Trouble with Gunbird 2 and DC SCART

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
evil_ash_xero

Trouble with Gunbird 2 and DC SCART

Post by evil_ash_xero »

I just got a SCART cable(Japanese) for my DC, and everything works aces except for Gunbird 2, which will not give me a picture. This is strange, considering Bangai-O will work fine. I'm positive this is with the game(which is a burnt disc). I have an original, but I don't want to open the package, and I think it would have problems anyway. Should I look for a patched game or something like that?

Maybe it's heard all that smack i've been talking about Psikyo over the years.
Fudoh

Re: Trouble with Gunbird 2 and DC SCART

Post by Fudoh »

There are quite a few japanese DC games which won't work with the RGB cable. I'm not sure about Gunbird 2, but SF Zero 3 is an example for such a game. Those games will work with S-Video and most often with VGA, just not with RGB.

Bangai-oh on the other hand is one of the games not working with VGA, but with RGB instead.
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

That's just weird.

EDIT: I found a RGB fixed version. I'll give it a go.
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

I was able to boot up my official USA region DC Gunbird port on my USA region DC console with viletim's SCART to Jamma adapter & on an XRGB-2 upscan convertor as well...works like a charm. I, also, use a Japanese DC RGB cable setup. The official USA release of GB-2 from Capcom does support Composite Video, S-Video and even Japanese RGB ouput from the get-go. Looks great when tate'd on a low-res 15kHz arcade-spec monitor setup, preferrably a 29" one, for maximum effect & overall presentation.

Of course, you can't beat the real deal that is a bonafide Psikyo produced GB-2 arcade PCB though. Tis a shame that Psikyo wasn't able to include a proper tate'd opening intro if you're playing in that particular mode for completeness on the GB-2 DC port (like how it is present on the PCB version). Even Psikyo was able to include a proper tate'd opening intro of it's Strikers 1945 II shmup title on the Japanese PSX platform (tate option + tate'd opening intro was blantantly removed in Agetech's release of USA PSX port "Strikers 1945" better known as S-1945 II along with a chock full of extra supplemental user content).

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~