DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Shepardus

Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)

Post by Shepardus »

Nope, just local co-op in AC mode unfortunately.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Shepardus wrote:
Zach Keene wrote:Do we have an official Shmupsforum cabinet? (I'm on 0001 at the moment.)
Maybe we should use cabinet system11. :P
Not cabinet 0420? Or 0360? :V
Zach Keene

Post by Zach Keene »

Jokes aside, it only goes up to 0064.
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

About bosses from previous versions in CS mode:
Spoiler
Found G.T.B. Every boss appears to be implemented apart from Massive Whip (+its variants) and Steel Spin/Dual Spin.
Last edited by Zaarock on Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
jugu

Post by jugu »

I'd buy the digital PSVita release if I hadn't already pre-ordered the limited edition physical release from NCSX.
Tigershark

Post by Tigershark »

How do I get this in the UK for my Vita?
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Zaarock wrote:EU PS4/Vita release is delayed to 12/8
That's awful...
What in the actual fuck.
system11

Post by system11 »

You can certainly blame SCEE for that, they're always completely hopeless unless you're a big publisher.

Just buy it from the US store, it will be cheaper anyway.
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org
parallaxscroll2

Post by parallaxscroll2 »

WTF

What about...nevermind.

Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

Despatche wrote:
Pretty much everyone in this thread going on about casuals this and that are the casuals themselves, trying to imply that they won't buy the game, mostly because it's digital and not at all because of the actual price tag.

Just go at any non-shmup site and read comments for DBCS news. It's not smth system11 users fantasying about.
I can't even tell what any of this means. Translation?
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

system11 wrote:You can certainly blame SCEE for that, they're always completely hopeless unless you're a big publisher.
Just buy it from the US store, it will be cheaper anyway.
That's an option, though setting up and linking a second (and possibly third, if I want to buy stuff from Japan) account is kind of an annoyance.
ZaKa-tokyobassist

Post by ZaKa-tokyobassist »

That pricing is awful for something that isn't tangible. Hell I didn't buy Fatal Frame V for the same reason aside from hard drive space issues.

- Interested in game due to my preference for hori-scrollers.
- Only enjoyed G-Darius. Gaiden was ok at best in my opinion so will I enjoy this enough on it's own?
- That fucking price man...I was expecting $40 tops. A full priced title released the same span as Xenoblade and EDF 4.1 is straight wallet murder. Not sure I can manage it...
- Physical release would be nice but I mainly have beef with the pricing. I don't expect success at that price despite the value it provides.
Last edited by ZaKa-tokyobassist on Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
PSN: tokyobassist
Fighting/SHMUPS/Run N' Gun/Action/Horror/Stealth Games/Arcade Racers/Rail Shooters/Gaming Lore
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

On Vita I wouldn't even consider trying to buy something off a region I didn't have a Vita dedicated to because of how painful the process to switch accounts is. (I have two Vitas, one for NA and one for JP.) Probably not as big a deal on PS4 though.
Domino

Post by Domino »

Most likely be sold for a discounted price on release week. Will pick it up on 12/03 on Steam. I have too much crap video game wise laying around my bedroom so digital been helping me lots.
Jelloman581

Post by Jelloman581 »

Has anyone tried Vita version yet? Does it use the touchscreen at all? Plan to get the Steam version, but I'd consider the Vita version as well if I could play it on a Playstation TV as well.
Zach Keene

Post by Zach Keene »

Jelloman581 wrote:Has anyone tried Vita version yet? Does it use the touchscreen at all? Plan to get the Steam version, but I'd consider the Vita version as well if I could play it on a Playstation TV as well.
No touchscreen.
roadpuppets

Post by roadpuppets »

Jelloman581 wrote:Has anyone tried Vita version yet? Does it use the touchscreen at all? Plan to get the Steam version, but I'd consider the Vita version as well if I could play it on a Playstation TV as well.
Ive been playing the Vita release, so far it's fantastic, I'm not real far along cause frankly... I'm not real good, but so far, no touch screen, and no issues. Also I dont have a link but I did see a Developer reply a few days ago saying that it WAS Vita TV compatible, hope that helps.

Switched to cabinet 11, tho I admit I dont fully understand that whole multiplayer unlocking concept. All in all this seems to be a real Solid port, no regrets on the price tag, been waiting on a title of this caliber on this platform forever.
Jelloman581

Post by Jelloman581 »

How about how visible everything is on the Vita screen? was going to see if I could load up a youtube video on the Vita to get an idea of the screen scale. Having it on the go and to play on the Vita would be nice indeed.
roadpuppets wrote:
Ive been playing the Vita release, so far it's fantastic, I'm not real far along cause frankly... I'm not real good, but so far, no touch screen, and no issues. Also I dont have a link but I did see a Developer reply a few days ago saying that it WAS Vita TV compatible, hope that helps.

Switched to cabinet 11, tho I admit I dont fully understand that whole multiplayer unlocking concept. All in all this seems to be a real Solid port, no regrets on the price tag, been waiting on a title of this caliber on this platform forever.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Despatche wrote:Pyramid and Taito deserve every penny of that $49.99 (and then some), and they are rightfully convinced that there's a very tiny market for this game. It's your job to fix that, not theirs.
Impressive logic there.

It's pretty clear that being a niche title it needs a high price tag to minimise risk. There is only a small demographic genuinely interested in the game, so this is the best hope for making up the shortfall against all the people that definitely won't be buying it.

The Vita version will be enough for me for a while, but I'll definitely get it on Steam when the price drops.
Rupert H wrote:Very true. I'm not going near that beast without a burst cannon. His big brothers Golden and Savage are out of control too.
What are you playing it on so soon?

My amiami order says the physical release isn't coming out until January, can anyone confirm this?
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

Zach Keene

Post by Zach Keene »

Jelloman581 wrote:How about how visible everything is on the Vita screen? was going to see if I could load up a youtube video on the Vita to get an idea of the screen scale. Having it on the go and to play on the Vita would be nice indeed.
CS mode is fantastic.

Arcade mode is... about what you'd expect from scaling down the ultra wide play field down to Vita resolution, really. It's playable enough but I'll probably be doing most of my Arcade mode on the PS4.
Last edited by Zach Keene on Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jelloman581

Post by Jelloman581 »

Yeah Im thinking I'll be hanging out in CS mode since its adjusted to the screen size. Think I'll take the plunge!
Domino

Post by Domino »

Is the port has 3000+ levels or something like that!? :?

People want physical I get that but we have no problems paying $100+ on a PCB and rare games then a $50 or so on a digital PC release.
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

No physical release sucks but I'll take what I can get. I wanna play, not cuddle the box to sleep at night. I'm sure they would have done physical if it had been financially reasonable to do so. Lets just be glad the game happened at all.

As for price, for anyone here on shmups forum, if you are truly a player and not a collector then I'm certain it's worth every single penny if not more. However I think the price was a bad call either way, as I feel like the PS4 version really had a chance to make a splash outside of the cult of shmup.

If ever there was an STG that could avoid the "it's too easy and short" review bullshit it's this one. It's got a lot going for it from visuals and music to easily understood mechanics and massive massive content. Really, for the average non-fan this one looks way more substantial than anything by Cave, whether its true or not. But at $50 I can't see anyone other than true believers jumping, and thats kinda sad.
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
DwightDL

Post by DwightDL »

Domino wrote:Is the port has 3000+ levels or something like that!? :?

People want physical I get that but we have no problems paying $100+ on a PCB and rare games then a $50 or so on a digital PC release.
yeah what does it mean by 3000+ levels? how is that even possible?

Ahhhhh I can't decide if this is a buy for me or not. Pressure's on, too, because that 10% off code is about to expire.
Someone just tell me to buy it please. It's been a while since i've been into a shmup and this one looks great..
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

Skykid wrote:My amiami order says the physical release isn't coming out until January, can anyone confirm this?
Wikipedia currently says that the JP release is January 14th on all platforms. I was surprised to learn that the West was getting it first.
iast

Post by iast »

Streamed some PSTV gameplay earlier. Recording here: http://www.twitch.tv/iastsa/b/684532854

As others have commented, the Vita isn't too friendly with AC mode scaling. It's playable enough on PSTV on a 23" monitor but I can't imagine playing on a handheld being easy on the eyes. CS mode looks great, aside from a slightly largish UI in my opinion, but just a personal thought.

Curious to see impressions on the PS4/Steam versions when they launch, particularly for AC mode. As much as I'd like to double dip, the next couple weeks gaming-wise aren't gonna be easy on my wallet.
Jelloman581

Post by Jelloman581 »

Thanks for the video! I watched a few gameplay videos on the Vita itself and it gave me a fair idea of what its like on the Vita. Yeah, CS mode will be the way to play here. Another question, how much content is playable away form an Internet connection. Like if I take it to work (can't use wifi there), does the game cache levels for me to play, then resyncs next time I'm on my wifi at home? Hope that makes sense.

I really wish they made a demo for this game. At this price point, it almost feels needed.
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

Jelloman581 wrote:I really wish they made a demo for this game. At this price point, it almost feels needed.
Call me crazy, but I think they should have done the entire ADH course as a demo. Only a terrible human being wouldn't be drooling for more after that.
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Surely you can play the whole thing offline, though I don't know how the Cabinet sync thing works if you're offline.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.