Mushihimesama on Steam

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Observer

Re: Mushihimesama on Steam

Post by Observer »

I must be missing something reading people rising the counter to 2 million, holy shit.

Are there any videos showcasing these scoring madness in motion? I read all the strategy text but one thing is that and another to see it with my very own eyes. Maniac, Ultra, whatever. Thanks in advance!
NOW REACHES THE FATAL ATTRACTION BE DESCRIBED AS "HELLSINKER". DECIDE DESTINATION.
Illyrian

Post by Illyrian »

Yes, look at one of the top replays in the game for that mode.

SWY gets it to almost 2 million a few times.
www.twitch.tv/illyriangaming
<RegalSin> we are supporting each other on our crotches
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

Yeah nice port

EDIT: This only happened if I alt+tabbed out of the game while streaming, and it was only visible to the stream and didn't affect the game itself at all.
tl:dr the "screenshot" is a joke :)
Last edited by Cagar on Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Those special effects are a bonus feature, right? >_>
mastermx

Post by mastermx »

That's the TLB of the TLB. Congrats, you are the first to unlock it.
Mr Halibut

Post by Mr Halibut »

"There's a Mushihimesama kill screen coming up, if anyone's interested".
japtor

Post by japtor »

zakk wrote:
donluca wrote:
japtor wrote:Any trick for getting Wineskin up and running for it or will whatever basic Steam install tutorial do? I've got it running on mine with Crossover but have some Mac friends that want to play it too.
Download Wineskin.
Download latest Engine.
Create new Wrapper with the latest Wine version.
Launch wrapper, go to Advanced, Tools, Winetricks.
Under Apps, look for Steam, check it, click Run.

Profit.

EDIT: ah, to install .NET and XNA frameworks, good luck. I don't remember what the hell I did to get both installed and working.
You also may want to install some common found DLLs such as Visual C++ libraries, XML parser and such.
Anyway, there are guides all over the internet, just google 'em.
My wine tricks log for mushi is:

msxml3
vcrun2010
d3dcompiler_43
d3dx9_43
dsound

I think you may need 'xact' too, specifically xaudio2_8.dll
Thanks, played with it a bit today. It actually worked with just the latest engine and the Steam winetrick. Can't seem to narrow down one pesky problem though, something seems to be taking window focus every few minutes and pausing the game as a result. Tried disabling every Steam thing I could think of and tried those winetricks but it's still happening.
pokemon123

Post by pokemon123 »

been trying to no miss ultra max stage 5 for fun. I am pretty bad heh. slowdown gets so intense sometimes that the screen starts to shake lol

EDIT: replays still weird for me tried errpo's ultra max replay and he died on stage 2 despite the game saying he made it to stage 5 boss
Shadolf

Post by Shadolf »

I just commented on GOG. Would definately like to see this game DRM-Free.
Maybe then without the bugs from the Steam-Version.
I think CAVE should release all their games at GOG.
You could get your "DRM-Free" copy on day one anyway.
But for the people don´t like illegal things (like me) and who like to support CAVE, they should release it at GOG.
DRM is just not acceptable.

Please everyone, post on GOG to support a DRM free release.
donluca

Post by donluca »

japtor wrote:Can't seem to narrow down one pesky problem though, something seems to be taking window focus every few minutes and pausing the game as a result. Tried disabling every Steam thing I could think of and tried those winetricks but it's still happening.
I had that happen to me twice yesterday: I was in fullscreen and it minimized the window.

Not sure what caused that. Does the game run with Steam in offline mode? If it does, you can try it out and see if that fixes it.

Another thing you can try is using Mac's native driver instead of X11: right click the application, show content, launch Wineskin, go to Set Screen Options and on the right, check Use Mac Driver.
spmbx

Post by spmbx »

They need to iron out the issues before considering GOG or other alternatives. In it's present state i won't be buying it on GOG either. It's not a good thing when the emulated version gives you less headaches than the ported one, imho.
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

spmbx wrote:They need to iron out the issues before considering GOG or other alternatives. In it's present state i won't be buying it on GOG either. It's not a good thing when the emulated version gives you less headaches than the ported one, imho.
Even on day 1 before the several patches that fixed a majority of the issues, the emulated version was still more of a headache to me.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

The port is great. Most of the real issues were fixed within days, and many of those issues only happened to very specific people, such as weirdos trying to run Windows games on Mac or Linux. Stuff like Cagar's bizarre screenshot are not normal even in the original v1.1.2.0 release. Everyone who is still complaining was told to complain and have no real issue with this product, and I get the feeling that most of them haven't even bought the game yet.

Disclaimer: I don't exactly like CAVE, and I didn't want them to come to PC because I feared that they would dominate every other PC title. This does not have to do with sales, but with playerbase.
Blinge wrote:Is a clear of Maniac/Ultra still considered legit if autofire rate is increased?
Not really talking about scoring as I don't fully understand it..
No rapid and rapid are separate categories, scoring or not.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

What's up with the counter on stage 1 in arrange here? http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm27547443
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
brentsg

Post by brentsg »

Despatche wrote:Everyone who is still complaining was told to complain and have no real issue with this product, and I get the feeling that most of them haven't even bought the game yet.
That's a pretty ignorant comment. You're not having problems so nobody else can be.
Breaking news: Dodonpachi Developer Cave Releases Hello Kitty Game
spmbx

Post by spmbx »

I havent bought it and purely going by the screenshots and experiences i read here. It would be interesting to see it running but i don't know anyone irl that plays anything else than AAA blockbusters and grindfest MMO's
eebrozgi

Post by eebrozgi »

spmbx wrote:going by the screenshots
If by this you refer to the one Cagar posted, it's not at all something that comes up during normal play. It happened when he was streaming the game and took the focus off the game window.
If watching the trailer of the game
makes you feel a certain way
I would be very happy if
you would give the game a try

~Daisuke Amaya, 2015

ZeroRanger - RELEASED!
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

spmbx wrote:I havent bought it and purely going by the screenshots and experiences i read here. It would be interesting to see it running but i don't know anyone irl that plays anything else than AAA blockbusters and grindfest MMO's
You can ignore my glitchy screenshot, it only happened if I alt+tabbed out of the game while streaming, and it was only visible to the stream and didn't affect the game itself at all. :D

On top of that, most of their problems have been fixed. It doesn't crash on startup and runs solid 60fps, all in all it's a pretty good port already. A lot of the stuff mentioned here is already outdated
Smraedis

Post by Smraedis »

emphatic wrote:What's up with the counter on stage 1 in arrange here? http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm27547443
That's normal behaviour, the player is using the wrong shot type so the counter isn't going up as much as it can.
The Unknown? I'm the one who knows!
My shmup achievements | and my Superplays!
mastermx

Post by mastermx »

Blackbird are there any update for resolution settings or setting the game to 16:10. In fullscreen the game is currently unplayable on my monitor. Don't wanna use Gedosato for this simple problem.
Tigershark

Post by Tigershark »

OK bought this. Slow down way different to the PS2 version I have. So far 1.5 version is the more enjoyable game for me.

Only one question:

1. Where is the Vsync option? I'd like to turn it off.

Sound in 1.5 is lowfi. I've seen a few comments about this so hopefully they will sort that but it's not a game killer for me.

I agree with previous comments about resolution fix. 16:10 would be good.

Anyway, looks way better than by PS2 version and happy with purchase.

TS.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

You can turn Vsync off by going into your Steam directory/SteamApps/common/Mushihimesama (or wherever you set your install directory), open up Mushihimesama.ini, and set Vsync=0.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Tigershark

Post by Tigershark »

Thanks.

Having checked the file it was already on "0". I changed it to "1" and it is much better.
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

I've got it hearing the patches fix most of the stuff and I wasn't dissapointed, however what I was dissapointed with is that the 1.5 music in-game is of PCB quality (which is not very good), now before any of you of say "what if Cave doesn't have the original sound files", meh, 1.5 DID have an OST out that was really high quality. Here's hoping they actually fix it because it's a serious issue, as much as crashing/input lag reported here.

Here http://vgmdb.net/album/28049
Zenodyne R - My 2nd Steam Shmup
japtor

Post by japtor »

donluca wrote:
japtor wrote:Can't seem to narrow down one pesky problem though, something seems to be taking window focus every few minutes and pausing the game as a result. Tried disabling every Steam thing I could think of and tried those winetricks but it's still happening.
I had that happen to me twice yesterday: I was in fullscreen and it minimized the window.

Not sure what caused that. Does the game run with Steam in offline mode? If it does, you can try it out and see if that fixes it.

Another thing you can try is using Mac's native driver instead of X11: right click the application, show content, launch Wineskin, go to Set Screen Options and on the right, check Use Mac Driver.
Weird part is that I haven't seen the issue in Crossover*, only major (obvious) difference I can think of is that I use a virtual desktop on there, but couldn't get the option working at all in Wineskin for whatever reason. Maybe Steam in the system tray (its own window) is screwing with it, I'll play around with it some other time.

*I've seen an error window related to Steam's web view not working, but once dismissed with Steam client closed it doesn't show up and interrupt the game.
Tigershark wrote:OK bought this. Slow down way different to the PS2 version I have. So far 1.5 version is the more enjoyable game for me.
It's been mentioned that the PS2 slowdown was off compared to the PCB btw.
Tigershark wrote:Having checked the file it was already on "0". I changed it to "1" and it is much better.
Did you want it on or off? Cause 1 is supposed to be on.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Mr Halibut wrote:Image

"There's a Mushihimesama kill screen coming up, if anyone's interested".
Haha oh man.. id forgotten about this guy.
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
viniciusvbf

Post by viniciusvbf »

According to SteamSpy, the game sold 7,535 ± 2,195 copies until now. I don't know if these stats are reliable, but the number seems pretty low. Anyone know how much copies Cave/Degica expect to sell?
Cee
Banned User

Post by Cee »

viniciusvbf wrote:According to SteamSpy, the game sold 7,535 ± 2,195 copies until now. I don't know if these stats are reliable, but the number seems pretty low. Anyone know how much copies Cave/Degica expect to sell?
For a niche game in a niche genre i'd imagine this was considered to have done pretty well tbh.
iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

If Cave's hypothetical crowdfunding numbers are anything to go by, they want $300,000-$500,000 for a Steam port. 7500 copies sold at $20 = $150,000. 150k minus Valve's 30% cut = $105,000. Sounds like a bomba to me.
bytestorm

Post by bytestorm »

iconoclast wrote:If Cave's hypothetical crowdfunding numbers are anything to go by, they want $300,000-$500,000 for a Steam port. 7500 copies sold at $20 = $150,000. 150k minus Valve's 30% cut = $105,000. Sounds like a bomba to me.
I also think that most of those sold copies were sold during the discount.. so they didnt get 20$ for them :/..
Looking to buy, working or faulty: Dodonpachi, Deathsmiles, Ibara, Rainbow Islands, Bubble Bobble.