Touhou Seirensen ~ Undefined Fantastic Object

moozooh

Re: Touhou Seirensen ~ Undefined Fantastic Object

Post by moozooh »

They don't cash in on the first levels, opting for summoning less UFOs so that it would be possible to consume more UFO tokens for increased point item value.
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
BSM

Post by BSM »

Right so...
lgb wrote:It is exactly this kind of logic that keeps said scoreboards empty. Hop to it.
I made a promise at some point to crosspost when I did Hard for all Shot Types. I would've done this earlier, but I ended up with a not-so-happy score for Hard!MarisaB (<1bil). So I tried again. And again, and again. Eventually got something. There are notable time spans between the replays, so you'll probably see varying routes, performance and other things if you bother going off and watching them. I never got around to touching up that Lunatic!MarisaB 1cc after going through the first time... probably because I died 6 times to the Final Boss and I didn't want to have another failure like that >_>;
Oh wait, I already 1-upped that with 8-misses on Byakuren after trying out a full-survival run.
I also generally persist in finishing off the run unless it becomes completely hopeless to do so. Also, hi <3
But enough of that, submitting:

Hard - Reimu A
BaitySM - 1,155,625,740 - C - 0.0% - Replay

Hard - Reimu B
BaitySM - 1,030,920,910 - C - 0.0% - Replay

Hard - Marisa A
BaitySM - 1,010,785,390 - C - 0.0% - Replay

Hard - Marisa B
BaitySM - 1,277,073,790 - C - 0.1% - Replay

Hard - Sanae A
BaitySM - 1,137,642,680 - C - 0.0% - Replay

Hard - Sanae B
BaitySM - 1,139,750,220 - C - 0.0% - Replay

Lunatic - Reimu A
BaitySM - 822,547,680 - C - 0.0% - Replay

Lunatic - Reimu B
BaitySM - 888,541,590 - C - 0.0% - Replay

Lunatic - Marisa A
BaitySM - 715,592,020 - C - 0.1% - Replay

Lunatic - Marisa B
BaitySM - 542,752,430 - C - 0.0% - Replay

Lunatic - Sanae A
BaitySM - 852,875,840 - C - 0.0% - Replay

Lunatic - Sanae B
BaitySM - 725,600,890 - C - 0.0% - Replay

...I'll leave my "average" Extra score out of this. I also believe there are other players here that have Lunatic 1cc's (you know who you are, come on out of hiding already). Care to add? And as a comment, it'd be nice if I didn't make really, really stupid mistakes in what would be pretty decent runs. UFO scoring too tough for most? Just compromise resources and score; you still end up with a decent-looking score. Oh, and I don't bother with most boss grazing, just fyi

Now excuse me while I go lurk more.
[07:31] <Sapz> Point is, there's likely some secret technique
Sapz

Post by Sapz »

BSM wrote:I also believe there are other players here that have Lunatic 1cc's (you know who you are, come on out of hiding already). Care to add?
...Fine, fine.

Lunatic - ReimuB
Sapz - 195,689,810 - C - 0.0 - Replay

Awesome score, right? 8) Hooray for survival play while deprived of sleep.

And nice to finally see you here, Baity. Go introduce yourself~
STGT '11 - #1 | STGT '12 - #1
BSM

Post by BSM »

Sapz wrote:And nice to finally see you here, Baity. Go introduce yourself~
I refuse, and choose to stay in this lurker shell. It's really comfortable! Bonus points if you can pull any other people over, by the way. And it's not an awesome score until you go for the 0 Spell Card capture 1cc.

Might as well keep things moving every month or so. Might move the Double Spoiler score across some other time; though nobody really wants to see a monster like that, right?

Lunatic - Marisa B
BaitySM - 914,316,420 - C - Replay
Embarrassing mistakes. I'm still surprised I still have it in me considering I haven't done scoring in quite a while.
This run also didn't have me milking the (early) bosses out, save for that one key point where it's actually worth a notable amount. And some "light" safespotting for that little kick. It keeps me more attentive this way and I therefore would perform better in the endgame. Which was unfortunately, underwhelming in my opinion.

Interesting to note that this was done on my first try on the given day. The number of mistakes that I'm actually making are starting to decrease as well, so that's definitely a plus.

...Also lgb, Sapz's submission is in the incorrect Shot Type; it should be in Reimu B.

...UFO! The only Touhou game apart from Double Spoiler that actually keeps me interested in scoring!
(totally not a shameless advertisement)
Naut

Post by Naut »

BSM wrote: I also believe there are other players here that have Lunatic 1cc's (you know who you are, come on out of hiding already). Care to add?
Sup.

Lunatic - Reimu A
Naut - 799,865,700 - C - 0.0% - Replay

Lunatic - Reimu B
Naut - 579,629,000 - C - 0.0% - Replay

Lunatic - Marisa A
Naut - 833,749,330 - C - 0.0% - Replay

I'll need to up that Reimu B score to my standards pretty soon. Guess I should clear the game with Sanae too.
BSM wrote: ...UFO! The only Touhou game apart from Double Spoiler that actually keeps me interested in scoring!
(totally not a shameless advertisement)
This is a good point. To me, UFO is a lot more enjoyable to score in than the other Touhou games -- by a fairly large margin. The best part is that you can go at your own pace. Replace a red UFO for a blue here and there, slowly work your way up to a respectable score.
Zetzumarshen

Post by Zetzumarshen »

Lunatic - Sanae B
.ASP - 2,142,450,190 - c - 0.1% - replay
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Damn unbelievable score, man! Crazy good job! :o
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
BSM

Post by BSM »

Lunatic - Reimu A
BaitySM - 1,214,648,050 - C - 0.0% - Replay

Lunatic - Reimu B
BaitySM - 1,317,538,330 - C - 0.0% - Replay

I'll leave the Sanae A run out for now since that's what I'm aiming for next.

I should maybe devote myself more to this; I spent too much time on Banshiryuu (C74) and ended up losing most of my control when I picked this up again in hopes of improving my score(s). Needless to say, the above two are actually somewhat old submissions. Recently speaking...
Or, maybe I should just specialize in a single Shot Type and get quicker (and better) results.
KAI

Post by KAI »

NORMAL - Reimu B
KAI - 197,127,820 - C - 0.1%

I've been playing this game only for 2 days and i love it!
tinotormed

Post by tinotormed »

I'm sure no one has took over for this thread yet. Someone take this one!
YT|2nd YT|1ccs|
Good, bad, I'm the guy with the keyboard! Note:Please PM me if you need scores to be updated!
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Um, why should it be taken? It's updated regularly.
tinotormed

Post by tinotormed »

No, it's not it. This is because lgb is gone from this forum and was exactly replaced by Despatche!
YT|2nd YT|1ccs|
Good, bad, I'm the guy with the keyboard! Note:Please PM me if you need scores to be updated!
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

So why the panic?