I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
trap15

Re: I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

Post by trap15 »

It's a difficulty/game mode, and probably referring to the instance in regular arcade mode in this case.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Aquas

Post by Aquas »

yudha990 wrote:1cc xevious 3d/g (AT LAST!)

Granted an easier game than most "hardcore" shumps but still proud :D
Dude this is an insane game, well done. I had been playing it for a good amount of time on the PSN version but the input lag of an HD monitor was killing me because the bullets are so fast and you really need to make twitch decisions in this game. I recently tried it in MAME on my CRT and it works wonders so I'll probably try to clear it myself. Great job though. It's an amazing game, regardless of difficulty.
STG Weekly!, 1cc's, twitch, XBL: DJ Aquazition
The in-game papers prove that being the paperboy is actually a position of the greatest importance,
ranking alongside top elected officials for notoriety. -Ed Oscuro
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

1-ALL'd Sand Scorpion!

Something compelled me to play this again even though TRP-STGT's over and I have no good reason for touching this game. I no-missed through the first five stages, then died near the beginning of stage 6, and bomb-spammed my way through the rest of the game because recovery's pretty much impossible at that point in the game. I just barely managed to clear the first loop with 0 bombs and 0 extra lives remaining (I seem to do this with a lot of games...). It's a shame that my input file desyncs in stage 2 (a common issue, judging by what I've read), since I would have liked to show you guys that clutch victory.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Wasn't really trying for it but I just cleared Danmaku 2.
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
ProjectAKo

Post by ProjectAKo »

Shepardus wrote:Image
1-ALL'd Sand Scorpion!

Something compelled me to play this again even though TRP-STGT's over and I have no good reason for touching this game. I no-missed through the first five stages, then died near the beginning of stage 6, and bomb-spammed my way through the rest of the game because recovery's pretty much impossible at that point in the game. I just barely managed to clear the first loop with 0 bombs and 0 extra lives remaining (I seem to do this with a lot of games...). It's a shame that my input file desyncs in stage 2 (a common issue, judging by what I've read), since I would have liked to show you guys that clutch victory.
from that screenshot, i can hear the final boss music
harduser

Post by harduser »

Finally I 1cc the 2nd loop of Whitel Label,although the hibachi relys many luckness on it.
5-0 reached 2-5(It means the 2-4 is siginificantly harder),so When I meet the RNGs of third wave of 2-5 boss I can have more chance to deal with it,that's important.
I sacrificed nearly half of my score to 1cc it,but I think it's worthless compared to the scoreplay,the scoreplay seemed more funny.

Inputfile&nvram(shmupmame2.2):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/llwzf ... ll-001.inp
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9yzvc ... 1m/ddp3.nv
iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

Congrats, harduser! The 2-5 boss' third attack can end runs if you have bad luck. It's terrible.
DraconicImpulse

Post by DraconicImpulse »

Damn dude, congratulations!
Sir Ilpalazzo

Post by Sir Ilpalazzo »

Cleared Dodonpachi and Deathsmiles over the last few days (my third and fourth Cave / STG clears, after Espgaluda and Mushihimesama Original).

Dodonpachi was a real step up from the shmups I'd been beating. It's not crazy in the grand scheme of things, but man, I ended up using every bomb I had, lol. The last levels are some intense stuff. I stuck with C-L for quite a while, but in the end I think switching to C-S helped me get the clear. Not even thinking about going for the second loop now - but maybe I'll be able to go for it someday.

Deathsmiles went down fairly quickly in comparison. I actually no-missed the entire game until Jitterbug (granted, I did play two levels on level 1, so not a huge accomplishment), but then he and Tyrannosatan kind of shit on me. It was sort of embarrassing; I just beat Tyrannosatan by bombing constantly the whole fight since I don't understand any of his attacks (and have only ever fought him once before). I probably will mess with the game more though - even if it's not a hard 1CC, there's obviously a ton of fun to be had with it. I think I should try doing all or most of the game on level 3.
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

Glad to see you finally get DDP :D
Harpuia

Post by Harpuia »

Congrats, I knew you'd get the clear! I consider Dodonpachi's first loop to be my first "true" 1cc, aside from things like easy doujins and console shmups. It's certainly a rewarding one once you get it.

Any idea which one you'll be taking on next? If you're looking for another step up in difficulty and don't mind some more CAVE, I'll go ahead and recommend Guwange~
DraconicImpulse

Post by DraconicImpulse »

Gratz Sir Il! Knew you'd be getting that one soon.
harduser

Post by harduser »

Recently I have lots of things to handle,maybe these years I doesn't have enough time my arrival is still 1b,but at spare time I'd like to try raiden dx/ketsui for fun.
harduser

Post by harduser »

harduser wrote:Recently I have lots of things to handle,maybe these years I doesn't have enough time,my arrival is still 1b for A-S,but at spare time I'd like to try raiden dx/ketsui for fun.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

X-Multiply 1-ALL!
And game-over at the very beginning of 2-1 because I was too shocked to focus on dodging anything :lol::
This game caused me so much frustration but I finally did it. I even did it with no autofire, though in the process the game convinced me not to do that with any more games in the future if it's any trouble at all. Just looking at this game now makes my hand cry out in terror.

This is the first pre-90's game, Irem game, and game with checkpoints I've cleared. Turns out horis aren't impossible!
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Perikles

Post by Perikles »

À la bonne heure, Shepardus! I knew you'd do it. :) Any chance you delve into similar games soon? Or tackle the second loop, mayhap?

Also congratulations to all the other fellas on the last pages, particularly trap15, superb to see your perseverance paid off - it actually gave me the final push to dabble with the game myself! And I think you're hiding your light under a bushel, The Armchair General, a Donpachi 2-ALL is a tremendous achievement no matter what version you played.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Many thanks to you, Perikles - your support was crucial to my success!
Perikles wrote:Any chance you delve into similar games soon? Or tackle the second loop, mayhap?
Yeah, I doubt this is the last such game I'll play. In particular, Mystic Riders and the Parodius series catch my eye. R-Type and Image Fight are also interesting. I've had more than enough of X-Multiply for now, but maybe I'd be willing to return to it after a good break. It's a good game, but I was getting really burnt out on it towards the end!
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
kuze

Post by kuze »

Cleared Mushihimesama Futari Black Label Original yesterday, my first Cave 1CC! :mrgreen:
doom_

Post by doom_ »

Mushi Original in Novice Mode, yay!

The game really grew on me - it's very fun to play for survival at least. .....not sure if I am ready to try the 1CC in Normal-Mode though. :o

EDIT: 1CC'd Mushi Maniac in Novice Mode. Maniac Mode rocks. 8)
Vludi

Post by Vludi »

@Shepardus: congrats, memorization and a good strategy is your best bet in most horis, really.
Congrats kuze and doom

Just got a Dodonpachi 1-all after a couple nights of practice, the last stages sure are tough, but the amount of bombs is pretty generous.

I want to clear DOJ BL now, but my main problem is that my scoring suck and i never get the second extend in the last stage lol.
The Armchair General

Post by The Armchair General »

Vludi wrote: I want to clear DOJ BL now, but my main problem is that my scoring suck and i never get the second extend in the last stage lol.
I find the easiest way to do this is just to keep a maximum bonus to the start of stage 4 (keeping the bonus to the end of stage 3 might also work). Either that or you can chain the start of stage 1. Both of these shouldn't be too difficult if you've 1CCed Dodonpachi.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

The Armchair General wrote: Either that or you can chain the start of stage 1. Both of these shouldn't be too difficult if you've 1CCed Dodonpachi.
Yeah this is what I went for actually, chaining the beginning makes sense as if you want to restart you don't lose any progress, and it keeps the beginning of the game interesting through repeated clear attempts.
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
Jonst

Post by Jonst »

^ same! I chained the beginning, when I was going for this.
"Just fire and forget" 1cc List
AxelMill

Post by AxelMill »

Cleared Eschatos (Original, Normal) after a dozen runs or two. Last time I lost at the beginning of the final boss, but this time I had five lives left (instead of one), so I had almost nothing to fear. Besides the creepy as f**k sreaming human face during the last phase.
All in all, it's the best thing ever and you should be ashamed of yourself for thinking otherwise.
jk

Fun fact: it's my first legit 1CC of a game that's not 1) stupid easy, 2) on easy mode, 3) DariusBurst.
doom_

Post by doom_ »

Fun fact: it's my first legit 1CC
n1 axel 8)
Harpuia

Post by Harpuia »

Although it's not a particularly impressive one, I did get my first 2-ALL clear on the easy and excellent PC-Engine port of Gradius. I did better than I expected on the third loop and survived until 3-6, where I lost the remaining lives I had to the tentacle germs. I've 1-ALL'd the arcade version before but the second loop in that one ends up destroying me pretty quickly.

Vludi

Post by Vludi »

Congrats for that 2-all Harpuia, the difficulty is similar to the NES version i guess?

Just got a 1-all of DOJ BL, thanks for the tips guys, although i got the clear without reaching the second extend anyway lol (48m, so close). Switching from B ship to A ship helped a lot too, the speed is awesome.
Harpuia

Post by Harpuia »

Congrats on the DOJ BL 1-ALL! B-S was my ship of choice when I got that clear; I generally prefer slower ships with a wider shot in most bullet hell games.

I haven't really played the nes version, but the PC-Engine port is a good deal easier than the arcade. There's just less bullets and they move slower, and the slowdown helps as well. In the second loop I think it becomes slightly harder than the arcade's first loop, mostly due to the suicide bullets. The third loop is where it starts to get pretty challenging. I prefer this port over the original though for the more relaxed difficulty, awesome new stage, and I think I enjoy the music a bit more too.
harduser

Post by harduser »

Vludi wrote:Congrats for that 2-all Harpuia, the difficulty is similar to the NES version i guess?

Just got a 1-all of DOJ BL, thanks for the tips guys, although i got the clear without reaching the second extend anyway lol (48m, so close). Switching from B ship to A ship helped a lot too, the speed is awesome.
Congrats for you two guys!by the way,I think if using 5-hyper to deal with stage1-3 boss at BL,the score you get will even more than use 5-hyper to chain the second half of 1-2(at least can get second extend at the begining of 1-4.(the other benefitical of 5hyper since the second wave of the 1-3boss is that you will find there weren't any dodging with 1-3boss)
The Armchair General

Post by The Armchair General »

^^^^^
Lots of win in this thread!

I have two achievements to post here:

After hearing about Vludi playing DOJ BL i decided to spend some time playing it again and I managed to get my first 2-miss DOJ BL 1CC, finally of getting the 2-miss loop requirement. The deaths were on stage 3 and the start of the stage 5 boss fight. Unfortunately, my second loop wasn't that good and I died in 2-3 with a bad score of 95 mil.

Also in a practice run I no missed the second loop of Donpachi about 2 and a half weeks ago. The run stared at 2-1 with a death at the end of the first loop to lower rank.
Spoiler

Now why can't I ever be even close to this good in an actual run? ;_;