Xeno Fighters R (2019 GM Studio Port)

A place for people with an interest in developing new shmups.
skyrish10

Re: Xeno Fighters R (v0.10 Beta)

Post by skyrish10 »

Skyknight wrote:In addition, new formats are being schemed for 4B's boss and 6A's location. Besides, Alluro has projects besides this. No point in forcing the issue.
what projects are.
EddyMRA

Post by EddyMRA »

skyrish10 wrote:what projects are.
The project is called "Real Life". I have a life outside of making a fangame as a hobby.
The age of Alluro and JudgeSpear is over.
Skyknight

Post by Skyknight »

Well, I was also thinking in terms of Super Mario Fusion & Co....But I think the point remains that XFR isn't the be-all and end-all of your existence.
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

Due to Alluro coming down with a terminal case of cooties, I am posting the patch notes for the next version (now dubbed .11a.)

Code: Select all

Xeno Fighters R - v0.11a Changelog
=================================

NEW COMPLETED STAGES:
=====================
Stage EX-A: Nightmare Chicken World
-A vast playhouse of horrors featuring Cacodemon, Lost Soul, and Pain Elemental sprites from the Doom games
-Boss: ZODICK The Hellhog

New feature list:
-Slowdown button
-Checkpoints are added to each level!
-Inertia mode (locked to enabled by default; must clear stage 9 on the first credit to disable)
-Cutscenes added. These are not yet skippable.

MAJOR CHANGES:
==============
-DoDonPachi ship Type B added to the roster. It has been given the Vic Viper arsenal as a placeholder.
-Marisa (PCB variant) added to the roster. Missile switches to A type, Laser switches to B type.
-Gengar, Twinbee, and Winbee have been re-added to the roster.
-Amada Vipros, Xelcor, Zaiva, and Phyxius have been removed and have been replaced by the Raiden Fighters planes Aegis IV, Beast Wing, Griffin, and Chaser 2000 respectively.
-Ultima-X has been in the game for a while, but to access it, you have to die 255 times in a single game. Now that everyone knows how to get it, this build will feature its power significantly reduced.
-Extends now given every 100 medals and 20 million points.
-Bullet count vastly increased.
-Sniper tanks, idle destructable scenery and ground enemies removed.
-Due to the voice in the intro being deemed too nerdy, it has been replaced with the voice talent graciously provided by Domino (aka Fighter17).

BUGS AND ISSUES SOLVED:
=======================
-Game now correctly region locked to not play in the United Kingdom.
-PMC intro improperly plays.
-All PMC data files removed.
-Everything that might actually have been a good idea was removed.
-Ships' 25 power levels accessible. Only the first 5 have been available due to a bug.

BALANCE CHANGES:
================
-Ultima-X: Bomb deals 5% less damage per frame.
-P-38: Current weaponry has been removed, now only fires the canonical real-life dual .30-06, dual .50, and 20mm autocannon armament.
-Gummi Bear Ship: The conditions to allow this to appear on the select screen have been fixed.
so long and tanks for all the spacefish
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
<Megalixir> i'm stuck in a hobby with gays
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

That is... TERRIFIC! :shock:
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
S20-TBL

Post by S20-TBL »

April Fools. :lol:
--Papilio v0.9 Beta now on itch.io! (development thread)--
Xyga wrote:Blondest eyelashes ever.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

S20-TBL wrote:April Fools. :lol:
Just for the record, I was aware. The "sprites from the Doom games" was the reveal for me. :lol:
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
S20-TBL

Post by S20-TBL »

emphatic wrote:Just for the record, I was aware. The "sprites from the Doom games" was the reveal for me. :lol:
Lol, the reveal for me was Marisa and the U.K. region locking. The Doom reference came off sort of awkward, but didn't hit me as anything odd for some reason considering there's an entire level dedicated to Guardic Gaiden/Guardian Legend in the actual version. :lol:

Then again the terminal case of cooties and the unlockable inertia disabling should have been it... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bonus points for "everything that could have been a good idea was removed." 8)
EddyMRA

Post by EddyMRA »

Should have been something there about Gengar making a return!
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Pikachu or bust.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

No Wii Remote? Why?

:P
EddyMRA

Post by EddyMRA »

A new development tidbit: I was able to switch to a GM Surface-based rendering system. Using the resources that ptoing and Drum sent me, I was able to make an initialization routine that automatically sets up the surface rendering, but intelligently reverts to the default rendering system if a particular video hardware specification does not support GM surfaces.

What does this mean? For one, I can now emulate scanlines found on older CRT monitors. Later on, I can also scale up the game window without blurring or ugly artifacts.

New stage under development:

Stage 4-B (2035 Iceland) (3% complete): In Xeno Fighters R, this stage has been given a winter makeover. You start off flying high above the snowbound fjords of wintry Iceland:
Then you descend through the clouds and make a surface strike against waiting BRES ground and naval forces:
ImageImage
You then encounter the gaping maw in the earth that leads miles deep underground...
...in a geologically unstable magma chamber:
ImageImage
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Ah, cool update! As soon as I saw that it was Iceland I thought of Volcanoes. 8) Sorry to sound like a broken record, but this new surface-based rendering, will it help with implementing TATE?
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

emphatic wrote:Ah, cool update! As soon as I saw that it was Iceland I thought of Volcanoes. 8) Sorry to sound like a broken record, but this new surface-based rendering, will it help with implementing TATE?
I asked Alluro on MSN that when he gets around to mucking with the advanced functions of surfaces that he try making TATE out of surfaces to see how it'd behave. I'm unsure as to whether the scaling-related bug in Game Maker with the use of Views will occur using surfaces as well, however.
S20-TBL

Post by S20-TBL »

BPzeBanshee wrote:I'm unsure as to whether the scaling-related bug in Game Maker with the use of Views will occur using surfaces as well, however.
It's still there, but no longer as evident as it would have been without surfaces. Surface drawing makes everything look much cleaner, with or without interpolation.
EddyMRA

Post by EddyMRA »

I should be able to do true TATE with or without the surface rendering.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Alluro wrote:I should be able to do true TATE with or without the surface rendering.
That is awesome!
FoxReeveheart

Post by FoxReeveheart »

marisa... from touhou? o.o

DO WANT! Wish it wasn't april fools ._.
Avalon

Post by Avalon »

Yeah, also want even a single Touhou character.

Also, please release 0.11 for us! I have screamed enough at Blue Optomon in TGL as it is, so I feel like screaming at Blue Optomon in your game instead.
EddyMRA

Post by EddyMRA »

No Touhou. Many many people have asked, requested, begged, and pestered since 2009 to put in Touhou stuff, but every time it has been declined.

No Touhou, and that will not change.
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

i want a floating penis as a ship
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
mjclark
Banned User

Post by mjclark »

Alluro wrote:No Touhou, and that will not change.
Hurray-this truly confirms the brilliance of Xeno Fighters!!! :D :D :D :D :D
MEGAMANXPERTSico
Banned User

Post by MEGAMANXPERTSico »

link for recent version plz
No "signature" is found in our database.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

MEGAMANXPERTSico wrote:link for recent version plz
See first page kthxbai
nZero

Post by nZero »

Twiddle wrote:i want a floating penis as a ship
What about the disembodied head of a dog?

(I don't think that Charlie is ever going to finish Space Phallus :cry:)
Skyknight

Post by Skyknight »

Not that I get how a Touhou character would fit, given (a) the general scale of enemy and normal character vessel size (although, between Miyamoto, Miria, and Michelle, this might not be much of an argument), (b) this isn't the same shmup sub-genre (from the replays I've seen, the original Don Pachi arguably straddles between manic and danmaku styles; thus, Don Pachi, through Biaxe, if it's still planned on being in here, is probably the limit on how close to danmaku a donor game should be), and (c) the tone is MUCH more serious than Touhou's.

(Are we next going to hear clamoring for the inclusion of Zatsuza as a hidden boss...?)
FoxReeveheart

Post by FoxReeveheart »

Alluro wrote:No Touhou. Many many people have asked, requested, begged, and pestered since 2009 to put in Touhou stuff, but every time it has been declined.

Son, I am disappoint.

Funny part is I have never played a touhou game ever... but after seeing fan made comics and something called the M-1 grand prix I became an instant lover of the unique characters =p but still haven't played a touhou game.

edit: hope the zapdos love is good love
Last edited by FoxReeveheart on Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
sikraiken

Post by sikraiken »

FoxReeveheart wrote:
Alluro wrote:No Touhou. Many many people have asked, requested, begged, and pestered since 2009 to put in Touhou stuff, but every time it has been declined.

Son, I am disappoint.

Funny part is I have never played a touhou game ever... but after seeing fan made comics and something called the M-1 grand prix I became an instant lover of the unique characters =p but still haven't played a touhou game.
Kill me now.
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

FoxReeveheart wrote:

Son, I am disappoint.

kill yourself
unban shw
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

FoxReeveheart wrote:

Son, I am disappoint.

Oh FFS it's the last thing everyone needs, a fucking loli in a serious shmup. If I had got 10 dollars everytime someone wanted touhou in XF-R. I would be rich already. So put it simply if you're dissapointed and don't get it. It's a simple FUCK NO.
Zenodyne R - My 2nd Steam Shmup