SENSORIA. v1.0

A place for people with an interest in developing new shmups.
ForceDevice

SENSORIA. v1.0

Post by ForceDevice »

First post since 2009, yay! :P

So... this is what I've been working on for the past months. I could give you a description, but I guess these screenshots pretty much say it all:

ImageImageImageImageImage

And here are the download links:
http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/191236-sensoria
http://gamejolt.com/freeware/games/arca ... oria/6841/

Enjoy!
Also, I'd like some suggestions on how to make the boss warning message more Engrish-y. It's not supposed to be taken seriously.
Udderdude

Re: SENSORIA. v1.0

Post by Udderdude »

My first attempt at playing, I had a really hard time getting into it. The player and enemy sprites are huge compared to the tiny screen area. There's no sound effects, so it's hard to tell what's going on. And when I held down the fire button, my guy started glowing like he had a charge shot, but releasing the button did nothing.

This seems more like a 0.5 beta than a 1.0. Sorry to be rough.
ForceDevice

Re: SENSORIA. v1.0

Post by ForceDevice »

It's not supposed to be a charge shot, but a field that slows down enemy bullets so you can "eat" them when you kill an enemy. It's explained on the tutorial, I suggest you take a look at it.

And what do you mean there's no sound effects? :shock:
They may not be as loud as the music, but they're definitely audible.
Udderdude wrote: This seems more like a 0.5 beta than a 1.0. Sorry to be rough.
No problem, it's not like this is a huge project I expected to blow everyone away with. :P
And I do have plans of releasing an improved v1.1 (or maybe I should say v0.6 :P ) in the future, so any constructive criticism is welcome.