DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
ProcoTaito

Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)

Post by ProcoTaito »

I'd wager it's on purpose. Especially if it was Darius Gaiden music that was playing.
The final level of Gaiden does the exact same thing, it plays silent for nearly the first 3/4th of the stage and then fades into music. I noticed this too when I was playing through the CS mode and thought to myself "oh hey, it does that thing that Gaiden does with the music".
A Silverhawk pilot says....
I always wanted a thing called tuna sashimi!!
FunktionJCB

Post by FunktionJCB »

ProcoTaito wrote:I'd wager it's on purpose. Especially if it was Darius Gaiden music that was playing.
The final level of Gaiden does the exact same thing, it plays silent for nearly the first 3/4th of the stage and then fades into music. I noticed this too when I was playing through the CS mode and thought to myself "oh hey, it does that thing that Gaiden does with the music".
You're exactly right: it is a Darius Gaiden track, and on the original game, the track also starts closer to the end of the stage (although the delay in Dariusburst: CS is longer).

Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

In Darius Gaiden it's synced so that the climax of the song takes place at the same time as the final boss spawning. I don't remember if they timed it the same way in DBCS but I do remember them delaying that same track in at least one area.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
ProcoTaito

Post by ProcoTaito »

I really do enjoy Zuntata's ability to sync up game play action to music.
Honestly, I don't really know of other shmups that quite do that kind of thing. At least not as well as Zuntata does with Darius.
A Silverhawk pilot says....
I always wanted a thing called tuna sashimi!!
FunktionJCB

Post by FunktionJCB »

ProcoTaito wrote:I'd wager it's on purpose. Especially if it was Darius Gaiden music that was playing.
Shepardus wrote:In Darius Gaiden it's synced so that the climax of the song takes place at the same time as the final boss spawning. I don't remember if they timed it the same way in DBCS but I do remember them delaying that same track in at least one area.
I never had a PS1, so my experience with Darius Gaiden and G-Darius was minimal.
I'm actually more familiar with the tracks from both soundtracks, due to various Zuntata live videos, than the actual games.

For me, my experience with the series is pretty much: Darius, Darius II, Darius Twin, and now Dariusburst: Chronicle Saviours.
I'm hoping the older titles may see a re-release on PC one of these days, so I can get to properly enjoy the entries I missed. :)

I get all the visual and soundtrack references in Dariusburst: Chronicle Saviours in regards to the first two titles, but I am now more aware of the numerous Gaiden references after ProcoTaito pointed that bit about the game, and I went to check some more Darius Gaiden videos.
The CS Mode area I mentioned ("Sadomen") is a good example, since it's full of visual and audio references to the game.

Discovering these details and references in Dariusburst: Chronicle Saviours makes me love the game even more. :D
It's truly a love letter to the series. The developers did an awesome job with the game.
Sly Cherry Chunks

Post by Sly Cherry Chunks »

Shepardus wrote:In Darius Gaiden it's synced so that the climax of the song takes place at the same time as the final boss spawning. I don't remember if they timed it the same way in DBCS but I do remember them delaying that same track in at least one area.
Dariustburst's "World of Spirit" does this too.

I always felt that "Visionerz" was synced with Golden Ogre's death and the transition to the second stage, debunking the "autofire is cheating" myth once and for all. 8)
The biggest unanswered question is where is the money? [1CCS]
ZacharyB

Post by ZacharyB »

I like to think that Visionnerz's calm transition synchronizing with Golden Ogre's defeat and the move to the next stage is more careful planning on the composer's part. He probably played through the first stage silent, while it was still in development, noting the general amount of time it takes to get to the second stage, and then coordinating his composition to match.
Tatsuya79

Post by Tatsuya79 »

ProcoTaito wrote:I really do enjoy Zuntata's ability to sync up game play action to music.
Honestly, I don't really know of other shmups that quite do that kind of thing. At least not as well as Zuntata does with Darius.
They can't beat Otocky on Famicom disk system though.
FunktionJCB

Post by FunktionJCB »

Has there been any new info regarding the release dates of the new DLCs?

Maybe Nick can share a bit of info? :wink:
NickPalmerDegica

Post by NickPalmerDegica »

Still a little bit up in the air, working out some final kinks. We should have dates soonish.
FunktionJCB

Post by FunktionJCB »

NickPalmerDegica wrote:Still a little bit up in the air, working out some final kinks. We should have dates soonish.
Thanks. :)

Some new media would be great, to keep everyone interested.
Siontis

Post by Siontis »

ACSeraph wrote:So I haven't had as much play as I would like but are the presets at the higher levels of CS reasonably balanced for a skilled player to clear the game? Using upgraded customs doesn't look so different from credit feeding to me. I figured it was only in there for the casual crowd.

Also every time I play on PS4 between stages I get this annoting error message about not being able to connect with the server. Dont know whats causing it or how to turn off the obnoxious message. Also the game freezes my PS4 every time I choose "close application" rather than power off. Seems like a pretty serious glitch.
The glitch is still unpatched, whenever the game fails to refresh my leaderboard score (CS) , it freezes at the CS world map without music. The only way is to select close application, the error I get is NW-31456-9 "Cannot connect to the server within the time limit.There might have been a problem in connecting to the network, or PlayStation Network or the server of the service provider might be temporarily busy" . The game doesn't crash when I get the above mentioned error, it just remains frozen until I close the app and restart. I hope someone in charge reads this and hopefully patch this issue in the next dlc update.
Rayge

Post by Rayge »

Get ready for the CAVE DLC on the 15th

http://prtimes.jp/main/html/rd/p/000002 ... 07006.html
lilmanjs

Post by lilmanjs »

A link to the trailer for the Cave DLC. New music sounds pretty interesting and the DLC looks well done.
https://twitter.com/DARIUSBURSTCS/statu ... 9453960192
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

CAVE and Raizing DLC will not be released at the same day, then?
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
Special World

Post by Special World »

I don't have this game. What exactly do the DLCs look like? Are they just different ship models or what?

I feel like I should have picked this up at some point, but Darius is hit or miss with me and it was expensive.
http://catstronaut.wordpress.com/
  • catstronaut loves games
mice

Post by mice »

@Special World, this might give some clues:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/496971/

I didn't know they did a metal black one, I'm so getting darius burst now.
qmish

Post by qmish »

Special World wrote:I don't have this game. What exactly do the DLCs look like? Are they just different ship models or what?

I feel like I should have picked this up at some point, but Darius is hit or miss with me and it was expensive.
Each dlc ship has a bit different gameplay.
AxelMill

Post by AxelMill »

lilmanjs wrote:A link to the trailer for the Cave DLC. New music sounds pretty interesting and the DLC looks well done.
https://twitter.com/DARIUSBURSTCS/statu ... 9453960192
I was waiting for "NEW BOSSES" to appear, but nope.
:(
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Arrangers:
Wasi303 - Deathsmiles
Keishi Yonao - Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu
Yosuke Yasui - ketsui

I knew I was going to get the Ketsui DLC from the start, but this cemented my purchase even further.
Some of the DLC screenshots still have the Opa Opa text for ship instructions, however. And why is Ketsui constantly written in lower-case letters in its Steam page? It's off-putting.
(I swear some of the sprites used in the Ketsui DLC are directly ripped from the game in all their pixelated glory, not that I'm complaining)
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
pcb_revival

Post by pcb_revival »

The current US PSN sale ends tomorrow 13 December for those still on the edge of undecided.

Game is 50% off or 60% off for ps+ subscribers and the triple dlc packs are discounted 20% or 30% ps+ subscriber.
Mero

Post by Mero »

March 30th for the physical release.
Special World

Post by Special World »

What's the deal with the physical release? I assume it's for PS4--is it the base game with all of the DLC included? Or does it have some "Black Label" type thing going on that makes each release valuable for different reasons?
http://catstronaut.wordpress.com/
  • catstronaut loves games
amdiggywhut

Post by amdiggywhut »

DLC drops tomorrow, yeah? Pretty amped. Still need to finish CS mode too.
GSK

Post by GSK »

Special World wrote:What's the deal with the physical release? I assume it's for PS4--is it the base game with all of the DLC included? Or does it have some "Black Label" type thing going on that makes each release valuable for different reasons?
It's the standard release without the DLC, there's nothing different about the software. People asked for a disc version, they obliged.

There are two versions: a standard edition and a LE that comes with the CAVE/8ing tunes on CD and multiplayer-colour variants of the Takara Tomy Silver Hawk Burst figure.
FunktionJCB

Post by FunktionJCB »

GSK wrote:multiplayer-colour variants of the Takara Tomy Silver Hawk Burst figure.
You mean physical figures of the ships, not in-game content, right?

It would suck if a new edition came around, and had content that previous buyers didn't get. :)

Anyway, the CAVE DLCs are now out.
This truly is the game that keeps on giving... :wink:
Rupert H

Post by Rupert H »

FunktionJCB wrote:
GSK wrote:multiplayer-colour variants of the Takara Tomy Silver Hawk Burst figure.
You mean physical figures of the ships, not in-game content, right?
Yeah, they're the Shooting Game Historica ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FunktionJCB

Post by FunktionJCB »

Rupert H wrote:Yeah, they're the Shooting Game Historica ships.
Thanks for the confirmation. :)
Tyjet

Post by Tyjet »

For anyone interested, here is a run from the Deathsmiles DLC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbVItfMhWjU
My Youtube Channel | Xbox: Tyjet Poison | My Scores
amdiggywhut

Post by amdiggywhut »

PS4 doesn't appear to have these available yet?