DoDonPachi Resurrection - Steam Edition

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
drunkninja24

Re: DoDonPachi Resurrection - Steam Edition

Post by drunkninja24 »

So I figured out my derp with getting ura route in BL

I was minsterpreting having full Bomb/Hyper stock as having Maximum and apparently wasn't playing aggressive enough to get that last bomb stock for Maximum bonus.

Still a heck of a lot harder to do here than in 1.5, but at least now I know the general plan to get it :mrgreen:
GeekMan1222

Post by GeekMan1222 »

Hello all I made this account ages ago but now I think I am ready to dive in.

Picked up the new Cave shooter last week. Been playing it so often Never played a DoDonPachi always wanted to. Now 21 hours in and im loving this.

Anyways, I love shmups I generally suck at them. But Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu 1.51 I think I am getting the hang of this.
Today I broke 100billion points, with the Type B Strong in 1.51.

Might try to post my High Score in the High Score thread if I can. haha

Anyways witness me brothers I am finally posting something lol

One thing though has anyone noticed the replays when you save them are a bit glitch sometimes to get it to play the correct replay. Its super annoying.

Cheers ! :D
phrenzee

Post by phrenzee »

I'm having an interesting issue with this. The game loads and plays fine right up until I've played one game. Then, after the two replay dialogs, it almost grinds to a halt. Becoming unresponsive and choppy, and appears to struggle somehow. Windows resource monitor reports about 25% cpu usage during this :/

Anyone seen this happen?

Update: This appears to happen ONLY in score attack mode, NOT play mode :?
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.
Glick

Post by Glick »

phrenzee wrote:I'm having an interesting issue with this. The game loads and plays fine right up until I've played one game. Then, after the two replay dialogs, it almost grinds to a halt. Becoming unresponsive and choppy, and appears to struggle somehow. Windows resource monitor reports about 25% cpu usage during this :/

Anyone seen this happen?

Update: This appears to happen ONLY in score attack mode, NOT play mode :?
This bug has been mentioned a number of times in this thread and on Steam, but Degica has yet to acknowledge it :(

FYI, it's the score upload feature that's causing this, not replays. If you upload your score you're fucked and need to restart the game. Pretty absurd, and it's been broken like this in every CAVE port so far.
phrenzee

Post by phrenzee »

Glick wrote:...it's the score upload feature that's causing this, not replays. If you upload your score you're fucked and need to restart the game. Pretty absurd, and it's been broken like this in every CAVE port so far.
I thought it might be that, but it happens even if I chose not to upload. I guess I was a bit unclear about the "dialogs", but at the time I had the game set for Japanese language - for debugging purposes :wink:
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.
blackrabite

Post by blackrabite »

GeekMan1222 wrote:Picked up the new Cave shooter last week. Been playing it so often Never played a DoDonPachi always wanted to. Now 21 hours in and im loving this.

Anyways, I love shmups I generally suck at them. But Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu 1.51 I think I am getting the hang of this.
Today I broke 100billion points, with the Type B Strong in 1.51.
Way to go, man! Keep playing, and be sure to come back here with progress and questions!
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

-
Last edited by Cagar on Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vally

Post by Vally »

Disappointingly, it looks like replays are broken as well.

I've downloaded a Black Label high scoring replay only to see the ship suiciding into bullets repeatedly and losing all lives on the stage 1 midboss.

Also beat my 5 year personal best and saved my replay, went to watch it and record it, only for it to do the exact same thing... Repeatedly driving into bullets and dying on the first stage.

I've not yet downloaded or recorded a single replay that's worked properly.
pegboy

Post by pegboy »

Game hangs for me if I alt-tab or hit the windows key to minimize it (I'm running in full screen mode), it won't let me go back to the game or do anything. I lose all control of my computer and the only way to get out of the situation is to manually kill the process via ctrl-alt-del and task manager. Otherwise my system remains completely locked up.
Last edited by pegboy on Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Do you have VSync turned on? I remember there being problems with replays in the Mushi port with VSync.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Van_Artic

Post by Van_Artic »

replays are inconsistent with me
sometimes they work fully, sometimes they don't

i thought i uploaded a broken replay but thankfully it worked out next time i replayed it
MaXXX

Post by MaXXX »

Why can't you use the Score Detail window in 1.51?
defected78

Post by defected78 »

Patch the options screen. No one would natively run portrait.
tomwhite2004

Post by tomwhite2004 »

defected78 wrote:No one would natively run portrait.
Never played Mecha Ritz in tate then? Its really not that big of a deal to press control+alt and a directional key.

Agree it needs to be patched, slowdown issues first though please!
trap15

Post by trap15 »

defected78 wrote:No one would natively run portrait.
What? Both my work and home setups would like a word with you, as would a number of other people's setups. Portrait screen orientations are very useful for programming and reading documentation.

Literally my setup every day, and I don't even play games here.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
blackrabite

Post by blackrabite »

Wait, so is running the game while in portrait mode even an option while my crt is tate'd? I know with Mushihimesama, the game wouldn't launch unless I was in regular landscape mode in Win 7, so I would just have to navigate to the icon with my head tilted to run the game. If this has changed for DFK, it'd be convenient!
Glick

Post by Glick »

Yeah, as a software engineer I often have a monitor running in portrait as well. Pretty normal stuff.

And yes, this game "just works" when you're running in that mode. I had to mess with the scaling a bit to match my aspect ratio more closely, but it was fine otherwise.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

I've got a similar setup at both work and home. One of the few gripes I have with Crimzon Clover: World Ignition is that it doesn't allow me to full-screen on my second (portrait-oriented) monitor and it doesn't detect the resolution of that monitor either, so it doesn't let me use the high-res vertical resolution (720x1280) windowed either because it doesn't think it can fit on my monitor. I usually just play it full-screened on my landscape monitor, but if I really want it vertical I have to make my vertical monitor the primary display.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
blackrabite

Post by blackrabite »

Glick wrote:Yeah, as a software engineer I often have a monitor running in portrait as well. Pretty normal stuff.

And yes, this game "just works" when you're running in that mode. I had to mess with the scaling a bit to match my aspect ratio more closely, but it was fine otherwise.
That is awesome news, thanks for that! Tbqh, I should've just tried it.
tomwhite2004

Post by tomwhite2004 »

Shepardus wrote:I've got a similar setup at both work and home. One of the few gripes I have with Crimzon Clover: World Ignition is that it doesn't allow me to full-screen on my second (portrait-oriented) monitor and it doesn't detect the resolution of that monitor either, so it doesn't let me use the high-res vertical resolution (720x1280) windowed either because it doesn't think it can fit on my monitor. I usually just play it full-screened on my landscape monitor, but if I really want it vertical I have to make my vertical monitor the primary display.
If you have an nvidia card you can select to perform the scaling on the gpu rather than have the monitor handle it to get round this problem.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Vally wrote:Disappointingly, it looks like replays are broken as well.

I've downloaded a Black Label high scoring replay only to see the ship suiciding into bullets repeatedly and losing all lives on the stage 1 midboss.
Weirdly that actually happened to me on the Xbox 360 Ketsuipachi way back. Saved my best ever run only for it to go out of whack on the stage 2 boss and suicide repeatedly.

The 360 code has obviously just been dumped into Steam and without any kind of tweaks some of the results are even more serious (or newly created).
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

when's ketsuipachi?
defected78

Post by defected78 »

Ok. Despite all ps1, 2, 3, dreamcast, 360 games being able to rotate an options menu so its readable in tate. This game cant do it but because you happen to have a monitor setup like this it doesnt need patching. Dont pacify the issue and let them off the hook. Why does mushi, eschatos not do it your way then.
MaXXX

Post by MaXXX »

Bananamatic wrote:when's ketsuipachi?
I just inject heroin before starting it up to make it seem faster.
Glick

Post by Glick »

defected78 wrote:Ok. Despite all ps1, 2, 3, dreamcast, 360 games being able to rotate an options menu so its readable in tate. This game cant do it but because you happen to have a monitor setup like this it doesnt need patching. Dont pacify the issue and let them off the hook. Why does mushi, eschatos not do it your way then.
Nobody is "pacifying" the issue here. It's just not that major compared to the entire broken modes in the game.
Saikyoh

Post by Saikyoh »

I was watching STG Weekly's video on this game and in one point someone claimed that they supposedly fixed the Doom milking on the PC. Timestamped.

Can somebody here confirm/deny this?
AxelMill

Post by AxelMill »

Saikyoh wrote:I was watching STG Weekly's video on this game and in one point someone claimed that they supposedly fixed the Doom milking on the PC. Timestamped.

Can somebody here confirm/deny this?
Bananamatic wrote:Also BL scoring seems to be fixed, after killing hivac the chain value seemed to be capped at 99,999,999 while in the original it was at 1,6bil or something
Observer

Post by Observer »

Well, breaking my months-long silence, I bought this during the lunch week and I'm still surprised at the amount of modes and things this has. I still miss the mobile OST (I hope they add it to the game...) but holy crap the difference between the tablet/mobile version and this is immense, lol. (Let's leave the jokes aside just in case.)

Anyway, I'm still very confused as to how some of these modes work. For example, Arrange B if I'm not wrong seems to be a stage score attack, right? But the computer/VR approach and the confusing scoring mechanics don't help at all. I checked the DDP thread and only found stuff on the main mode (like how to enter Ura/Tsujou loops, bees, etc.).

Then there is Ketsuipachi, which is a whole new level of hell I wasn't prepared for. Enjoyable to see the waterfalls of cubes falling down but not so much to not being able to understand the mechanics.

There isn't much explained in-game right? The achievements seems to orient the player into the mechanics but half the time have me figuring out wtf I have to do. Most of the info I got it from the this trusty mighty board and it's been like uncovering relics. Same goes for Mushihimesama btw. (Those "get the fire count up to 150,000" achievements got me wondering how the scoring actually worked since before I thought it was just point and shoot without thought. Foolish me.)

Anyway, I did 2-ALL Novice mode and beat Golden Disaster using obviously the blue ship strong style so now I'm testing a bit power and bomb styles, which I'm not liking all that much.

Having a lot of fun trying to find chaining paths and the bigger leniency helps immensely!

edit: Wondering what's that of "destroying a Danger laser", I guess Strong style just LOLspams everything without letting you do that, right? Seriously rediscovering this game!

edit2: Oh, a patch is out addressing several issues.
NOW REACHES THE FATAL ATTRACTION BE DESCRIBED AS "HELLSINKER". DECIDE DESTINATION.
MaXXX

Post by MaXXX »

You get the danger lasers when you cancel lots of bullets with your hyper, you can get them in any style
blackrabite

Post by blackrabite »

Observer wrote:edit2: Oh, a patch is out addressing several issues.
Thanks for that! The patch notes are here for everybody's convenience. Some of the immediately obnoxious issues (crashes, fps anomaly post-upload, and GUI in rotation) are fixed up! Meanwhile, Ketsuipachi (and its importance to the community) is addressed in the latter half of the post; the slowdown and a possible fix remain under investigation, so y'all keep your fingers crossed. :mrgreen: