Crisis Zone PS-2 & Arcade....

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
ST Dragon
Banned User

Crisis Zone PS-2 & Arcade....

Post by ST Dragon »

Hello.
Is Crisis Zone (Namco) for the PS-2, the exact same game as Crisis Zone for the SYSTEM SUPER 23 Namco Arcade HARDWARE?

I played Crisis Zone (Arcade) in Summer 2000 at the Arcades & I loved the Level layout & gameplay, so I would like to know if the PS-2 version shares the exact same levels & gameplay & whether it's a an arcade perfect port, before I waste my hard earned money on it.
What I really liked in the Arcade version, was the ability to protect your self with a shield. It was funny that it could even with-stand the rockets fired by the Attack-Heli Boss at the end of Shopping-Center Stage!
That was so cool! :D
Is this level & helicopter in the PS-2 version as well?
Also does the PS-2 version have a 2-Player simultaneous cooperative mode?

I'm also planning to get the G-Con2 Light Gun for it.

Thanks in advance.

The PS-2 & Arcade game covers are completely different though.
The Swat Guys with the cool Mecha-type helmets look so much better than the cheesy chaps in the PS-2 cover imo…

Arcade:
http://www.system16.com/namco/hrdw_systemsuper23.html

http://www.arcadeflyers.net/?page=flyer ... bs&id=1601

http://www.arcadeflyers.net/?page=flyer ... bs&id=3690

Image[/img]

PS-2:

username

Post by username »

I haven't played the PS2 port of Crisis Zone, but the visuals and sounds were supposedly improved for the home port, as the PS2 is a bit more powerful than the arcade hardware the game ran on. They also added some missions and such on top of the normal arcade mode.

I don't believe there is a true two player mode, but you can unlock dual gun mode in the game, which may allow a second gun to be used (I don't know for sure, so hopefully someone else has tried it out and can say for certain).
LoneSage

Post by LoneSage »

I've been a huge light gun fan for years, and when I got this I was incredibly disappointed. Crisis Zone (arcade) is great because you can destroy everything with this awesome looking machine gun...I never realized why people wanted a home port of it so bad, because the GunCon 2 is not a machine gun. It isn't fun for me to hold down the trigger forever on the GC2 and wave it around so easily like a machine gun; it just misses that crucial arcade flavor it so desperately needed. A shame a third-party or Namco themselves haven't made a machine-light gun for this game, that'd be excellent.

Now if you want some of the best damn light gun shootin on your PS2, look no further than Time Crisis 3.
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

LoneSage wrote:Now if you want some of the best damn light gun shootin on your PS2, look no further than Time Crisis 3.
seconded.

oh and speaking of two gun mode. my brothers girlfriend used to plau HotD 2 obessively on DC. she could blast through that mother with 2 guns like nothing.
I have no sig whatsoever.
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

I didn't buy Crisis Zone due to the fact that it's a re-enhanced version of the original game which was made in 1999. After a certain website told me this, it put me right off the whole idea of buying it.

If you use anything other then some hand gun, it's not the same. If you're using a guncon 2 in real life, and you have a shotgun on screen, it doesn't really make a hell of alot of sense.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
Smraedis

Post by Smraedis »

Its quite good, but how bright the screen goes when you shoot can get a bit annoying.
The port felt a bit easy too..
LoneSage

Post by LoneSage »

Smraedis wrote:Its quite good, but how bright the screen goes when you shoot can get a bit annoying.
Oh yeah, that also really threw me off. On my screen, it was horrible..justa bunch of white mist rising up what it looked like, literally.
UnscathedFlyingObject

Post by UnscathedFlyingObject »

^ there's an Option that lets you diminish the amount of fog. It makes things somewhat bearable.
"Sooo, what was it that you consider a 'good salary' for a man to make?"
"They should at least make 100K to have a good life"
LoneSage

Post by LoneSage »

I had no idea about that, thanks.
ST Dragon
Banned User

Post by ST Dragon »

OK.
I got Crisis Zone for the PS-2. Great arcade port, graphics, sound & gameplay are all there.
But what I found very annoying is that when ever you shoot with the G-Con2 light gun, the whole screen gets filled up with grey smoke/fog (Supposedly from the gun's repetitive fire power…)
I find this very annoying & distracting & does not allow you enjoy the graphics to their full extent.
If you play the game with the regular PS-2 Joypad there is no smoke/fog effect but the game isn't as playable as when using the G-Con2.

Is there anyway to completely eliminate annoying retarded grey smoke/fog effect?

There is an option to reduce the flashing on the screen but that didn't fix the smoke/fog problem.

Is it the same in Time Crisis 2, 3 & Vampire Night for the PS-2 as well?
I was thinking about getting those too, but I wouldn't want to waste money if they also have this smoke/fog effect when firing with the G-Con2?!....
I hate playing these games with joypads.

Any info will be highly appreciated.
Thanks.
TalkingOctopus

Post by TalkingOctopus »

I have never played crisis zone, but I have both tc 2 and 3. They are both excellent. No smoke effect! Only the normal screen flashing.
ST Dragon
Banned User

Post by ST Dragon »

Is the screen flashing in TC 2,3 & Vampire Night annoying like in House of The Dead 2 for the DC?
Can you eliminate it like in Crisis Zone?
TalkingOctopus

Post by TalkingOctopus »

ST Dragon wrote:Is the screen flashing in TC 2,3 & Vampire Night annoying like in House of The Dead 2 for the DC?
Can you eliminate it like in Crisis Zone?
I think it's less annoying than the DC flash. I don't think it can be eliminated.
ST Dragon
Banned User

Post by ST Dragon »

So is there a way to Completely eliminate the fog/smoke thing in Crisis Zone while using the G-Con2?