I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Perikles

Re: I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

Post by Perikles »

Perikles wrote: I'll probably work on Valtric in a sporadic manner so as to not despair.
This deserves a double post for I just cleared Valtric - turns out the game is not nearly as hard once you figure out the secret technique against the final boss. Image Really glad I cleared it, there's not a single full run on YT unless I'm mistaken, time to change that! And that second loop. :shock:
SCOOP

Post by SCOOP »

Congratulations Perikles !

400 1cc's is a sick achievement. It is good to have trusted 1cc/knowledge base which definitely is your YT channel. As a person who 1cc'ed over 90 games in real arcade environment , I think I can imagine what you came through to do it. Let's not forget it is not only about the numbers - you didn't avoid hard games clears. Thank you for your effort and for your YT videos descriptions - always interesting to read and mentioning regional/set differences info is very helpful at least for me. Keep'em coming - we want more !
egg_sanwich

Post by egg_sanwich »

Wow, 400 1ccs is something else. Congrats Perikles.

Got the clear on Dodonpachi last week using Type C/laser. Getting to the second loop sounds like a whole other challenge though, might take a break before going for that. Not quite 400, I think this was my 11th clear :)

Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Four Hundred 1cc's..

Congrats Perikles, few to none of us will ever reach that =O
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
PurpleTheGuy

Post by PurpleTheGuy »

Hey everyone, what's up?

Not long ago (Back at noon-time), I finally got my 1st Hell Mode ALL! Clear of Blue Wish Resurrection! I used the Blue Wish ship for this one! :D

I wanted to get this one ever since I got both the Eden's Edge Doom Mode ALL! Clear and the Eden's Aegis Hell Mode ALL! Clear (Wait off), so I went right for BWR Hell Mode after I got those 2 down! It was a bit on the tough side, actually (I opted to use Blue Wish instead of Blue Peace), and it took a little bit longer than expected to get it (I went out of town for all of last week, so that contributed quite a bit to that), but I got through it, and by the end of March, to boot! :)
I'm Purple (or VioletHatPurple), the man who'll become King of the Doujin Players! Yes, I am a Touhou/Doujin Game Player!

YouTube Channel | Twitter Account | Scores/1cc List on Restart Syndrome
Jaimers

Post by Jaimers »

Battle Traverse Extreme 1cc.
Figured I should clear this since no-one else has done it so far.
Extreme is kinda weird. It looks very overwhelming with the crazy amount of bullets and the walls of suicide bullets that appear if you lock shot too much. But there is a ton of slowdown and cancelling so it's not -that- bad. It's definitely easier than a Hard 2-ALL, especially with the TLB being much easier. There is so much slowdown going on in this mode that it actually turns a 30 minute loop into a 45 minute loop, it's pretty crazy. The bosses are probably the hardest part of Extreme, since there is no cancelling there. Video

Oh yeah I also did a DFK Ura 2-ALL and a DFK BL Strong 1cc I guess.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

As I said on your video - thanks for that. Interesting that you mentioned the Hard 2-ALL - I've never seen a video of the loop. Do you intend to do that one too some day?
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

CStarFlare wrote:As I said on your video - thanks for that. Interesting that you mentioned the Hard 2-ALL - I've never seen a video of the loop. Do you intend to do that one too some day?
Zaarock has a run up to 2-4 here. I believe this is the TLB.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

Shepardus wrote:
CStarFlare wrote:As I said on your video - thanks for that. Interesting that you mentioned the Hard 2-ALL - I've never seen a video of the loop. Do you intend to do that one too some day?
Zaarock has a run up to 2-4 here. I believe this is the TLB.
someone actually did clear it
Jaimers

Post by Jaimers »

R-Type 2-ALL.

The only other R-Type I've ever played is R-Type II for one of the tournaments.
Tried the first game after seeing Icarus stream it and saying that R-Type II is apparently by far the hardest in the series.

Well it was indeed much easier. Beat it in 2 days.
Video
Ex_Mosquito

Post by Ex_Mosquito »

PC Engine - Dragon Saber - completed 1-Life.

With joystick cam. http://youtu.be/7rxCzG19S1I
My Arcade 1-Credit Replays
http://www.youtube.com/user/exmosquito
harrytasker

Post by harrytasker »

just got into shmups a few months ago, finally got my first 1cc today

http://i.imgur.com/BGiaWrI.jpg
ratikal

Post by ratikal »

harrytasker wrote:just got into shmups a few months ago, finally got my first 1cc today

Good job man! You'll never forget your first 1cc.
harrytasker

Post by harrytasker »

ratikal wrote:
harrytasker wrote:just got into shmups a few months ago, finally got my first 1cc today

Good job man! You'll never forget your first 1cc.
Thanks! I've had the game since Decemeber but I've only actually played for about ~15 hours (most of it in boost).
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

harrytasker wrote:1st clear
Nice work and congrats. What are you going to play next?
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
harrytasker

Post by harrytasker »

Stevens wrote:
harrytasker wrote:1st clear
Nice work and congrats. What are you going to play next?
In my steam library I currently have Mushihimesama, Blue Revolver, Caladrius Blaze, Deathsmiles, and DARIUSBURST Chronicle Saviors. Probably gonna do Mushi or Deathsmiles next hopefully!
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Finally obtained a single credit clear in Pulstar last night. I lost a couple of lives at the final checkpoint in stage 7 (I totally thought my run was over) and another life or two at the final boss... I think I had 2 lives remaining in stock once he died. I'm going to keep working on the No Miss as I really don't feel like trying to practice that double suicide nonsense on the stage 8 boss' final form.
Gamer707b

Post by Gamer707b »

I finally cleared Gaiares on original hardware. I played it on and off for a couple years but started getting more serious the last few months. I did use a cheat code for level select for practicing purposes. I guess like an old school version of modern day save states. But I did a full run to clear it. I feel so proud!! There was a time when I didn't even think I can get past level 2, let alone beat it. Anyway , I wanna hear your guys opinion on the difficulty as far as 16 bit shooters go. Ive played a few 16 bit shooters and this to me is without a doubt the hardest one.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

1CC'd Virtua Cop for the first time! Don't know if I'll ever 1CC the sequel, though.
pegboy

Post by pegboy »

Gamer707b wrote:I finally cleared Gaiares on original hardware. I played it on and off for a couple years but started getting more serious the last few months. I did use a cheat code for level select for practicing purposes. I guess like an old school version of modern day save states. But I did a full run to clear it. I feel so proud!! There was a time when I didn't even think I can get past level 2, let alone beat it. Anyway , I wanna hear your guys opinion on the difficulty as far as 16 bit shooters go. Ive played a few 16 bit shooters and this to me is without a doubt the hardest one.
Perikles has the most experience on the forum (and perhaps the world lol) when it comes to 16 bit shooters, and has cleared literally hundreds of shmups. He created a list of relative difficulties in this thread: http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=59651

I believe Gaiaries is rated somewhere in the middle of the pack in terms of difficulty.
Jaimers

Post by Jaimers »

Raiden II 1-ALL.
The STGweekly episode reminded me that I always wanted to play this so I did.
The game itself isn't that bad, but you can't make a single mistake or else it's pretty much instant game over.
I did get super lucky with the full power drop, that's super rare.
Video
egg_sanwich

Post by egg_sanwich »

Wow, Raiden 2 is savage. Nice work, Jaimers.

Got my first Toaplan 1cc this week with Sky Shark. Such a simple game as far as mechanics go, but a lot of fun. Still have the music stuck in my head.

Thought I would stick with Toaplan and move on to Truxton next. Holy, the difficulty sure ramped up with that one. Still struggling to get past the 3rd stage... any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Vludi

Post by Vludi »

egg_sanwich wrote:Thought I would stick with Toaplan and move on to Truxton next. Holy, the difficulty sure ramped up with that one. Still struggling to get past the 3rd stage... any tips would be greatly appreciated!
-From stage 3 onwards stick with the blue laser, it's a fast popcorn killer and covers most of the screen
-Use bombs a lot, the game is based around them, planned bombs for sub-bosses/bosses are especially good/deadly, remember to approach them because the bomb range is limited.
-Memorize the enemies coming from behind, they really aren't that many, I recommend you to stay on the bottom-center most of the time.
-The checkpoints aren't as bad as they seem, recovering in the final stage is completely doable so practice those a bit
egg_sanwich

Post by egg_sanwich »

This helps a lot, thanks for the tips.

Questions about Speed pickups. I know for top score you want to max out your speed for the bonus pickups. But I'm playing for survival and it gets too hectic after about 2 speed ups. Is it beneficial to avoid speed ups and keep it manageable?
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

I would love a Truxton 1CC but god damn that game is tough. It's probably next on my list after Futari Original and Maniac.
Perikles

Post by Perikles »

egg_sanwich wrote:Is it beneficial to avoid speed ups and keep it manageable?
You can go either way. The thing about playing for score is that you also earn quite a few more extends than you otherwise would, also helping survival along. The first time I've played this game (on the MD, which comes fairly close in terms of structure and challenge), I also only picked up two speed-ups, later on I maxed out the speed in all three versions. It definitely takes some time getting used to, but once you memorize where regular enemies come from and accept that you really want to bomb some of the more dangerous (mid-)bosses into oblivion instead of actually dealing with them, the high speed generally has more advantages than disadvantages.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

How do you play Truxton/Tatsujin "for score", and how do the speed-ups help with that?
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Collecting extra speed ups after reaching maximum gives bonus points.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Oh christ. Count me out :P I'd probably lose way more lives to flying all over the wazoo than the number of extends I could ever collect. How big a part of a good score run would typically be from excess speed-ups?
Perikles

Post by Perikles »

Sumez wrote:How big a part of a good score run would typically be from excess speed-ups?
Any surplus speed-up is worth 5,000 points which adds up quite nicely. I don't have precise numbers, but looking at my MD scores I got with and without maximizing the speed, I had a difference of roughly 700,000 points over the course of almost two loops, so let's just say 300,000 to 350,000 points per loop (the values are extremely similar in the arcade game). If you manage to beat the game without dying it's obviously quite a bit more, if you barely beat the loop it's consequently less.

While it is more or less optional in the original Tatsujin, you definitely have to play like this in Tatsujin Ou, you need every single life you can get to clear the loop. It doesn't help that enemies are worth so little in that game, too.