I DID IT! -Off Topic Edition-

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
the_last_shmupper

Re: I DID IT! -Off Topic Edition-

Post by the_last_shmupper »

drauch wrote:
the_last_shmupper wrote:
trap15 wrote:What's her user name Image
Only half kidding, also congrats
There's no gender listed. He might be a she and her might be his.
RUH ROH! Could also be a pillow or an animal or a ghost. Also didn't specify if this was real life or in Harvest Moon or the Sims. Be more respectable next time and don't assume it's a human just because you're used to that sort of thing. We keep an open mind here, FASCIST.
Sorry you don't trust someone enough that they'd marry a human or get married in real life when they said they did :-( Your joke is insulting in a way.

Just messing with you.
Last edited by the_last_shmupper on Wed May 20, 2015 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

^ruh roh...

1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
drauch

Post by drauch »

Insert Guile death throes. "OOOOO AUGHHHHH" But seriously, congrats to Seraph. :wink:

Back on topic: cleaned my room for the first time this year. Sorta. Halfway. Found half a variety pack of tenga eggs underneath clothing. +1
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
ryu

Post by ryu »

That came out of nowhere in this topic. Congrats Seraph!
blog - scores - collection
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
chempop

Post by chempop »

Congrats ACSeraph!

I’ve been tobacco-free for a whole year now. Smoked for about 15 years, I still miss it, but....
I ran +10 miles on the bike trail, so there are some good things about quitting I suppose.
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
the_last_shmupper

Post by the_last_shmupper »

chempop wrote:Congrats ACSeraph!

I’ve been tobacco-free for a whole year now. Smoked for about 15 years, I still miss it, but....
I ran +10 miles on the bike trail, so there are some good things about quitting I suppose.

I try to run 8 miles when I can, either on treadmill or on a trail outside my house. Congrats about quitting smoking. You'll only be healthier for it.

A publisher sent me a contract today to publish my game and vowed to put money and artists into it. I'm surprised. Steam contacts manage to go a long way.
Last edited by the_last_shmupper on Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:10 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Had a few credits of TGM2, managed to clear normal mode! It was quite the shock.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

RESURRECTION

Got the platinum trophy for Dark Souls 2. That's all achievements for every souls game. 8)
broken harbour

Post by broken harbour »

Caffeine-free for 6 months now.

First two months were brutal, I'm not a smoker but I feel like I have a small idea of what they go thru when they quit now.
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

Blinge wrote:RESURRECTION

Got the platinum trophy for Dark Souls 2. That's all achievements for every souls game. 8)
You would've finished a year ago if you hadn't wasted time posting on shmups forum scrub

Seriously though congrats, I definitely don't have the patience for much more than basic clears of those games.
broken harbour wrote:Caffeine-free for 6 months now.

First two months were brutal, I'm not a smoker but I feel like I have a small idea of what they go thru when they quit now.
My old job back in the US got me addicted to energy drinks in order to keep up with the endless long shifts. When I got to Japan I essentially went cold turkey and it was surprisingly rough, like having Jet lag for months. Good on you to escape its grip :)
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

I finally beat the Challenge Tower in MK9. 300 challenges, with the last 30 getting really nasty at times (beat three Shao Kahns, beat three Goros, etc.). The final one is beating four people with one life bar (Goro, Kintaro, Mileena and Shao Kahn). Now, let's get to unlocking some goodies :)
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

ACSeraph wrote:
Blinge wrote:RESURRECTION

You would've finished a year ago if you hadn't wasted time posting on shmups forum scrub

Seriously though congrats, I definitely don't have the patience for much more than basic clears of those games.
Haha, forum meme confirmed. Cheers dude. Honestly it'd not that demanding skillwise, It's a test of patience and how prepared you are to sift through the wikis. Demon souls was the worst for this, and the most demanding.
broken harbour wrote:Caffeine-free for 6 months now.

Christ, I couldn't do it. 7 cups of tea/coffee a day here. Congratulations!
kaicooper

Post by kaicooper »

I DID IT
its always great in Shmups..but somthing else

DARK SOULS ..
PAPER/ARTILLERY

Post by PAPER/ARTILLERY »

Ran my first half marathon today. This is the furthest I've ever run in one stretch and I'm pretty pleased with my time (1:50) considering I did very little training. Legs are pretty sore right now but the satisfaction makes up for it.Image
Freedom Is Not Defined By Safety

Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

^Great job man! How long have you been training?
[Youtube | 1cc list | Steam]
mastermx wrote:
xorthen wrote:You guys are some hardcore MOFOs and masochists.
This is the biggest compliment you can give to people on this forum.
PAPER/ARTILLERY

Ruldra wrote:^Great job man! How long have you been training?
Err, I did about 4-5 runs as practice. Maybe two weeks? My wife was annoyed / impressed, she's been training for months and came in at 2 hours and some change. I think I just have an advantage on account of having long legs.

Edit: 500th post, woop!

Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Haha. you do have the right build for running I think.

Huge congratulations, man! I can't run for 20 minutes without dying..
PAPER/ARTILLERY

Blinge wrote:Haha. you do have the right build for running I think.

Huge congratulations, man! I can't run for 20 minutes without dying..
Cheers buddy! You better believe I'm feeling the effects today, stairs are a nightmare.

pestro87

Post by pestro87 »

Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Recently caught up with all the new achievements added in The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth DLC.
I'm a nerdx1000 for sure.

Here's my hard mode run as ???, Boss rush, Hush, Dark room and Mega Satan defeated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08nc2Y5pJD4
Chaos Phoenixma

Post by Chaos Phoenixma »

On the subject of achievements/trophies,

Just finally finished up the Tales of Symphonia platinum trophy. Took a huge break from the game then started recently to finish the playthrough up to the point where I could get Regal's last title since it was the last thing I needed. It's also my 1,337th trophy on PSN.

That was a minimum of 4 playthroughs(with reloading), but I wanted everything on the same file, so I had to do a 5th playthrough. But I missed a title for Colette that has a stupidly short time window to get, so I had to do a 6th playthrough since I had to waste one of the playthroughs to pick Colette at Flanoir a second time.

I'll probably finish the rest of the playthrough sometime, but for now, I'm either going to continue DotNW(up to chapter 6 on NG+ Mania since I don't have Unknown yet), finally beat Dark Souls because I quit playing it for other games, or finish up Lightning Returns platinum trophy first(need the trophy for upgrading a lot of accessories, which will let me do NG+ with a guide to see all the quests I missed or failed)
ryu

Post by ryu »

Wow, good job.

I aimed to get everything in the GCN release way back then, but lost interest after a couple of playthroughs. Couldn't even finish NG+ in the PS3 port.
blog - scores - collection
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
Chaos Phoenixma

Post by Chaos Phoenixma »

Just got the final Steam Achievement for Super Meat Boy. It was obviously Impossible Boy.

That was the longest no death run for me to get. Most of the later ones took a few hours of practice and attempts. This one for Dark Cotton Alley took me a bit over 12 hours of practice and attempts because of me being bad at the game and making mistakes due to inconsistency. It happened during a practice session too, so it ended up being in 1-20 order instead of me doing a specific order meant to get the hard stuff out of the way first.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

holy shit. nice one man.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Damn. I drew the line at world 1. Congrats!
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
moh

Post by moh »

drauch wrote:Found half a variety pack of tenga eggs underneath clothing. +1
+100 u slut
GaijinPunch wrote:Ketsui with suction cup.
Weak Boson

Post by Weak Boson »

I just received an offer for PhD funding :D

I think I am literally physically incapable of being more happy. I'm overwhelmed!!
qmish

Post by qmish »

Holy !@#$%, i finished PS2 Shinobi! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Well, for you, guys with 1cc's and else, it may sound "meh" as it's just on "Normal" difficulty and not even no-miss, but, whatever. For such "not competitive" gamer like me it was a real threat. Of ~33 hours i spent with game only ~2.5 hours is what counts. Pretty evil, huh.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Beat the 6th Challenge in Vanquish. I've no deathed the main game a few times now, once using only the Assault Rifle on Normal (no grenades, only the occasional turret and sniper rifle where mandatory), but the last challenge had eluded me for a while. No more! No capture device, so just a quick vid of getting the achievement.

Kill time is absolute garbage, had a rough time surviving let alone speedkilling ;-;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpCaNRB7btM

Now off to try and no-death God Hard.
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

BareKnuckleRoo wrote:Beat the 6th Challenge in Vanquish. I've no deathed the main game a few times now, once using only the Assault Rifle on Normal (no grenades, only the occasional turret and sniper rifle where mandatory), but the last challenge had eluded me for a while. No more! No capture device, so just a quick vid of getting the achievement.

Kill time is absolute garbage, had a rough time surviving let alone speedkilling ;-;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpCaNRB7btM

Now off to try and no-death God Hard.
Nice! Challenge 6 is crazy.

God Hard no deaths without checkpoint or mission restarts..? best of luck with that. I'd love to see a recording. There's a 'no-death' run on YT but it's spliced, you can see him cut in mission restarts & there's a lot of near-death situations along with unnecessary risks.
I've been meaning to attempt speedruns of God Hard since a japanese player started running that and some new glitches were found. Been putting it off since each attempt would take two hours and been busy lately (and score/speed runs are time consuming regardless). I'm not nearly consistent enough for no-death full runs of GH.