Co-worker just gave me a Genesis for free!

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

TWITCHDOCTOR wrote:I hope you guys aren't going to start another tight assed illegal debate here!
For what its worth, its illegal to play Japanese games if you live in the USA, and even the use of "mod chips" are considered illegal. (mostly due to piracy, but regions are debatable too)
I own the import Metal Slug, and it clearly states on the back that it is prohibited to rent or re-sell this item. (Go figure...you tell me!?) The same with arcade PCB's. Any collectors want to chime in about the re-sale bullshit?

BTW: How many of you "law abiding people" still drive 60MPH in a 55 zone?
Own a radar detector for you're car?...do me a favor and shut up about legal shlegal mumbo jumbo please!

Hell nowadays, failing to wear a seatbelt is a crime!
Some laws are stupid! Get my point?
Great points, TwitchDoctor. Self-righteous hypocrites love to judge other people. It makes them feel superior.
ST Dragon
Banned User

Post by ST Dragon »

Get These:

Horizontal:
=========
Battlemania 2 - Very cool unknown JPN shmup
Eliminate Down - Probably the best graphics in a shmup on the Genesis
Gaiares - Coolest weapon system
Gynoug/Wings of Wor - Awesome gameplay & music
Thunder Force III - Need I say more?
Zero Wing - All your base!

Vertical:
======
Fire Shark - Very good conversion
MUSHA - Aleste - Very cool shmup with an arcade feel
Raiden Trad - Very faithful conversion. Much better than the SNES vesion
Twin Cobra - Good Conversion
Twin Hawk - Good Conversion

8-Way Shooter:
==============
Granada - Cool game
Twinkle Tale - Nice but unknown

I had found Gley Lancer for 9$ 8 years ago at shop, but I didn't get it!
Damn!
:(
nullstar

Post by nullstar »

zinger wrote:
Turrican wrote:There's no need to be a pirate to use a tototek card.
Copying games is illegal, even if you own them. Not that I care though, but, just to let you know what you're actually doing here (commiting a crime). ;)
Er, that depends on where you live. In the U.S., I know the answer is `maybe,' depending on how many copies you make (US copyright law permits one copy of computer software for backup purposes -- and you can always make a `fair use' defense if you're willing to admit up front you're infringing on the copyright [fair use cases are basically won on grounds of `infringing, but not liable for damages']) and whether the vendor made an attempt at copy protection by some technological means (if so, the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA) says it's not legal to make the copy even if you legally own and otherwise have the means and legal right to make the copy -- say, as granted by other copyright laws. To my knowledge, no one's challenged the DMCA when its prohibitions collide with the permissions granted by other copyright laws -- but it would be an interesting case. Congresscritters are on record saying the DMCA is being abused^H^H^H^H^H^H misconstrued by copyright owners -- so it'd be interesting to see what a court would say when you've got those two particular laws at odds.)
ST Dragon
Banned User

Post by ST Dragon »

...And Don't Froget people.
I repeat the same and lazy old sentence, you should only download & copy games which you already own because if you download anything else, then you will burn in the fiery pits of hell!!! :twisted: :? :shock:
(Or more likely not!).
:D
raiden

Post by raiden »

but in truth, I would never renounce the privilige and pleasure to insert my cartridges into the MD. So this card has little use, after all.
I´m tempted to get one in order to try programming for the MD.