DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
soprano1

Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (Windows/PS4/Vita)

Post by soprano1 »

Really excited for this one. :D
ChurchOfSolipsism wrote:I'll make sure I'll download it illegally one day...
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

OdiousTrident wrote:Have we seen footage of Gigantic Bite or Azure Nightmare yet?
They showed Azure Nightmare in action during the Zuntata stream and it looked pretty cool. I haven't seen any archives of the stream though.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Blackbird

Post by Blackbird »

Hey everyone. With DBCS on PC approaching fast (and Mushihimesama approaching a stable state), we're going to start ramping up attention to this.

In order to avoid launch problems like we had for Mushihimesama, we would like to do a larger closed beta this time to track down any errors or feature requests before launch.

If you are willing to test the game, especially on co-op, dual monitor mode, and with various controller setups, please PM me with your email address.
Klatrymadon

Post by Klatrymadon »

A nice music teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksDP08HJcG0

I had assumed most of the soundtrack would be carried over from DBAC, so it's heartening to hear so much original material!
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Klatrymadon wrote:A nice music teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksDP08HJcG0

I had assumed most of the soundtrack would be carried over from DBAC, so it's heartening to hear so much original material!
Absolutely wonderful stuff, most of it sounds amazing. DB is really turning into quite the musical anthology.

It's just a shame about that headlining track, Freedom - it's such a godawful piece of shit. Please don't put it in the game. :(
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

Steelix100

Post by Steelix100 »

Durandal wrote:Image
Origin has bombs now?
I'm pretty sure none of the original Darius games had bombs, unless they are referring to missiles or the yellow orbs.
Makes me wonder, as there would be barely any difference between Origin and Gaiden in that case.
Definitely the missiles, as iirc they are referred to as bombs in the series.
I'm like 99% sure (not 100% since I've never actually played dbac) dbac uses the burst button for origin's bombs, making its unique ability
the ability to neglect shooting bombs lol
Casual shmup player
Observer

Post by Observer »

Spoiler
Well, I have bad news for you... :P

At least in the context of the game it works better but holy crap that voice is cringe worthy.
NOW REACHES THE FATAL ATTRACTION BE DESCRIBED AS "HELLSINKER". DECIDE DESTINATION.
iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

The game's out in less than a week. Still no word on price?
ArmoredCore

Post by ArmoredCore »

According to the yen conversion. I think the us psn store price would probably be around $49.99.

edit: That "Departure" track on the sample sounds orgasmic with headphones lol.
Aleksei

Post by Aleksei »

This release will probably be all I ever play from now on and I predict that it will be in many people's number one spot for best/favorite game.

to 1cc Great Thing on Exceed will probably take all the time I've ever played any shmups, nevermind all the hours that will be put into other levels.

Could this be the first ShmupRPG? shmRPG. :mrgreen:
Image Image
[Cabinet 007]
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Durandal wrote:Image
Origin has bombs now?
I'm pretty sure none of the original Darius games had bombs, unless they are referring to missiles or the yellow orbs.
Makes me wonder, as there would be barely any difference between Origin and Gaiden in that case.
"missile" = basic Darius main weapon, "bomb" = basic Darius sub-weapon. In the first two Darius games, you had separate buttons for them, like in Gradius. The Origin controls there really should replace "Shot" with "Missile", but oh well.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Batchee

Post by Batchee »

FIRST GAMEPLAY OF DARIUSBURST EVEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4jD6AILz3U
Blackbird

Post by Blackbird »

I was blown away when I started testing it, looks gorgeous in person. The people who got to play DBAC in the arcades before now are super lucky!
Aisha

Post by Aisha »

Any word on what the minimum and recommended specs will be?
Blackbird

Post by Blackbird »

Win XP will crash, so it's Win 7 and up. I was able to run 60fps 1080p on Intel 3000 integrated graphics, amazingly. Closed beta testers might want to weigh in with performance impressions, but it seemed well optimized to me.
Aisha

Post by Aisha »

I'm still on 64-bit Vista. :? Any idea if it will work on that? Good to hear that it runs well on lower end hardware though.
AxelMill

Post by AxelMill »

This game will become my favorite shmup of all time, I'm sure of it.
I really enjoyed vanilla DB (on par with G as the best hori), and we all know how incomplete that one felt.

Oh, by the way, hello, folks :P
Vally

Post by Vally »

Welp, I recorded a full run as well (kinda going for score and messing it up) but wasn't sure if we were allowed to publish video content on this beta or not. :)

I've given some feedback on a few bits and pieces I've picked up on already, but my god it's exceptional. I actually haven't slept at all and have work in 15 minutes simply because I was up for the entire night playing it. Spent most of my time on the AC mode running ADH course trying to beat my Next type score, noticed a few interesting bugs and reported what I could.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

AC mode runs like a dream on my graphically challenged laptop. DBCS runs mostly fine, a bit of slowdown on large clusters of enemies, but this is expected of my machine. Chances are if you have a machine anywhere near decent, it'll run great for you. At the very least, AC should run perfectly, since it's already optimized for something as old as a 7900GS on a Pentium 4.

I imagine Vista will be fine, since most of the bigger changes between XP and 7 happened in Vista, but I can't say for sure. Besides, why are you still on Vista anyways? :?
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Steelix100

Post by Steelix100 »

In the above video, I noticed that Legend's wave shot was piercing Lightning Flamberge, but not the normal enemies in the stage.
What's up with that? I know Legend's wave shot normally doesn't pierce enemies at all.
Casual shmup player
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

Has somebody tried a multi-monitor setup yet ? I'd be interested to hear if v-sync is handled correctly. On two monitor setups the two displays usually don't run in 100% sync. MAME creates different v-sync rates for all attached monitors to ensure tearing free playback on all screens. When a game just maximizes the output (basically just seeing one large display) it can usually just v-sync to one screen and in result the secondary displays shows some tearing.
Klatrymadon

Post by Klatrymadon »

Loved that video - the opening stage is beautiful. I like that a newer boss is up front here, instead of Iron Fossil. Great to see 'Fast Lane' put to good use in the second stage, too. :)
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

You guys weren't kidding about those vocals.... dear god they're horrid.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
ArmoredCore

Post by ArmoredCore »

Snap. this game is amazin. So many modes and things to select. That grid map looks like where the so claimed massive 2000+ or so stages are.
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

Yeah, my old XP desktop won't run it, but my lap top does without a hitch. It's a mid-range laptop at best, but here are the specs for anyone wanting a measuring stick to go by...

AMD A8-5550M APU at 2.1 GHz (it’s a quad core with a Radeon 8550G GPU in it)
Windows 8.1 64-bit, with 4GB of ram
1600x900 max reso.

The game has no slowdown (except for dramatic effect on bosses), no input lag, and no v-sync issues.
Rupert H

DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (Windows/PS4/Vita)

Post by Rupert H »

Aleksei wrote:
to 1cc Great Thing on Exceed will probably take all the time I've ever played any shmups, nevermind all the hours that will be put into other levels.
It's worse than that. There's the gold trophy which is a "no damage" clear of that route. I don't see that ever happening for me.

Not looking forward to seeing how long it takes to timeout GTB either.
Last edited by Rupert H on Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Klatrymadon wrote:A nice music teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksDP08HJcG0

The tracks starting from Departure are from DBAC EX and came with a limited disc on the Zuntata 25th anniversary collection iirc. New songs do sound really nice. Really looking forward to this port, 2015 certainly has been the year of shmups on PC.
Observer

Post by Observer »

Well, if "No damage" means you can still take shots with the shield then it should be fine, you have some leeway. (It would be roughly a 1LC) NOW, if it means nothing can touch you in the entire run? Oh boy.

lol, Freedom truly messes with people ears. The bloody song is starting to grow on me as I play.

Music in this game (other than the mentioned song) is out of this world, really good!

OST is coming on January 14th so I will be scavenging Akihabara for a copy...
NOW REACHES THE FATAL ATTRACTION BE DESCRIBED AS "HELLSINKER". DECIDE DESTINATION.
SuperPang

Post by SuperPang »

Is this coming to the UK PS4 store or do I need some dollars?
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Batchee wrote:FIRST GAMEPLAY OF DARIUSBURST EVEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4jD6AILz3U
1:53
:shock:

I like the new audio and visual cues for the enemy Bursts, I always had trouble properly anticipating them. And we finally have an indicator for how much ARM you have.
The ability to turn your ship on command should have been done ages ago considering the large horizontal resolution of Darius games (G-Darius automatically did this when a boss moved to the other side of the screen, though). I do wish there's an actual animation for turning your ship instead of making it happen instantaneously, it just looks off.
New backgrounds look pretty amazing, boss explosions are more satisfying, and bosses feel bigger (probably because of the higher resolution).
Did ZUNTATA get a new vocalist in Remi's place? Freedom did sound kind of weird at first, but like VISIONNERZ the weird lyrics kind of grew on me. I'm assuming the new singer is also the one who sang in the third stage, and I'm not that much of a fan of her.

The new Chronicle Mode looks fun to play in bursts.
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.