DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
DKA_Darius

Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)

Post by DKA_Darius »

I think the price of these three dlc ships is a little expensive, 3.99 pounds for one ship, so 11.97 pounds for three ships. But the price in China is just only 5.38 pounds for three ships
qmish

Post by qmish »

Those new 3 bosses just remakes of already existing ones?
FunktionJCB

Post by FunktionJCB »

I'm having a blast with these DLCs.

Each ship controls so differently from one another (and from the ships from the main game), it almost feels like I'm playing a different game.
And the use of original tracks from each game is an awesome touch.
I'm particularly enjoying playing with the Night Striker and RayForce ships.

Even the menus from the DLC mode (showing each ship (including the ones from the main game), and info on the game they were first featured on, with the appropriate background music to match) are a great touch.

If anyone is interested, when you buy all 3 packs you end up getting:
-3 new ships;
-9 special stages designed around the new ships (3 stages for each of the 3 ships);
-the TAITO pack, which includes 10 arranged stages/boss fights;
-the CS PACK 1, featuring a total of 30 stages from the CS mode.

You can play the stages from the DLC mode with any of the ships (both the ones from the main game, and the DLC ships), meaning you can play, for example, the RayForce special stages, and use the Night Striker ship. There's also leaderboards for all stages,

Like the main game, the new content feels like a love letter to the genre.
And the upcoming SEGA DLCs all appear to feature different mechanics, which is sure to introduce even more variety to the game.
fumanchu

Post by fumanchu »

the dlc is still not available in the uk,been checking all day but no luck.can anyone else confirm this.
NickPalmerDegica

Post by NickPalmerDegica »

I'll look into why its not available in the UK Sunday once people are back in office.
DKA_Darius

Post by DKA_Darius »

fumanchu wrote:the dlc is still not available in the uk,been checking all day but no luck.can anyone else confirm this.
Not available? I got the dlc at 11:30 pm on 17/03 in UK
fumanchu

Post by fumanchu »

DKA_Darius wrote:
fumanchu wrote:the dlc is still not available in the uk,been checking all day but no luck.can anyone else confirm this.
Not available? I got the dlc at 11:30 pm on 17/03 in UK
i have been trying to get it since yesterday and it does not show up on psn at all.
even the uk psn website does not show it either.
Zach Keene

Post by Zach Keene »

So... my high score on Night Striker stage A is about 20 mil higher than anyone on the leaderboard for well over a day now, which leaves me with two questions:

1) Why the hell isn't my Vita uploading my score
2) you guys realize Inter Gray can counterburst, right?

Edit: got the PS4 to upload a score... not my high score, but one 11 mill short.
Edit2: There it is, finally.
Last edited by Zach Keene on Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rupert H

DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)

Post by Rupert H »

Is there any known way to use JPN DLC on a UK Vita with a UK account? This is easily done on the PS3/4 as you can have multiple accounts on one system, but I can't see a way of doing it with the physical JPN version on the Vita.
Pedro Lambrini

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

Is there any chance of DB getting a GOG release? I'd love to buy the game.
It's Dangerous! It's Devious! It's...
Zach Keene

Post by Zach Keene »

Rupert H wrote:Is there any known way to use JPN DLC on a UK Vita with a UK account? This is easily done on the PS3/4 as you can have multiple accounts on one system, but I can't see a way of doing it with the physical JPN version on the Vita.
Unfortunately, no.
qmish

Post by qmish »

Well, i ended up getting dlcs)

Ships, music, cool. Though i'm slightly sad they didnt create new stages on new assets that would look like well-made remakes of those games (sorry no you still get underwater from psp db)
AxelMill

Post by AxelMill »

Pedro Lambrini wrote:Is there any chance of DB getting a GOG release? I'd love to buy the game.
I remember reading somewhere around here that CD Projekt rejected Degica's request to make their games available on GOG.
qmish wrote:Ships, music, cool. Though i'm slightly sad they didnt create new stages on new assets that would look like well-made remakes of those games (sorry no you still get underwater from psp db)
A single new stage+boss for each DLC would've been more than acceptable. If that would've meant a slightly higher price, so be it.
NickPalmerDegica

Post by NickPalmerDegica »

Managed to talk to the tech guy today. EU release for PSN got delayed, should be up within the week.
Pedro Lambrini

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

Anyone know why CD Projekt would refuse Degica's catalogue?
It's Dangerous! It's Devious! It's...
Blattdorf

Post by Blattdorf »

I have exactly one mission left in CS mode and it's the one where you have to beat G.T.V with the Second. That one's going to take a while.

Gigantic Bite and Savage Ruler stopped being scary, though they can still wipe me when I get cocky or careless.
boagman

Post by boagman »

Blattdorf wrote:I have exactly one mission left in CS mode and it's the one where you have to beat G.T.V with the Second. That one's going to take a while.

Gigantic Bite and Savage Ruler stopped being scary, though they can still wipe me when I get cocky or careless.
"Great, kid! Don't get cocky!" ;)
Blattdorf

Post by Blattdorf »

I guess I'm now officially part of the Perfect Saviour club. All clear with presets only.
fumanchu

Post by fumanchu »

the dlc is now available on psn in europe for both ps4 and vita.it appeared last night at about 8pm.
boagman

Post by boagman »

fumanchu wrote:the dlc is now available on psn in europe for both ps4 and vita.it appeared last night at about 8pm.
It *sort of* appeared tonight on my Vita. That is to say, the screen tells me in big ol' CAPS: "DLC NOW ON SALE!"

The problem comes in, of course, when I press the icons and it takes me to the PlayStation Store, the message I get there is "There are no content items.". Keep in mind this is with a US Vita playing the Japanese hard copy of the game, so I don't know if that makes any difference or not.

Would an English language setting be available via DLC? That'd be, you know...awesome. ;)
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

If they had any intention of adding an English language option to the physical release I'm sure they would have done so by now or included it from the start. I have no idea why they separated the versions like that if the digital Vita release has a language select (does it?), but the fact is that they did.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Rupert H

Post by Rupert H »

Boagman: They announced before the game was released that the JPN version would not be compatible with other regions. Even the trophy list and leaderboards are separated by region, and that extends to the DLC too. It's shit, I know.
boagman

Post by boagman »

Shepardus wrote:If they had any intention of adding an English language option to the physical release I'm sure they would have done so by now or included it from the start. I have no idea why they separated the versions like that if the digital Vita release has a language select (does it?), but the fact is that they did.
I don't know whether the digital Vita release does or does not, but I know that at least one of the digital releases has a language select option where English is included. To my mind (and that's not a guarantee of anything, to be sure...), I can't see why it'd be difficult to just port/patch that over in a future update. But again: maybe that's a lot more difficult than I believe it to be.

It's not a hill to die on, and I'd still make the same purchase decision today (physical vs. digital), but that doesn't mean that I shouldn't ask for it. It would certainly make the game that much more enjoyable for me, and I would think others would benefit from it, too.

Not holding my breath while waiting for it, but hope springs eternal.
boagman

Post by boagman »

Rupert H wrote:Boagman: They announced before the game was released that the JPN version would not be compatible with other regions. Even the trophy list and leaderboards are separated by region, and that extends to the DLC too. It's shit, I know.
I was not aware of this, so thanks for letting me know. It's live-with-able to me, since the game itself is so darned great, but it is a bit odd, that's for sure. I'd still buy the physical version knowing this up front, though.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Here's the gameplay videos for the Sega DLC ships:
TRY-Z : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-0lCk0OgOU
Harrier : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgWXVOXqgYI
Opa-Opa : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTNew0mcuIk

CAVE/Treasure/Konami collab when?
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
FunktionJCB

Post by FunktionJCB »

Durandal wrote:CAVE/Treasure/Konami collab when?
What I wouldn't give for an Axelay DLC... :)
LDigital

Post by LDigital »

Yeah me too. It's probably my fave SHMUP ever
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

We should also get the Solvalou from Xevious at this point.
DKA_Darius

Post by DKA_Darius »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiIL6Nf ... e=youtu.be

I achieve the QUZ route No Damage, using Genesis, and get 233 million

Actually, my stratege is not suitable No Damage playing, but I cannot stop to destroy enermise with high mutiple.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Very impressive! That video will be very useful for anyone trying to learn QUZ.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS