anyone here published a 2d shooter?

A place for people with an interest in developing new shmups.
Xonatron

anyone here published a 2d shooter?

Post by Xonatron »

Has any developers here published a 2d shooter?
Matthew Doucette, Xona Games
Score Rush Extended [PS4]: viewtopic.php?t=55520
Kotai

Post by Kotai »

I'm create a 2D shooter online up to 8 players: www.nemesis.remakesonline.com but not publishe yet.

Kotai.
Xonatron

Post by Xonatron »

Very cool! For the PC? You wouldn't be able to publish it because it's not your copyrights, right?
Xonatron

Post by Xonatron »

Have any videos of the gameplay?
Kotai

Post by Kotai »

No videos (I will make a video when relase new version), but you can download game and test. For now only 4 stages in beta version.

Game are full free. At menu you can see "this is a non profit game based on the original saga Nemesis by © Konami 1986-1988" for not problems with copyright.

You can donwload a beta version at: www.nemesis.remakesonline.com

Kotai.
landshark

Post by landshark »

Kotai - you should start a new thread for your game. It's an interesting mix for a shmup (being that it has a chatroom, online games, etc...).
SiKrAiKeN: While I don't think everyone here -is- a Ninja Turtle, I DO believe everyone here has the potential to be a Ninja Turtle. No doubt.
Kotai

Post by Kotai »

Xonatron

Post by Xonatron »

Kotai wrote:Hi Matthew Doucette, Some videos:
'
Looks good! No sounds?
Kotai

Post by Kotai »

I did a failure and the sound was not recorded.

I have to return to record the videos in online game with more players and with sound :roll:

Kotai.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Very pretty. No enemy bullets? Plenty of powerups though. :D

Emph
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Kotai

Re: anyone here published a 2d shooter?

Post by Kotai »

New version of Nemesis Online with 38 stages.

http://www.remakesonline.com/nemesis

Kotai
ForeverSublime

Post by ForeverSublime »

Whether a project is for profit or not does not change the ownership of the IP nor permit its use.
Kotai

Post by Kotai »

I am sorry, i do not understand you

game do not work ? what error/problem you have ?
ForeverSublime

Post by ForeverSublime »

Kotai wrote:I am sorry, i do not understand you

game do not work ? what error/problem you have ?
Me?

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer. I am not working under a lawyer, and I anything I have said or will say should not be construed as legal advice.

I was referring to this statement, which is incorrect:
Kotai wrote: Game are full free. At menu you can see "this is a non profit game based on the original saga Nemesis by © Konami 1986-1988" for not problems with copyright.
I don't personally have a vested interest in this issue, so I don't care other than to correct legal misinformation that could get someone else in trouble by relying on your statements. Such a mistake should be considered with care on a subforum dedicated to developing games (especially in a thread about people with experience publishing games, where one's experience may indicate their information holds more weight).

I don't intend to sound mean to you. I know my use of language is not more clear, I apologize. Forgive that. :D
fredrikpj

Post by fredrikpj »

Just a headsup, if Konami finds your game to misrepresent their IP, they can take actions.
Nintendo did a similar thing to the Zelda movie that some fans had made, now taken down.

Engine of yours seems to run great :)
Sasupoika

Post by Sasupoika »

There has been quite many shmups actually. Very few have been shareware. For example XOP was originally shareware. Now it and XOP Black are freeware.

I am myself developing a shmup. Of course, since I am embodiment of laziness, I barely get any work done.
Recent video about special bullets. ( Youtube. Also keep your volume low, my sound-recording is terrible. )
Older video demonstrating effects of rank. ( .mp4 )
ImageImage
ForeverSublime

Post by ForeverSublime »

fredrikpj wrote:Just a headsup, if Konami finds your game to misrepresent their IP, they can take actions.
Even if they don't find it to misrepresent, they can still take action. Sometimes property holders are obligated to protect their property or else they can lose the clarity of their rights to it. There are many reasons, but I've had it explained part of the reasoning is that the courts don't want to appear to play favorites - might look bad when a case of Big$ v. Small$ comes up (or the other way around).

Here's an example on why "Soul Edge" was changed to "Soul Calibur" and more:

http://kotaku.com/5273141/trademark-tro ... taken-down
fredrikpj

Post by fredrikpj »

ForeverSublime wrote:
fredrikpj wrote:Just a headsup, if Konami finds your game to misrepresent their IP, they can take actions.
Even if they don't find it to misrepresent, they can still take action. Sometimes property holders are obligated to protect their property or else they can lose the clarity of their rights to it. There are many reasons, but I've had it explained part of the reasoning is that the courts don't want to appear to play favorites - might look bad when a case of Big$ v. Small$ comes up (or the other way around).

Here's an example on why "Soul Edge" was changed to "Soul Calibur" and more:

http://kotaku.com/5273141/trademark-tro ... taken-down
Haha, awesome, what a nut though :D
Still, great promotion for him :)
TMR

Post by TMR »

fredrikpj wrote:Haha, awesome, what a nut though :D
Oh, he's totally barking... not sure it's good PR for him though, since he started drawing serious attention to himself there have been stories coming out of the woodwork at an alarming rate and there are a couple of places like Chaos Edge dedicated to watching and documenting what he's doing - give that a read from back to front because it's scary and fascinating in equal measure (especially since they appear to be his only customers!)
fredrikpj

Post by fredrikpj »

TMR wrote:
fredrikpj wrote:Haha, awesome, what a nut though :D
Oh, he's totally barking... not sure it's good PR for him though, since he started drawing serious attention to himself there have been stories coming out of the woodwork at an alarming rate and there are a couple of places like Chaos Edge dedicated to watching and documenting what he's doing - give that a read from back to front because it's scary and fascinating in equal measure (especially since they appear to be his only customers!)
Read about him, and all I can say is I'm confident Karma has some nasty things coming his way...

Thanks TMR, after reading that I won't post anything from my game on my deviantart page..
MyGameCompany

Post by MyGameCompany »

Sorry I'm a bit late to the discussion. It's been a couple of months since I've been on here (still trying to get over pneumonia).

I published a 2D shooter last year: "The Adventures of Rick Rocket". You have the freedom to fly in any direction on a 2D plane, and each level has a unique mission (level 1 is a bit like Asteroids, level 2 is all dogfighting (like Time Pilot), etc). It's available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.

Image Image
Image Image

The game's page on my site is here:
http://www.mygamecompany.com/Products/R ... t/main.htm
Troy Hepfner
My Game Company
http://www.mygamecompany.com