Can a Marvel/Capcom TE Arcade stick be modded to play PS2?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
mydyinghyde

Can a Marvel/Capcom TE Arcade stick be modded to play PS2?

Post by mydyinghyde »

I recently picked up the MadCatz Marvel vs Capcom Arcade Stick Tournament Edition for my Xbox 360. It appears to be exactly the same as the Street Fighter 4 TE Arcade Stick. I don't care what anyone says. I've had an excellent time shmuping with this stick. Though I have been consideration the possibility of checking out a Seimitsui joystick, just because everybody seems to prefer those instead. Anyway I am dying to use this with my PS2 slim. I have been searching around and all I've found was how to use a PS2 controller on a 360. But I need it to be the other way around so I can jammout on Gradius V and so on... without breaking my wallet or my fiance breaking my head :wink:
StarCreator

Re: Can a Marvel/Capcom TE Arcade stick be modded to play PS2?

Post by StarCreator »

It -can- be done - you need to find a non-common ground PCB to use and dual-mod. There should be a dual-modding guide on SRK.
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

StarCreator wrote:It -can- be done - you need to find a non-common ground PCB to use and dual-mod. There should be a dual-modding guide on SRK.
I think you mean a common-ground. A non-common ground PCB would be a major pain to get working in a dual-mod setup.
mydyinghyde

Post by mydyinghyde »

Thanks for the info. I checked out SRK on the net and it is indeed quite a bit of work. I'm going to start doing some modding but I'm gonna hold off with installing the dual config until I have an extensive amount of time to make sure that I don't jackup my TE stick. In some ways I'd feel more comfy creating an arcade stick from scratch, you know using something other than my beautiful TE. This way I can take my time to figure everything out too. Rather than hurrying and screwing something up :evil:
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

drunkninja24 wrote:
StarCreator wrote:It -can- be done - you need to find a non-common ground PCB to use and dual-mod. There should be a dual-modding guide on SRK.
I think you mean a common-ground. A non-common ground PCB would be a major pain to get working in a dual-mod setup.
Yeah, what he said. x_x
KaPH33n

Post by KaPH33n »

Also look on SRK for info about the MC Cthulu then. If you're making your own stick it's super easy to make ps2 compatibility with. If you add it to your current stick it can be dual modded to work with x360 (by using the IMP chip in conjunction).