DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
AntiFritz

Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (Windows/PS4/Vita)

Post by AntiFritz »

Blackbird wrote:Oh, I guess we're finally cleared to talk about this then =P. Yep, DBCS is also one of our projects. I'll post some more detailed information when I get a chance to focus on this (a bit preoccupied with Mushi atm).
Why isn't square publishing it themselves?
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
shinimai

Post by shinimai »

Hi All

I am shinimai as Degica JP side.
Our DBCS teaser are updated!
https://www.facebook.com/dariusburstcs/

And at ZUNTATA Night 8 show DARIUSBURST Chronicle Saviours in 20:00 JPT (GMT+9).
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/3028193

Blackbird pick up on this.

Thank you!
GSK

Post by GSK »

The DBCS twitter account just announced release dates for the west: November 30 for PS4 and Vita, December 3 for PC (Steam).

Multi-monitor support is confirmed for the PC version.
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

GSK wrote:The DBCS twitter account just announced release dates for the west... December 3 for PC (Steam).
I am so - fucking - THERE!
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

GSK wrote:Multi-monitor support is confirmed for the PC version.
PC Master Race 8)

...not that I have multiple monitors. Or any friends for the local co-op. :cry:

Looking forward to this and I hope it does really well. It'd be a real shame if it doesn't. I've heard lots of good things about DBAC:EX and it sounds like there's a ton of content which should help appeal to people who aren't into the whole "the game has 20 minutes of content" thing.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
shinimai

Post by shinimai »

Oh sorry

I miss, this is teaser
http://dariusburstcs.degica.com/
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

GSK wrote:The DBCS twitter account just announced release dates for the west: November 30 for PS4 and Vita, December 3 for PC (Steam).

Multi-monitor support is confirmed for the PC version.

Day 1, will probably go to a friends house and bring my monitor over for kicks. Based Degica gets my money again. :D
Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:The future of shmups is the past.
*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Question:

So the Japanese website still says a 2016/1/14 release date. Did the release get moved earlier, or is that the collector's edition release date, or is there something else going on?
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

OH SHIT this is hitting the west in less than a month!

Is the physical release for vita being localized? I might double dip on both the PS4 and vita.
StoofooEsq

Post by StoofooEsq »

Didn't expect the release dates to be so soon.

REALLY didn't expect multi-monitor support for the PC version (or at all, really). I had wondered if there would be any attempts to replicate that feature for any of the home ports.

Suppose I can make getting a second widescreen monitor a higher priority now...
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

Is there a link to the tweet with the release info? I tried looking myself https://twitter.com/dariusburst_cs but couldn't find it, unless it was another page

But yeah, if dual monitor support is in, I may need to invest in another monitor just so I have 2 at the same physical size (running a 27" 1440p and a 21.5" 1080p right now)
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

drunkninja24 wrote:Is there a link to the tweet with the release info? I tried looking myself https://twitter.com/dariusburst_cs but couldn't find it, unless it was another page

But yeah, if dual monitor support is in, I may need to invest in another monitor just so I have 2 at the same physical size (running a 27" 1440p and a 21.5" 1080p right now)
Here you go, they made a new English-language Twitter account.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
shinimai

Post by shinimai »

Shepardus wrote:Question:

So the Japanese website still says a 2016/1/14 release date. Did the release get moved earlier, or is that the collector's edition release date, or is there something else going on?
We are publisher outside Japan. So Japanese site says 2016/1/14 release date, it is so.
Our lineup is PS4, Vita, Steam all download package. These can be released earlier than Physical ones in general.

Best,
shinimai
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

Shepardus wrote:
drunkninja24 wrote:Is there a link to the tweet with the release info? I tried looking myself https://twitter.com/dariusburst_cs but couldn't find it, unless it was another page

Here you go, they made a new English-language Twitter account.
Ah, thank you! Can't wait :D
Turrican

Post by Turrican »

Is this really happening? And, crucially, is the Vita version PSTV compatible?
X - P - B
Aleksei

Post by Aleksei »

Alright, what all do I need to link up monitors and which monitors do I get??

I need to get ready.

Chronicle mode looks so awesome! Can't wait!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/zuntata/theater
Image Image
[Cabinet 007]
rtw

Post by rtw »

Stoked, will buy on PS4, PC and Vita... because DARIUS!

Will there be any soundtracks or PDFs available in the Steam version ?
http://world-of-arcades.net
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work
mice

Post by mice »

This will be my first steam-game. They have finally something for me. :)
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Awesome news regarding the Western d/l versions for Vita, PS4 & Steam -- will this be downloadable on the USA region PSN site for both PS4 & Vita as as well?

Assuming if the Vita DBCS port is compatible with the PS TV/Vita TV micro consoles, already have an HRAP3 arcade stick/controller adapter setup ready to play it with in fine fashion.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Turrican

Post by Turrican »

Speaking of the Vita port, did they already release videos or screenshots of it? What kind of downgrade one should expect?

The difference between PS4 Resogun and Vita Resogun is quite striking, at least in purely visual terms.
X - P - B
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

shinimai wrote:
Shepardus wrote:Question:

We are publisher outside Japan. So Japanese site says 2016/1/14 release date, it is so.
Our lineup is PS4, Vita, Steam all download package. These can be released earlier than Physical ones in general.

Best,
shinimai
So you guys are handling the digital versions of this, then. I'm assuming it'll be fully worldwide digital releases on all three formats?
Smraedis

Post by Smraedis »

Already said it but I can't wait!
The Unknown? I'm the one who knows!
My shmup achievements | and my Superplays!
GSK

Post by GSK »

The digital prices listed for the PS4/PC versions on last night's stream is 6300 yen, which is about $50USD. I really wonder if they'll keep that price for the international release... I suspect they may.

They played several tracks from the arrange OST: Michiru Yamane's Rayforce arrange, Sanodg's Night Striker arrange, Yack's Metal Black arrange and a "Space Harrier (Darius Mix)" by Hiro.
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

I'll still buy it, but they're kinda shooting themselves in the foot if they price it at anything over $30 (and even that would be pushing it a bit) for the western market.
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

GSK wrote:The digital prices listed for the PS4/PC versions on last night's stream is 6300 yen, which is about $50USD.
I... may have to wait to be so fucking there, if that's the price point they're going for. $50 for a digital shmup seems a bit on the outrageous side.
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

The Coop wrote:
GSK wrote:The digital prices listed for the PS4/PC versions on last night's stream is 6300 yen, which is about $50USD.
I... may have to wait to be so fucking there, if that's the price point they're going for. $50 for a digital shmup seems a bit on the outrageous side.
Tbh for us who have imported shmups in the past, this is just regular stuff. On the cheap side even.
Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:The future of shmups is the past.
*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

Oniros wrote:
The Coop wrote:
Tbh for us who have imported shmups in the past, this is just regular stuff. On the cheap side even.
There's truth there to be sure (paid for a few myself). But this is a digital release in the U.S. on a "system" that's alive and well. There's really no reason for it to be that expensive, considering the average going price for shmups on Steam. Hell, even the most expensive ones aren't over $25 on release (I believe Mushihimesama is currently the most expensive one if you buy it with the extras).

Hopefully the folks releasing this will do a little research before putting it out there. Because frankly, I don't know how many people are going to clambering for a $50 digital shmup unless there are some absolutely stellar extras included in that price (which is doubtful).
rtw

Post by rtw »

Did anyone manage to capture the Zuntata Night 8 stream ?
http://world-of-arcades.net
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

Does the multi monitor support include having one monitor inverted for actual mirror setups?
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

Does the multi monitor support include having one monitor inverted for actual mirror setups?
I'm pretty sure that you define this through your windows configuration. Friend of mine has a 4-monitor setup, two monitors on the bottom and two upside down on top. For programs or games this doesn't make a difference, since they stick to the orientation windows tells them.