Strikers 1945 2 PCB audio whining

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
neorichieb1971

Strikers 1945 2 PCB audio whining

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Hi guys,

I just installed my Strikers 1945 2 board today and find the game brilliant beyond words. The PCB looks brand new like its never been used with a silky green finish to the whole board. When I boot it up on my NAC cabinet I immediately noticed a whining audio that changes pitch with the colours that are shown on screen. Screens with text on it seem to omit the most whining but that might be because there is more white on the screen that other areas. There are no other faults with the board as it looks and otherwise plays perfect. The whining is quite loud though. I was wondering if there is a simple fix for this or some workaround.

I played with the NAC volume control and the PCB volume control. The PCB volume control seemed a bit sensitive to the touch.

I just took an Alcon PCB out which had zero interference, it runs silent in fact. So does this Strikers 1945 2 PCB require some attention?

Please let me know, it spoils what is in fact an awesome game.

Thanks.

Richie.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
neorichieb1971

Re: Strikers 1945 2 PCB audio whining

Post by neorichieb1971 »

I'm taking this to a vendor of PCB's since i'm picking up a PCB next weekend. In the meantime if anyone has any ideas!!!
system11

Post by system11 »

Is the whining coming from the speaker or from the screen? It's quite common for some screens to whine depending on precise sync and video voltage. Testing it on another cab would be a good idea.
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Definitely from the speaker. The whining is controllable from the PCB volume control and the NAC volume control. Its also the only PCB that makes a noise like that. I've had quite a few PCB 's on that cab with no problem.
system11

Post by system11 »

NAC volume control? I assume that's a cab one. Turn the game on, have it playing as some 'normal' volume, then turn the cab control down and the PCB one up to maintain the same volume as before - does the volume of the whining noise change in relation to the game audio?
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org