the force of the criminal state? Very good, carry on.
Noid

Post by Noid »

Satan wrote:So because of the occasional act of madness from a fucking spaztard all Americans must be disarmed so that the only people with weapons are criminals and the force of the criminal state? Very good, carry on.
I don't think they need to have all the guns taken away, I think they need stricter rules. Guns are all over the place here in Canada, doesn't bother me at all.

The problem is who has these guns, and how easy it is to obtain them.