I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
spineshark

Re: I DID IT

Post by spineshark »

There's also this run, which follows a lot of the same principles. I dunno if it's any use (since uhh, who plays typeC in BL?) but it's definitely a good watch.
deexor

Post by deexor »

DFK BL Strong Zatsuza requirements:
  • kill all bosses with full red gauge (stages 1 to 5, Golden Disaster not required)
  • max. 2 bombs used in stages 1 to 5
  • no-miss everything, including Golden Disaster
Bombing at the GD fight any number of times is allowed. Bees and routes do not matter. Some people seem to prefer the normal route through the game, some take the Ura bosses starting from stage 4 or 5.

There are 15 Zatsuza ALLs on the jp leaderboards by 14 different players (standalone + DLC combined). 10 B-type, 4 A, 1 C. Of course, if someone has a better score on a non-Zatsuza run, that will be up there instead.
GAME OVER
casualcoder

Post by casualcoder »

Congratulations! I'm not sure how i'm going to 1CC this one. I got to the last level with 1 or 2 lives within the first couple of days of playing but the last level just rapes me every time. I can't see how I can have enough lives just to bomb my way through it. And I see no other way without bombing.

Since I'm back on gold with my X360 account I should check out some replays and hit this one again soon.
Obscura

Post by Obscura »

Won't be a big deal to most of y'all, but I'm sure feeling high on it:

Just busted 40 mil for the first time, and nearly broke 45 while I was at it!
Chaos Phoenixma

Post by Chaos Phoenixma »

I just broke the 60 million mark in Judgment SilverSword Normal with the default ship. I'm still not really happy with my score, but it's progress.

I also broke the 100 million mark in it with the secret ship, but I'm not going to be happy with that until I no miss with it all the way to Ex Boss 3.(cause there's no way I'm going to capture the final attack with secret ship to cash in on the 100x multiplier you'd have if you no missed the entire game up to that point). I'd love to see someone get the 200+ million with secret ship by no missing the game, but I don't have any idea how you'd deal with the final attack, which is why I can't hope for it. I'm not sure what my score would be with no miss to the final followed by a somewhat decent fight against it.
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

-
Last edited by Cagar on Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gus

Post by Gus »

Yeah, even my best score is better than that and I consider myself beyond horrible at DOJ. I think there comes a time where you gotta be honest with yourself, just realize that you're a fucking horrible player and that coming and being the worst poster on the board isn't going to help you improve. Realize that maybe, just maybe, these games aren't for you and that you'd get a lot more enjoyment out of playing one of those shitty gamemovies.
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

-
Zengeku3
Banned User

Post by Zengeku3 »

What the hell man?

Gus, why don't you stop being so rude? You might not realize it, or refuse to admit it, but you are actually a quite skilled player even if you are under the delusion that you are mediocre. That doesn't mean that you've got the right to trash everyone around you who aren't as skilled as you are.
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

-
Zengeku3
Banned User

Post by Zengeku3 »

Cagar wrote:
Zengeku3 wrote:What the hell man?

Gus, why don't you stop being so rude? You might not realize it, or refuse to admit it, but you are actually a quite skilled player even if you are under the delusion that you are mediocre. That doesn't mean that you've got the right to trash everyone around you who aren't as skilled as you are.
in short: He's so rude that it's funny :lol:
Whatever. It might work to an extent but this is way too much. He is literally telling Obscura that he is a pathetic scrub that will never get better so he might as well play 'gamemovies'.

He doesn't acknowledge the fact that some people doesn't improve as fast as others and he implies that anything but shmups is a waste of time. Which simply isn't true at all. Personally I might be a better shmupper if all I did was play shmups but I'd also be bored out of my mind.
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

This board is meant for players of all skill levels - from the beginners still finding their footing to pros eating pachi-o's for breakfast. Let's try to remember that. Especially early on even the smallest victories feel special, until one's skills develop more and you need to full-chain Guwange while sitting upside down with your back to the monitor to get a feeling of accomplishment.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
casualcoder

Post by casualcoder »

I think someone is getting addicted to fishing for attention... In my short time on here I'm starting to see a pattern.
Eaglet

Post by Eaglet »

Toooooop teeeeeeeeeeeeeeen. :mrgreen:
moozooh wrote:I think that approach won't get you far in Garegga.
Image Image
Randorama

Post by Randorama »

Gus wrote:Yeah, even my best score is better than that and I consider myself beyond horrible at DOJ. I think there comes a time where you gotta be honest with yourself, just realize that you're a fucking horrible player and that coming and being the worst poster on the board isn't going to help you improve. Realize that maybe, just maybe, these games aren't for you and that you'd get a lot more enjoyment out of playing one of those shitty gamemovies.
Ban, please.
Chomsky, Buckminster Fuller, Yunus and Glass would have played Battle Garegga, for sure.
chempop

Post by chempop »

Getting to DFK1.5 2-3 lately with A-Strong. I need to improve my first loop so I actually have resources for the second half of loop 2.

And remember, Gus insulting player's skill is just his way of talking dirty, it makes his weenie harden to a whopping 3".
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
casualcoder

Post by casualcoder »

Cagar wrote:
... Erppo was quite rude to me in same way, but it only makes my shmup-cock harder, and makes me want to play more... that one day I'm the one who's rude.

Now, Gus has succesfully annoyed Obscura (if he was even talking to him), and Obscura has an urge to beat Gus in every game.
Yeah,that's what's qulloquially known as "polishing a turd." There is plenty of space for constructive criticism, but this kind of behavior ultimately hurts the culture of a gaming community. I saw this with fighting games a few years ago where the top 5% scared off tons of potential newcomers (and, very often, all females) by acting like the one thing they don't completely suck at in life is completely untouchable except by the innately gifted few.

Imagine if you want to go ice skating and while you are stumbling everywhere but having a good time trying, some douche skates by every loop and blurts out passive-aggressive zingers like " look at me! I'm really bad at this but im at least twice as good as you!"..... WOOSH.. "I mean, really, try doing something that avoids using your lower torso!". ... WOOSH... "OH look, you didn't fall in the last 5 minutes, don't mistaken this for progress because you are either shit-for-life, or a natural by birthright.. Guess which one you are?"

In other words it's tiring and although I'm new here I did not expect half of the posts I'm interested in to devolve into this guy's attention-grabbing tactics (guilty for giving in!). I'm hoping a girl just left him or something but if he's always like this I'm reconsidering the value of starting a topic when I know it will just end like this one.
Drachenherz

Post by Drachenherz »

casualcoder wrote:
Cagar wrote:
... Erppo was quite rude to me in same way, but it only makes my shmup-cock harder, and makes me want to play more... that one day I'm the one who's rude.

Now, Gus has succesfully annoyed Obscura (if he was even talking to him), and Obscura has an urge to beat Gus in every game.
Yeah,that's what's qulloquially known as "polishing a turd." There is plenty of space for constructive criticism, but this kind of behavior ultimately hurts the culture of a gaming community. I saw this with fighting games a few years ago where the top 5% scared off tons of potential newcomers (and, very often, all females) by acting like the one thing they don't completely suck at in life is completely untouchable except by the innately gifted few.

Imagine if you want to go ice skating and while you are stumbling everywhere but having a good time trying, some douche skates by every loop and blurts out passive-aggressive zingers like " look at me! I'm really bad at this but im at least twice as good as you!"..... WOOSH.. "I mean, really, try doing something that avoids using your lower torso!". ... WOOSH... "OH look, you didn't fall in the last 5 minutes, don't mistaken this for progress because you are either shit-for-life, or a natural by birthright.. Guess which one you are?"

In other words it's tiring and although I'm new here I did not expect half of the posts I'm interested in to devolve into this guy's attention-grabbing tactics (guilty for giving in!). I'm hoping a girl just left him or something but if he's always like this I'm reconsidering the value of starting a topic when I know it will just end like this one.
Just put him on your personal ignorelist (eg: just don't read what he's writing) and go on with your posting. Feel free to post what you feel like posting and don't be irritated by him.

At least that's what I do from now on. Gus has completely disqualified himself as a worthwile poster, so whatever valuable he might have to say has been ruined by his shitty attitude for me.
Truth - Compassion - Tolerance
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

-
Last edited by Cagar on Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Cagar wrote:Stop crying already. If you get hurt that bad from one forum post, might as well leave now (including whole internet) since I'm sure Gus is not going to get banned.
Why don't you two get a room already? Or better yet, start your own forum - shmupsassholes.com?
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

-
Last edited by Cagar on Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drachenherz

Post by Drachenherz »

It's not about hurt feelings. It's about a guy who *might* have good advice, but by being a complete asshole he manages that nobody wants to listen to him.
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

Cagar wrote:If you get hurt that bad from one forum post, might as well leave now (including whole internet) since I'm sure Gus is not going to get banned.
Not over that one post, no - but he was issued a warning for it. Gather enough and you get a complimentary boot. Same applies to anyone who's unable to communicate with others in a civilized manner.

Now, back on topic.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

The thing about Gus is that he spends all this time getting these good scores in a hobby that seems completely trivial and inconsequential to the vast majority of the world, then alienates himself from the select few people who would embrace him for his accomplishments. It's like taking 10 years to make a painting, only to burn it upon completion before anyone can see it.

There's a real beauty to that and the Story of Gus.

Ok, back on topic. Uh, I beat SDOJ on a credit.
Smraedis

Post by Smraedis »

I think if you are good at a game, you shouldn't make everyone else feel bad because they aren't as good. It looks like some of the newer members here seem to think what level they are at, is the lowest anyone can be, and anyone under that shouldn't bother playing games.

Also it's quite normal for the better players to help out, and I think that is what makes someone good too.
The Unknown? I'm the one who knows!
My shmup achievements | and my Superplays!
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

And quite frankly the genre needs more fans, scaring people off isn't doing it any good.
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
Gus

Post by Gus »

Sorry Ghegs, but as this discussion still seems to be going, please, just give me the opportunity to clear my name a little.

Might be a good idea not to involve yourself in things you don't know the history behind, Mr. Noob. Obscura is pretty much a guy who's made a name for himself coming here and bitching about how hard even some of the easiest games in the genre are all the while acting as if playing shmups is some sort of self torture method for him. That post in question wasn't made for the sake of putting him down for sucking; it was what I honestly believe would be the best decision for him to make. I also think it's worth pointing out that aside from being annoying and ignorant as hell he hasn't contributed a dime to this genre as he refuses to buy a 360 or any of the official ports and just plays everything on slowpoke MAME. So anybody care to explain why I'm such a bad guy for advising him to quit?
It's not about hurt feelings. It's about a guy who *might* have good advice, but by being a complete asshole he manages that nobody wants to listen to him.
Bullshit. Plenty of times in the past and to an extent I still do offer insight and encouragement. The thing is most of the time it's gotten ignored whereas I can just come here, blow off some steam, and be guaranteed 4 or 5 replies next time I check back. It all just proves what I've said in the past. People would rather hide behind this "natural talent" bullshit than actually put forth the kind of time and effort required to get good. This board is all about teh drama.
Drachenherz

Post by Drachenherz »

gus wrote:stuff...
sorry, not listening... 8) :P
Eaglet

Post by Eaglet »

Drachenherz wrote: sorry, not listening... 8) :P
You do know that you're just proving him right by doing stuff like that... right?
moozooh wrote:I think that approach won't get you far in Garegga.
Image Image
Randorama

Post by Randorama »

Ok, I will address your latest post, Gus, from the topics I think to be more relevant to the discussion.
I also think it's worth pointing out that aside from being annoying and ignorant as hell he hasn't contributed a dime to this genre as he refuses to buy a 360 or any of the official ports and just plays everything on slowpoke MAME. So anybody care to explain why I'm such a bad guy for advising him to quit?
Your MANNERS on how you suggest things are completely outside the style of this board. Even if, content-wise, you do have some points to make, the way your argue your points are unacceptable.

Sorry, but THE shmups.com style we strived for is to use more tact and class with wayward posters, so that if they really want to learn something, they will find a nice environment. Your constant negativity in MANNERS is out of the rules, as far as I am concerned.

So:
Gus wrote: Might be a good idea not to involve yourself in things you don't know the history behind, Mr. Noob. Obscura is pretty much a guy who's made a name for himself coming here and bitching about how hard even some of the easiest games in the genre are all the while acting as if playing shmups is some sort of self torture method for him. That post in question wasn't made for the sake of putting him down for sucking; it was what I honestly believe would be the best decision for him to make.
Then, you're supposed to say this in the correct MANNER.

And:
Bullshit. Plenty of times in the past and to an extent I still do offer insight and encouragement. The thing is most of the time it's gotten ignored whereas I can just come here, blow off some steam, and be guaranteed 4 or 5 replies next time I check back. It all just proves what I've said in the past. People would rather hide behind this "natural talent" bullshit than actually put forth the kind of time and effort required to get good. This board is all about teh drama.
You're being part of the problem. Bashing whining attention-seekers is what makes them coming back, at least in certain cases. Especially if you do it in a rude way as you do, because it makes the attention-seeker feel authorized to whine, even if HE IS NOT.

This is not shoryuken.com, thanks.
Chomsky, Buckminster Fuller, Yunus and Glass would have played Battle Garegga, for sure.