Looking for a good HDMI Video Selector.

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Rock Man

Looking for a good HDMI Video Selector.

Post by Rock Man »

My ultimate entertainment set-up should be coming to a head very soon...

This time I need an inexpensive reliable HDMI Multi-Switcher, for use with my Xbox 360, S-Video to HDMI Converter, possibly a VCR+DVD combo, and so fourth and so on. In this, case 5 slots or more would be most preferable but if that's too difficult, 4 is good. Thankfully, this matter won't be as dire like my Scart Switch situation was!

So, can you guys point me in the direction of a good Switch Box? I need it without any lag and minimal or zero quality loss. The lag thing is crucial since I play a lot of fighting games, shmups, side-scrollers, etc. I can't have input lag getting in the way when I'm executing combos.

In other words I seek one that's gaming specific. Referrals?
Last edited by Rock Man on Wed May 26, 2010 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
StarCreator

Re: Looking for a good HDMI Video Selector.

Post by StarCreator »

Several of my friends have Monoprice HDMI switches that work pretty damn well.
Rock Man

Post by Rock Man »

This is a very good choice, I'll keep it in mind. Any others just incase the website runs out of them? I'm trying to spread out my options.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

By now practically all the HDMI (matrix) switches are pretty good. Delay and picture degradation are no problems at all and handshake issues with HDCP sources are problems of the past as well. I would just make sure to buy an active switch (with power supply) and a remote. That's usually only a $10 difference and definitely worth it.
Rock Man

Post by Rock Man »

Thanks guys. I've had a chance to think about it and after careful consideration, the Monoprice HDMI Switcher appears to suit my needs perfectly. I'm sure there are other common ones out there but for now I'm focusing on this.