I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Stevens

Re: I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

Post by Stevens »

Yeah Jonst! I'm getting familiar with that feeling myself. Soon though!
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
Jonst

Post by Jonst »

Thanks Stevens! Even though it's not the hardest game out there, it still feels good. I needed this! One day I'll be man enough for under defeat :wink:

Keep up that progear work!
"Just fire and forget" 1cc List
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Within the last week I've kind of got sucked into that next level of scoring in Progear. Really digging it.

As far as UD - 90% of that clear is having a good route and sticking with it since the game basically throws the same thing at you every time. What type of medium tank appears, where the blue planes appear in stage 4, and the final bosses attacks are RNG.

You can do it!
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
Jonst

Post by Jonst »

Awesome! It is great game, super fun scoring.

Yeah, it's been a while since I've played UD. The best run I got was up to the flying tanks on stage 5. One day man! ... I'm thinking maybe thunder force 5 next... It's great to get a 1cc in the first month of the year. Hopefully, I'll make a come back to this thread.

Btw, I don't know if you've seen it, but is the UD soldier of fortune superplay a solid route through the game?
wgogh

Post by wgogh »

Jonst wrote:At last, I'm back! :wink: Fuckin' finally... (it's been over 2 years since i cleared anything) so i'm pretty pleased! :D ... But I'll never play it again.
What game is that!?
Kollision

Post by Kollision »

wgogh wrote:
Jonst wrote:At last, I'm back! :wink: Fuckin' finally... (it's been over 2 years since i cleared anything) so i'm pretty pleased! :D ... But I'll never play it again.
What game is that!?
Hyper Duel :P
KaizaCorp

Post by KaizaCorp »

Revisiting Crimzon Clover after clearing Mushihimesama Original has gone quite well so far! 1CC'd Novice Boost (TYPE-I) and Novice Original (TYPE-Z)! :D
ardiel

Post by ardiel »

Got Daifukkatsu 1.5 1cc. First time actually 1cc'ing a CAVE game.

It didn't let me enter the score because I hit restart on the first level trying to enter the loop and I forgot it does that. :(
Emma

Post by Emma »

Battle Garegga 1cc :D
(Saturn Version)
Jonst

Post by Jonst »

^ congrats Emma, nice one! 8)
maximo310

Post by maximo310 »

Yeah congrats on the Garegga clear Emma! I've been watching your progress for a while, and its great to see you finally get the 1cc on this!
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

After spending an entire month trying to beat Border Down, I finally fulfilled that goal yesterday. Took me forever to get through it.
egg_sanwich

Post by egg_sanwich »

I've had a pretty productive 2017 so far. Got my first Cave 1cc recently with Progear. I've heard some people mention it's not their favorite Cave shmup, but I thought it was fantastic. Great graphics, catchy soundtrack, and some really fun mechanics.

I had picked up an f3 mobo with Gekirindan from an Op warehouse visit towards the end of the year last year, but the mobo was having problems. Was able to fix it recently by reflowing some old repairs on it, and it seems to be working fine now. Gekirindan was fun - just simple shooting with no crazy mechanics or scoring systems.

I'm not sure what to take on next, but I'll need to keep this momentum going haha
Jonst

Post by Jonst »

Congrats egg, nice clears! Progear is a great first cave clear. You're right, it's also a great game in every way!
egg_sanwich

Post by egg_sanwich »

Jonst wrote:Congrats egg, nice clears! Progear is a great first cave clear. You're right, it's also a great game in every way!
Thx. Not sure why, but I've always managed better at horis than vertical shooters. Hoping to take down at least a couple more Cave titles this year either way.
wgogh

Post by wgogh »

egg_sanwich wrote:
Jonst wrote:Congrats egg, nice clears! Progear is a great first cave clear. You're right, it's also a great game in every way!
Thx. Not sure why, but I've always managed better at horis than vertical shooters. Hoping to take down at least a couple more Cave titles this year either way.
For me its the inverse. But I noticed that these two types of shumps plays really diferent. Horizontals usually have obstacles and lots of enemies comming from behind, things that can also appear on verticals, although its less common.
I'll give a try on the horizontals with Lords of Thunder.
Uncle Taco

Post by Uncle Taco »

Sitting at the top of the leaderboards for Caladrius Blaze evolution mode, easy difficulty, on Steam! This run wasn't even optimal, either: I died to those stupid blue sniper bits on Stage 6 and lost my multiplier right before the last boss.

Now to get better at scoring on Normal...
Moonwalker

Post by Moonwalker »

Did it! DFK 1.5 pcb 1cc.
Strong style: 2757464684

My second Cave 1cc :)
Stompp

Post by Stompp »

Congrats, guys :mrgreen: Still grinding Mushihimesama Futari and Espgaluda for my second 1CC.
OmKol

Post by OmKol »

I will play Crimzon Clover World Ignition for score sometime but for now... just 1cced the game with Type-III. TLB with one miss. Amazing game.
InFireX

Post by InFireX »

I 1cc'd Danmaku Unlimited 2 Burst mode on Extreme with 11.6 tril. Finally 8)
Video
SCOOP

Post by SCOOP »

Not a triumph because savestates were used. Not a shmup but run and gun game. Bullet dodging - definitely YES. Video shows one of the most unfair, hated, poorly designed and stupidly hard boss in arcade run and gun games history. If there is anyone who wants to take a look - here is a link showing train boss (6th) in Mystic Warriors (Konami 1993). I always wondered how bad this boss becomes at full rank. I used savestates to take no damage through the whole game and made a final savestate just before a boss. Game set to level 8 hardest and game version is crazy hard UAA version where bosses have very high HP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLcpHs61YFw
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

Looped Progear for the first time! Only the second game I've looped, after DDP. Sort of got destroyed as you might expect, but I haven't practiced the loop much yet.
Vludi

Post by Vludi »

nomissed P-47 Aces :), also first clear for some weird reason. And yeah, the difficulty is exaggerated in the jap wiki, the game is pretty much as difficult as Thunder Dragon 2
trap15

Post by trap15 »

It's one of those games where when you die your run is basically over, since you lose all the powerups.

Good job! Very hard game, great clear, well done.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
PurpleTheGuy

Post by PurpleTheGuy »

Hey again, everyone!

Yeah, as of a few hours ago, I actually got my 1st ever ALL! Clear of Eden's Aegis (Wait off, Guard on) with Eve! :) I've spent most of the past 30 days or so more-or-less working on this one, and now, I finally got it (And with even 1 spare life, to boot)! :D

Whew, this was much harder than Eden's Edge ever was, but I managed! :)
I'm Purple (or VioletHatPurple), the man who'll become King of the Doujin Players! Yes, I am a Touhou/Doujin Game Player!

YouTube Channel | Twitter Account | Scores/1cc List on Restart Syndrome
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Image Image
Image Image

Got my fourth 1-ALL of Parodius Da! last night! That makes for one clear with each character! Click on each image to view the video for that run. More people should play this game and the other Parodius shooters.

I didn't use any savestate practice in getting these clears, though I'm definitely going to do that if I decide to pursue the second loop and/or better scoring. Not sure if I want to do that just yet, though - in addition to things outside shmups, there's a couple shmups I haven't played in a while that I'd like to return to for a while, such as Gokujou Parodius (still haven't gotten that clear) and Progear (rewatching hoge_master's 300m+ replay and Keres' recent streams of the game have me motivated to improve my score and try to get to the second loop).
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Jeneki

Post by Jeneki »

Got the clear for In The Hunt. First Irem arcade 1cc. (I really should go back to R-Type 1 sometime)
Typos caused by cat on keyboard.
Aggro Sky

Post by Aggro Sky »

I 1cc'd HyperZone on the SNES. In fact... I'm going to post the video now :D
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Shepardus wrote:More people should play this game and the other Parodius shooters.
Absolutely. Why do people not realise that Gokujou Parodius is the best Gradius game created? ;) I'd probably even like Parodius Da! even more than its sequel if it had a similar medalling system, to keep me on edge when it comes to scoring.