help...ibara is too big for my cab screen

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
jonny5

help...ibara is too big for my cab screen

Post by jonny5 »

nm....there was a jumper on the neckboard that changes from wide to normal....it was set to wide

duh.....

at least i didnt fry anything.....lolz
The Sheep

Post by The Sheep »

now that sounds interesting. I also was wondering about the picture oversize of the SH3 boards. Is there a jumper to change that ? Which one ?
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

apparently, at least on my monitor and on nanao chassis' there is a single prong jumper that is for wide and normal screen settings....mine was set to wide by default so i just had to switch it normal

grantspain at killercabs had the schematics for my chassis handy cuz he was helping me with some issues i was having and he told me right away where to find it....its right beside the flyback transformer on the chassis

but ya....its all sorted now

man this game is beautiful!!!

we compared the PS2 version to this side by side...and i have my ps2 hooked up to an NEC xm29 xtra screen so its the same size as the screen in my cab

the pcb looks soooooooo much better
The Sheep

Post by The Sheep »

pity. I thought you were talking about a switch on the game pcb. The Ibara picture is bigger than on the earlier Cave PCBs, and on the cabinet I currently play Espgaluda II (same hardware than Ibara) the knob to change that is broken. :?
Chi_Ryu

Post by Chi_Ryu »

Alas, there is nothing on the SH-3 boards themselves that changes the output in any way (I've tried all the dip switches, the only one that has any effeect is the first one that fucks up the output and stops the game from booting till it is turned off :p).
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

what type of cab/monitor do you have....you might have the same jumper as mine....if its a nanao monitor/chassis it will have this jumper..just switch it to normal....its right by the flyback transformer on the chassis
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

jonny5 wrote:apparently, at least on my monitor and on nanao chassis' there is a single prong jumper that is for wide and normal screen settings....mine was set to wide by default so i just had to switch it normal

grantspain at killercabs had the schematics for my chassis handy cuz he was helping me with some issues i was having and he told me right away where to find it....its right beside the flyback transformer on the chassis

but ya....its all sorted now

man this game is beautiful!!!

we compared the PS2 version to this side by side...and i have my ps2 hooked up to an NEC xm29 xtra screen so its the same size as the screen in my cab

the pcb looks soooooooo much better
I've been saying this all along that if you have the necessary means to play the Ibara PCB, it does run circles around the PS2 port of the same name any ol'd day and none of that interlaced "foggy" issue plaguing the port ... ^_~

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Last edited by PC Engine Fan X! on Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ozymandiaz1260

Post by Ozymandiaz1260 »

Yeah, Ibara was one of my first PCBs, and I felt a little silly (stupid) for spending $300 on a game that I already had for PS2, but after I got it it was absolutely beautiful. Totally worth it :D
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

and i kinda enjoy the rank system...it gives the game a much higher replay value because depending in how well you do the patterns and difficulty are completely different

this game will keep me busy for quite a while i think
zlk

Post by zlk »

Anyone know how to adjust this for an Atomiswave cab? The manual adjustments in the front are shrunken to the max, and the display is still too wide. I have no idea what to do (or which knobs to turn) if I open up the back of the cab.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

not sure what chassis you have but pull out the monitor and look for a single prong jumper right by the flyback transformer that has 2 possible ports...one should say wide and the other norm....

switch the jumper to norm

problem should be sorted
kernow

Post by kernow »

zlk wrote:Anyone know how to adjust this for an Atomiswave cab? The manual adjustments in the front are shrunken to the max, and the display is still too wide. I have no idea what to do (or which knobs to turn) if I open up the back of the cab.
I have this problem on other boards, it can't be solved by tweaking the VR7 (v.size) pot on the chassis. its a wei-ya 3192D more than likely.

And no jumper exists on this chassis either. it sucks.
D

Post by D »

I had this pcb once Shogun Warriors, that was too small for the screen.
I was not able to stretch it out enough to fill the screen!
I bet the resolution is really low!
http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=9525
zlk

Post by zlk »

Thanks kernow!
zlk

Post by zlk »

Kernow, what do I do if I have VR7 turned as far as possible and the screen is too large? Anyone else know?
kernow

Post by kernow »

Is it an original chassis/tube combination? nothings been changed?

Have you tried turning VR7 the other way?

A photo might help, it *could be* that your 15K B+ pot is up too high but I'd leave that adjustment until last as you shouldn't really be touching it.

The only time I've had this problem is when the tube didn't exactly match the chassis and no matter what I did with the chassis v.size pot it wouldn't bring it in enough, I changed the chassis to one that was identically matched and it was fine after.
Jack Burton

Post by Jack Burton »

I wonder how big the difference is now between the pcb and the ps2 port with ibara running at 240p with the patch. If you didn't know about this then check it out.http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... interlaced
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

even patched ibara looks like shit on PS2.....the PCB looks beautiful....the PS2 port looks like a different game its so ugly comparatively
Jack Burton

Post by Jack Burton »

jonny5 wrote:even patched ibara looks like shit on PS2.....the PCB looks beautiful....the PS2 port looks like a different game its so ugly comparatively
Really? You were gushing over how good it looked in that thread I linked to. Somebody else said "now it looks almost identical to my ibara black label pcb."

I'm guessing that you hadn't played the pcb at the time. I haven't either. But what about eretsua. He had the pcb and still said it looked almost identical.

Maybe I'll hunt down a cheap ibara pcb. I'm starting to really like it. However, I prefer the arranged version of the game more. I can customize everything more to my liking.
mortified_penguin

Post by mortified_penguin »

I'm having the same exact problem but I can't find a jumper anywhere. Truth be told, I'm not even sure what kind of monitor I have. It's a 25" Neotec.....something. :?

Edit: It's a nt-2515c
zlk

Re: help...ibara is too big for my cab screen

Post by zlk »

This may be of help to solve the ibara problem: http://www.arcaderepairtips.com/2010/04 ... idth-coil/

The other videos on the site are also very useful.