6-in-1 MultiJAMMA Switcher PCB

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
brentsg

6-in-1 MultiJAMMA Switcher PCB

Post by brentsg »

http://www.jammaboards.com/store/index. ... ductId=250

First, if anyone else had been interested in these.. they are back in stock.

Second, I wanted to see if anyone uses one of these. I am interested in picking one up for use with Cave SH3 boards to minimize board swapping.

Anyone had particularly good or bad experiences with them? I know Brian had a pair and when he sold off his stuff they got snatched up pretty quickly.

Thanks

B :mrgreen:

Edit: Things I have learned..
-When ordering, if you need -5V make sure you pay careful attention to the custom ordering options. The stock configuration does not support -5V.
-Wiring for TEST terminates at the edge connector of the device, so to enable this functionality you need to extend a jumper wire to any slot you desire.
Last edited by brentsg on Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Breaking news: Dodonpachi Developer Cave Releases Hello Kitty Game
twalden

Re: 6-in-1 MultiJAMMA Switcher PCB

Post by twalden »

Not sure about this particular model, but people in the past have reported monitor sync issues with various other multi-jamma switchers. The one Yaton used to sell comes to mind. Hopefully they've been improved on since then. I'd make sure Jammaboards has a decent return policy before buying one.
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Almost every PCB I have needs different monitor adjustments, so I don't see how this will work that well.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
brentsg

Post by brentsg »

neorichieb1971 wrote:Almost every PCB I have needs different monitor adjustments, so I don't see how this will work that well.
In my case I'm going to stick 6 Cave SH3 boards in there, so they will all work fine. I might stick Ketsui in there as well.. which I think will appear as a smaller image onscreen without adjustment (if I recall). That's not ideal but it's still workable for a game now and then.

I just want to make sure that nobody has seen any behavior that is detrimental to the PCBs themselves, though I've not heard anything of the sort. Obviously some caution will need to be taken when handling and installing the boards, but at least the SH3 footprint is small and should be easy to stabilize.
Breaking news: Dodonpachi Developer Cave Releases Hello Kitty Game
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Well SH3's are still quite expensive so you've got a big insurance claim if that 6-1 PCB fails them and does something a bit off.

But yeah if they all adhere to the same monitor standards that would definitely help.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
Ramza

Post by Ramza »

neorichieb1971 wrote:Well SH3's are still quite expensive so you've got a big insurance claim if that 6-1 PCB fails them and does something a bit off.
Don't know if this project here was finished: http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=28891.
If so, I guess it could be used to protect the pcbs connected to this switcher.