Mushihimesama on Steam

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Jelloman581

Re: Mushihimesama on Steam

Post by Jelloman581 »

Oh good, I thought that was just me when my Start button wouldn't work in game. yeah, a map for Start would be nice. And higher resolutions would be nice, it looks a little blurry at 1440p.
StarCreator wrote:
  • Full control remapping (including directionals and Start button, etc); without this, some users are stuck with a start button mapped to an action button
  • Native support for output resolutions other than 720p
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Nice, it took a while but the latest patch fixes the last issues (1.5 music, local score saving) I had with the port. The port seems to be in a pretty good spot now, maybe now I'll put some more time into improving my scores (or at least after TRP-STGT).
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
mastermx

Post by mastermx »

I can't fully enjoy the game due to monitor resolution issues. Can't wait for those to get fixed. Otherwise I might forever be forced to use GeDesato to fix it, and I really don't want to.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Love the higher quality 1.5 music. Game is still running at 60 FPS too. I agree on the start button config. The game maps it to R1 on the PS1 controller.
OmegaFlareX

Post by OmegaFlareX »

hien wrote:Seems there were some guys, who played it on machines with a core 2 duo. Does the game run without restraints on setups with that kind of cpu? Since there is again a sale for it, that's the only question still holding me back from finally buying it.
I have two Core 2 Duo computers - a desktop tower built in 2009 (E8400 @ 3.6ghz), a 2007 HP laptop (T7500 @ 2.2ghz). Both run the game just fine, even the laptop with its shitty 128mb Nvidia GPU.

The 1.5 music sounds magnificent now, thanks for fixing it.
hien

Post by hien »

OmegaFlareX wrote:I have two Core 2 Duo computers - a desktop tower built in 2009 (E8400 @ 3.6ghz), a 2007 HP laptop (T7500 @ 2.2ghz). Both run the game just fine, even the laptop with its shitty 128mb Nvidia GPU.
Thanks! Just bought it at last. :)
Aleksei

Post by Aleksei »

Image Image
[Cabinet 007]
SMC

Post by SMC »

Last edited by SMC on Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coturnixx

Post by coturnixx »

I don´t know what the fuck that video was, but a screensaver with cave bullet patterns would be awesome now that i think of it. Hipnotic stuff.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

That video just got steadily weirder throughout its duration.
coturnixx wrote:I don´t know what the fuck that video was, but a screensaver with Touhou bullet patterns would be awesome now that i think of it. Hipnotic stuff.
FTFY :P

A Mushihimesama screensaver would just get my screen's pixels stuck on purple.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
microfolk

Post by microfolk »

StarCreator wrote:
  • Full control remapping (including directionals and Start button, etc); without this, some users are stuck with a start button mapped to an action button
This would be so good for us peasants stuck with a cheap ass PCB who only works through old ass drivers. I didn't check in a while but I remember this being a problem with Eschatos and maybe XIIZeal? It would be lovely if every Degica game offered full control remapping, it's truly a great option to have.
defected78

Post by defected78 »

Wasnt the native of 360 port 1080 so why 720 on pc.

Anyway still loving this. Stage 3 is the best moment for me visually and audibly for a cave title.
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

Aleksei wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llnkK6TgcBQ

Anyone want to translate?
Whatever that was, it was cool.
mamboFoxtrot

Post by mamboFoxtrot »

Well, I'm officially in on this now. At first it seemed like this game was going to give me some crap when I went fullscreen and the screen went black, and then crashed my computer when I Alt-F4'd. After restarting, I stayed windowed and just tried switching aspect ratios for the hell of it, but this also blacked out the screen. Thankfully, no crashing upon another Alt-F4. Third time I just tried playing the game, which worked fine. Upon trying the fullscreen/aspect ratio options later, they worked fine. Weird.

Anyways, the game seems to work just fine for me now. Made it to somewhere in the middle of stage 3 on Maniac Mode, Normal version, on my first try because apparently hitboxes are even more magical than usual in this game. I probably could have made it farther, but after phasing through columns of bullets with no actual visible space between multiple times in a row, I kinda just stopped using bombs to see what other shenanigans would happen.

Looking forward to spending some more time with this game!
defected78

Post by defected78 »

Call me crazy but Im really starting to like this allot more than its sequel. I mean this has one whole stage that is a giant bug!!
casualcoder

Post by casualcoder »

I'm having trouble getting past the freezing/intermittent stuttering. I can put up with the screen tearing (vsync adds too much lag than what I would normally find acceptable), I can put up with 720p, but the stuttering ruins some runs, and it ruins immersion.

It's too bad because my impression of 1.5 is that it is more enjoyable than even futari.

Really too bad they got out to a bad start but Cave tends to fix things, eventually.
Tatsuya79

Post by Tatsuya79 »

casualcoder wrote: Really too bad they got out to a bad start but Cave tends to fix things, eventually.
Like Android ports for their 100 years anniversary. :lol:
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

casualcoder wrote:I'm having trouble getting past the freezing/intermittent stuttering. I can put up with the screen tearing (vsync adds too much lag than what I would normally find acceptable), I can put up with 720p, but the stuttering ruins some runs, and it ruins immersion.
I get that too still, I'm guessing it has something to do with disk reads since it's a lot worse on my desktop (where I don't have an SSD) than it is on my laptop (where I do).
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Opus131

Post by Opus131 »

defected78 wrote:Call me crazy but Im really starting to like this allot more than its sequel. I mean this has one whole stage that is a giant bug!!
Visually, i like this one for sticking to the theme. Futari is all over the place in that regard.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

I keep calling Mushi's stage 3 one of the best things in shmups history.
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
cul

Post by cul »

Xyga wrote:I keep calling Mushi's stage 3 one of the best things in shmups history.
This stage is really a freaking blast.
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

Opus131 wrote:Visually, i like this one for sticking to the theme. Futari is all over the place in that regard.
As one of the few people who's never been too impressed with the series visuals, I'll say something a bit controversial: I'm not blown away by the aesthetic because it sticks to the theme too much.

I like Dragon Spirit and Dragon Saber (one of the Mushi series primary visual inspirations) a lot better because every stage feels like a new land. You go from a standard earthen area, to a volcano, to an overgrown jungle, to a desert and grave yard, to a sinister cavern, to the arctic tundra, etc. It's even more diverse and creative in D Saber where the stages are even more inspired with transitions from a lava island to an underground H.R Giger Ruins to a forest of Mushrooms and all sorts of crazy stuff. Both games feel more like adventures with their diverse lands to explore.

Compared to that, I find both Mushi's overly green color palettes to be bland and their world to be rather boring. You don't see anything particularly new and shocking after the first stage in both games, just more trees and bugs.
Xyga wrote:I keep calling Mushi's stage 3 one of the best things in shmups history.
I really like those jellyfish homing zako things. One place where the game definitely lives up to its attempt to homage Toaplan's style.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Stages where the boss itself is the stage are simply the best.
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Squire Grooktook wrote:Both games feel more like adventures with their diverse lands to explore.
Aye, but it's not an adventure game is it..
I see where you're coming from but games that don't tick off a list of elemental worlds, eg air zone, fire zone etc are actually rarer.

Mushi on the other hand manages to have those variations within a coherent theme.
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

Blinge wrote: Aye, but it's not an adventure game is it..
It is to me! Shmups always feel like journeys to me.
Blinge wrote: I see where you're coming from but games that don't tick off a list of elemental worlds, eg air zone, fire zone etc are actually rarer.
Not for a long time, I don't think so. Most modern shmups are too invested in a particular theme. Fire Zone vs Ice Zone is more the realm of older stuff like Gradius, Darius, Thunder Force, etc. It's something that I miss.

Also Dragon Spirit and Saber themselves are pretty strong arguments that you can have a world that's incredibly diverse yet feels like a completely cohesive whole.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

It's not quite as green as SDOJ is blue, but I have heard criticism that it's "five stages of forests." Stage 3's great, though, definitely the stage that impressed me the most when I was first playing.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Tregard

Post by Tregard »

I think vert shmups in general don't tend to play around with stage design very much, so when you see something unique like Mushi's bug stage it really stands out. It's one of my favourites too.

Hori shmups on the other hand really do experiment with stage design, and I could reel off a list of favourites as long as my arm.
MJR

Post by MJR »

Sorry for not wanting to plow through 21 pages of discussion, but is there any way to make this recognize X-arcade tankstick as the keyboard controller? Right now this does not recognize the joystick movement of X-arcade stick at all, which makes it pretty much useless port. There is no way in hell that I want to play this with pad or keyboard.

I also had the black screen when turning to full screen at first, and some tearing as well, which gives this really amateurish appearance. Oh well, at least I can now play this in mame with good conscience since I've now paid for the official PC shitport.
system11

Post by system11 »

I updated my review to a positive, seems they've done a good job of fixing everything now. Last gripe I have is the inaccurate 1.5 slowdown.
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org
1up

Post by 1up »

MJR wrote:Sorry for not wanting to plow through 21 pages of discussion, but is there any way to make this recognize X-arcade tankstick as the keyboard controller? Right now this does not recognize the joystick movement of X-arcade stick at all, which makes it pretty much useless port. There is no way in hell that I want to play this with pad or keyboard.

I also had the black screen when turning to full screen at first, and some tearing as well, which gives this really amateurish appearance. Oh well, at least I can now play this in mame with good conscience since I've now paid for the official PC shitport.
google joy2key. It's a small,free,program that lets you set your sticks and buttons to keyboard inputs