Help! WTB: Service and/or Eproms for Batsugun Special

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
pixeljunkie

Help! WTB: Service and/or Eproms for Batsugun Special

Post by pixeljunkie »

I have a Batsugun board and want to turn it into Batsugun Special. Does anyone here know where I can get the Eprom for this? If anyone here can burn it for me? Anything?

Thanks!
system11

Post by system11 »

You want 'tp030-sp.u69' from the romset 'batugnsp'.

You should easily be able to find someone local (at least in the same country) with the equipment to make you one - pm me if you get really stuck.
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org
pixeljunkie

Post by pixeljunkie »

bloodflowers wrote:You want 'tp030-sp.u69' from the romset 'batugnsp'.

You should easily be able to find someone local (at least in the same country) with the equipment to make you one - pm me if you get really stuck.
I definitely need some help on this. I wouldn't know which Eprom to remove/replace, etc. Is it more than one?

I have never done this before, So any help will be highly appreciated.

thanks!
system11

Post by system11 »

That's a single image, 512kb, fits on a 27C040 eprom chip. I've not seen a Batsugun board, but there's likely one rom chip (socketed) which sticks out as different from the rest. From the image name, you'll probably find U69 is a grid reference on the PCB - look at the edges.
pixeljunkie

Post by pixeljunkie »

bloodflowers wrote:That's a single image, 512kb, fits on a 27C040 eprom chip. I've not seen a Batsugun board, but there's likely one rom chip (socketed) which sticks out as different from the rest. From the image name, you'll probably find U69 is a grid reference on the PCB - look at the edges.
thanks a million, I'll post if I manage it
zakk

Post by zakk »

If you can't find anyone local to burn it, http://www.hobbyroms.com should be able to for a small fee. Of course if you have someone who will do it for free, even better.

I also wonder if it's possible to rig up something like the ST-V bios selector, where they used a banked ROM with a physical switch so they could select whichever image they wanted. Be nice to have an selectable batsugun.
PC Engine Fan X!

Batsugun boot PCB question...

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

And would this Batsugun Special EPROM chip work on a Batsugun boot PCB as well? (I have a Korean Batsugun boot PCB with Japanese Bios and is the standard Batsugun game.)

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
system11

Re: Batsugun boot PCB question...

Post by system11 »

PC Engine Fan X! wrote:And would this Batsugun Special EPROM chip work on a Batsugun boot PCB as well? (I have a Korean Batsugun boot PCB with Japanese Bios and is the standard Batsugun game.)

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
All bets are off with bootleg games. If you took out the main code rom, then found with a rom reader that it matches one of the existing original Batsugun versions, then it would 'probably' work. Moving this topic to hardware section - seems more appropriate now.
famitsu1

Post by famitsu1 »

Hi,
my friend yes4kiki over at
http://www.killercabs.com/forum/index.php
maybe able to help you out fella,he has the equipment and I think the necassary/specific rom chip(the upgrade does indeed only require the swapping over of only one rom).Give him a pm.
rtw

Post by rtw »

PC Engine Fan X! wrote:And would this Batsugun Special EPROM chip work on a Batsugun boot PCB as well? (I have a Korean Batsugun boot PCB with Japanese Bios and is the standard Batsugun game.)

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Any pictures of that PCB ? Do you have sound on your PCB ? If you didn't know the Batsugun sound chip is encrypted so there is no sound.

BTW:
I think the Batsugun EPROM is a 27C4096 i.e. 16 bit.

rtw
http://world-of-arcades.net
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

rtw wrote:

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Any pictures of that PCB ? Do you have sound on your PCB ? If you didn't know the Batsugun sound chip is encrypted so there is no sound.

BTW:
I think the Batsugun EPROM is a 27C4096 i.e. 16 bit.

rtw
For rtw,

I was only able play this Korean bootleg Batsugun PCB only once in it's entirety before it glitched up bad. It just needs to be revived, as it does work. Yes, there was sound & BGM tunes present when I played my bootlegged Batsugun PCB. A South Korean eBay seller once said that it was a genuine Korean Batsugun PCB he was selling -- the way how it looks is typical of Korean produced arcade PCBs. His words & not mine.

This bootlegged Batsugun PCB had scrolling issues when presented on a NTSC Sony S-Video monitor (when powered through a Supergun setup)because of it's odd sync rate -- very similar sync rate like that of the Seibu Kaihatsu SP1 mobo.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
sourdiesel

batsugun sp edition

Post by sourdiesel »

what type of eprom do i need this burnt on - i got the sp edition rom file --- gonna goto hobby roms to get it burnt - what type of chip do i need?
pixeljunkie

Re: batsugun sp edition

Post by pixeljunkie »

sourdiesel wrote:what type of eprom do i need this burnt on - i got the sp edition rom file --- gonna goto hobby roms to get it burnt - what type of chip do i need?
talk about rising from the grave?! Wow. I would email hobby roms [which is what I did] he knew what I needed and hooked me up.
antron

Post by antron »

actually, thanks for bringing this up as I plan on doing this once I track down a B-gun board.

but sourdiesel, did you even read though the thread?
sourdiesel

Post by sourdiesel »

can he make the special rom that u can flick a switch to toggle between the two versions? if not no big deal, i can take out and replace and eprom no problem...
sourdiesel

Post by sourdiesel »

i did read thru the thread - one person said u need this chip - another one said u need this one ... i dont know who is right thats why i am asking for clarification
THE

Post by THE »

27C4096 is the correct eprom, just checked on my original Batsugun Special PCB 8) The m68000 is a 16bit CPU, so a single 8-bit eprom makes no sense at all.
Last edited by THE on Sat May 30, 2009 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The future is 2D
antron

Post by antron »

sourdiesel wrote: one person said u need this chip - another one said u need this one ... i dont know who is right thats why i am asking for clarification
my bad