Kamui on the PC

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Diabollokus

Kamui on the PC

Post by Diabollokus »

Was going through the ole xenocide files there and noticed a PC title called kamui thats a similar style to layer section/soukyugurentai has anyone managed to ''acquire it'' in full version as it sounds rather good!

Its supposedly japan only, if any of you guys have played her is it the same standard as layer or souky?
Vidi Vici Veni
PsikyoPshumpPshooterP

Post by PsikyoPshumpPshooterP »

get this game. It rocks so hard.I bought this game from 20 bucks off of someone from this forum. the gameplay are really nice, music kicks ass, and the gameplay is great. probably the best PC shmup i have ever played.
The cave whore count in this thread is unbelievable!!!
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

It's actually has both Layer Section and Souky elements mixed together, and it truly does make an awesome combination. Great game indeed!
Bar81

Post by Bar81 »

This game kicks ass all over the place. The TRUE sequel to Rayforce/Layer Section. Just incredible. Worth many times the $30 I paid for it when Himeyasoft still had it. The latest patches have just made it that much sweeter although the MIDI soundtrack, provided you actually have hardware based MIDI gear, still owns over the still excellent CDDA/OGG soundfiles.
Diabollokus

Post by Diabollokus »

Thats one hell of an impression, where can I find this marvel, ebay and yahoo have turned up empty.
Vidi Vici Veni
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Diabollokus wrote:Thats one hell of an impression, where can I find this marvel, ebay and yahoo have turned up empty.
The problem is two-fold: it's no longer in production (Siter Skain REALLY need to do another re-issue of the game), and those who have it are most likely not going to part with it (I'm not).

The original release of the game came in a purple DVD case. I snagged it from Himeya Soft before they stopped carrying it.

The second release (which included some of the patches) was in a standard CD jewel case.

Your best bet to find it now may be to put in a request with Palet Mail Service. I don't think Himeya Soft can get it anymore. Otherwise, keep an eye on the Trading Station here and on E-Bay... you might get lucky.

But in all seriousness, this game is worth it!
Fighter17
Banned User

Post by Fighter17 »

Not on ebay this game. :(
Diabollokus

Post by Diabollokus »

Thanx kiken I'll have to keep me ears on the ground but what are the running requirements? Will it run on a windows xp machine?

I'd planned to pick up a half decent laptop soon and a combination of saturn pc pad and kamui would go down well.
Vidi Vici Veni
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Diabollokus wrote:Thanx kiken I'll have to keep me ears on the ground but what are the running requirements? Will it run on a windows xp machine?

I'd planned to pick up a half decent laptop soon and a combination of saturn pc pad and kamui would go down well.
System Requirements:

Pentium 166 (233 or better recommended)
8X CD-ROM Drive
Windows 95/98/ME*
32 MB of RAM (64 MB recommended)
Direct X3 (Direct X7 recommended)

*The original release was optimized for 95/98/ME. You can D/L patches to make it run better in 2K and XP, although they aren't necessary. The newer release of the game is optimized for all 5 iterations of the OS.

Keep in mind that this game started production back in 1999 and was released in 2001. It's rather old.

Have you tried out the 2 stage demo? If not, D/L it from here:
http://www.siterskain.com/products/data ... index.html
Scroll down to the bottom and D/L the file called KamuiTrialSetup.exe
F4 toggles between window and fullscreen, BTW.