XRGB-mini Framemeister

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Fudoh

Re: XRGB-mini FLAME MEISTER G2 (new scaler)

Post by Fudoh »

nice, where's the screenshot from ?

Doing scanlines with a Marvell processor and a PS1 240p signal is actually easy, but doing the same on a Saturn's 224 line signal is a completely different piece of cake! I hope they think of that.
lalilulelo

Post by lalilulelo »

So where's the RGB input? Is it that port on the front-right? Like a mini-DIN or something?
RGB32E

Post by RGB32E »

lalilulelo wrote:So where's the RGB input? Is it that port on the front-right? Like a mini-DIN or something?
The RGB input on the Frame Meister is a 8 pin mini din on the front of the unit. The unit should ship with a 21 pin breakout adapter cable, so you can connect JP RGB cables as you would on prior XRGB models. This also makes it easier for those who just want to use SCART cables... I'm planning to make some direct cables (system to 8 pin mini din) for the Frame Meister, and some SCART adapters as well once I find out the pinout of the 8 pin mini din! :D

Last edited by RGB32E on Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RGB32E

Post by RGB32E »

http://www.micomsoft.co.jp/cgi-bin/deve ... .cgi?no=45
CEATEC and the mini InterBEE ~ ♪

Will be very slow, We visited your CEATEC JAPAN 2011, Thank you.

In the radio booth newspaper microcomputer software / is broke and this exhibition.

• FRAME MEISTER Demonstration
MVS board XSYNC two commercial distributed-1, "FRAME MEISTER" XRGB and type-3, and demonstrated comparable to two identical outputs to the TV.
It also shows the frame counter, submitted to experience the difference by shooting 1 frame.

• Capture Card Prototype
Overshadowed by the FRAME MEISTER, SC-compatible products top 500N1 "SC-510N1" and, "USB capture unit" and then exhibited a prototype of reference.
SC-500N1 (SC-510N1) surprisingly fast preview, USB capture through output delay is zero! Demonstration that I was, I could not tell as well.
In InterBEE next exhibition will be more meaningful.

We let stand in the booth in shifts during the period from the microcomputer software, we have variety of people and talk.
Please check our coming every time, like long-time users, people Bemaga alumni, among others, will be talking with you - the first day second day, Mr. Shinji Nishikawa good, kindly posted a very detailed article 4Gamers.
(Take this opportunity to thank a wonderful article.)

CEATEC Journal neta get onto AV.
http://www.4gamer.net/games/095/G009575/20111027070/

FRAME MEISTER is that, even now begin production shortly, debug firmware until the last minute ... We have evolved!

High demand from international users, scan line display mode (pseudo-) is one of them.
What are the nostalgic atmosphere out?

These devices, also plans to exhibit from November 16 InterBEE.
Please come visiting us who could not come even now.
Found the other pics:

Konsolkongen

Post by Konsolkongen »

The RGB input on the Frame Meister is a 7 pin mini din on the front of the unit.
8 pin, right? :)

The X-sync in the chain is that used only for signal splitting to XRGB-3 and Framemeister? What I mean is do you think the MVS will work on the Framemeister without it?

About that scanlined PS1 game. Is that taken using RGBs or component from a PS2? I think there are noticeable colorbleed in the red's. Otherwise it looks sharp and promising enough.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

The Framemeister demo during Ceatec did not have scanlines. Given the visible pixel structure I would say that this screenshot is from a CRT and simply shows what Micomsoft is aiming at ("scanlines in general").
fagin

Post by fagin »

Fudoh wrote:Given the visible pixel structure I would say that this screenshot is from a CRT and simply shows what Micomsoft is aiming at ("scanlines in general").
Agreed.... I did think that when I saw that image. Isn't shadowmasking present on that image (which would surely mean CRT display).

Now if that is what the LCD image would look I'd probably eat my own arse. :mrgreen: I have the salt and pepper at the ready just incase. :shock:
Konsolkongen

Post by Konsolkongen »

I actually assumed this was a screenshot. But now that I look closely I can see a bend in the bottom left of the picture :/
Zapf

Post by Zapf »

I assumed it was a screenshot of an lcd, as it has the input overlay on the upper right you usually see on lcds after changing the input.
RGB32E

Post by RGB32E »

Konsolkongen wrote:
The RGB input on the Frame Meister is a 8 pin mini din on the front of the unit.
Post updated... :evil:
Konsolkongen wrote:The X-sync in the chain is that used only for signal splitting to XRGB-3 and Framemeister? What I mean is do you think the MVS will work on the Framemeister without it?

About that scanlined PS1 game. Is that taken using RGBs or component from a PS2? I think there are noticeable colorbleed in the red's. Otherwise it looks sharp and promising enough.
From this picture:

It looks like the Frame meister was connected to the XSYNC-1's 8 pin din output, and XRGB-3 connected to the XSYNC-1's HD15 output (sync separated?).

http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... 1_set.html

Here are the specs from Micomsoft:

As far as the bleeding red goes in that scanline picture, either the TV is subsampling chroma (4:4:4 to 4:2:2), or the frame meister is... Just a guess, but the main cause of bright blurry colors in consumer digital seems to be caused by the reduction of signal bandwidth. I hope the FM doesn't do this (4:4:4 to 4:2:2 - bandwidth reduction)! :shock:
Konsolkongen

Post by Konsolkongen »

RGB32E wrote:
Konsolkongen wrote:
The RGB input on the Frame Meister is a 8 pin mini din on the front of the unit.
Post updated... :evil:
Easy now. Just wanted to let you know before you buy a lot, in case you had it mistaken for a 7 pin.
This unit changes the frequency and resolution can not be converted.
So it does something to the signal itself. Then the MVS probably won't work without it :/ As far as I can tell you can't buy the Xsync-1 without the video capture card? :(
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

That's a translation error. The XSync is just a sync cleaner/stripper. If that's really needed on the Mini (which I don't believe) you can use a SyncStrike or any selfmade sync stripper instead.
Konsolkongen

Post by Konsolkongen »

Nice :) As far as I can tell it looks like the Xsync-1 has a 8-DIN output for video passthrough and a VGA output for processed output?

Framemeister is probably hooked up to the 8 DIN and the XRGB-3 to the VGA. They probably have that XRGB-3 in B0 mode and that works with MVS anyway.
Sinneslöschen

Post by Sinneslöschen »

Any idea if the output is fixed to 1080P? Also 720P possible?
RGB32E

Post by RGB32E »

Konsolkongen wrote:Easy now. Just wanted to let you know before you buy a lot, in case you had it mistaken for a 7 pin.
This unit changes the frequency and resolution can not be converted.
So it does something to the signal itself. Then the MVS probably won't work without it :/ As far as I can tell you can't buy the Xsync-1 without the video capture card? :(
Oh... I didn't mean anything bad... I actually already picked up some 8 pin mini din plugs in preparation! :)

Like I had mentioned from the pictures, the X-SYNC1 appears to be used primarily as a distribution amplifier (powered splitter). We'd have to open up a X-SYNC1 to see if the 8 pin din output is a striaght passthrough or not. Regardless, the 8 pin din outputs RGBS, and the HD15 connector outputs RGBHV. The RGBS output appears to be fed to the FM, and RGBHV to the XRGB-3 (D2 input I'd imagine).

@Fudoh - Have an ETA for your FM? :mrgreen:
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

late november, but they don't seem to have a release date yet, so it's hard to tell...
LastSilmaril

Post by LastSilmaril »

Can we assume that we'll have to pay out our eyeballs for this ($500+) just like the XRGB3? LOL, if space weren't an issue, I'd try to pick up a Wega CRT instead
alamone

Post by alamone »

From what I recall, the passthru does not function unless the USB power is being provided.
They are just using it as a powered splitter, basically.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

Can we assume that we'll have to pay out our eyeballs for this ($500+) just like the XRGB3?
yes, we sure can.
RGB32E

Post by RGB32E »

Fudoh wrote:
Can we assume that we'll have to pay out our eyeballs for this ($500+) just like the XRGB3?
yes, we sure can.
Ha! Considering that all of the eBay sellers of the XRGB-3 are tacking on a $150+ charge plus shipping it's an unfortunate situation. However, there's a chance that NCSx and Play-Asia might sell the FM initially, reducing the cost!
Konsolkongen

Post by Konsolkongen »

I'm glad Fudoh is getting one. I hope you will let us know your initial impressions right away. And of course a full review later on :)
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

newsflash from Tenchu2x (Solaris JP): according to Micomsoft, they're looking at a late january 2012 release now. Obviously some bugs in the firmware which have to get sorted out first. On the bright side: scanline emulation should now be available right from the start.
Zapf

Post by Zapf »

More money to spend on christmas presents I guess!
Chacranajxy

Post by Chacranajxy »

Scanline emulation from the start is a good thing. Woulda liked to buy myself this as a Christmas present, but if they're using the time to knock out bugs, the delay's quite alright with me.

Assuming the price isn't too terribly excessive, I think I might nab one from the get-go.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

Micomsoft also confirmed that the price will be less than the XRGB-3, didn't go into details though. I would assume 32.800 Yen or something like this. 29.800 would be nice, but I don't believe it will this low...
alamone

Post by alamone »

Official page is up! Preorders are open at Micomsoft Direct Shop for mid-December shipping.
http://www.micomsoft.co.jp/xrgb-mini.htm
zaphod

Post by zaphod »

Yeah, it's pretty expensive still. does seem to be a nice unit though.
Zapf

Post by Zapf »

alamone wrote:Official page is up! Preorders are open at Micomsoft Direct Shop for mid-December shipping.
http://www.micomsoft.co.jp/xrgb-mini.htm
Do I need to wait for a third party to have it available or can a person in the US place an order
Zapf

Post by Zapf »

Wait, how is that less than the xrgb3? thats not even less than the fucking MSRP for the xrgb3
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

[18:36] <Megalixir> http://www.micomsoft.co.jp/xrgb-mini.htm
[18:36] <Megalixir> holy shit why is it so expensive
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.