Mushihimesama & 90s Jamma Arcade Horizontal Cabinets...

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
ST Dragon
Banned User

Mushihimesama & 90s Jamma Arcade Horizontal Cabinets...

Post by ST Dragon »

I'm considering about buying Mushihimesama PCB to play it on an old 90s Arcade Jamma cabinet, equiped with a horizontal low resolution CRT monitor. (Used for playing games like Marvel Vs Capcom, Punisher, Carrier Air Wing, etc..)

Will it work on this cabinet and display vertically with 2 black borders on the side of the screen like vertical shooters do on MAME emu, or will I have to get a hi resolution VGA vertical monitor for my cabinet in order to play it properly?

And what about newer horizontal shooters like Death Smiles (Cave), do they require a Hi-res monitor or will it work on my cabinet?

Oh, and Raiden IV (Vertical) too?

Thanks in advance.
Saint Dragon - AMIGA - Jaleco 1989

"In the first battle against the Guardian's weapons, created with Vasteel Technology, humanity suffered a crushing defeat."
Thunder Force V
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

If your monitor is horizontal it will not play right without turning the monitor anti clockwise 90 degrees. There is no video modes on the PCB, its just displayed as it is, which is vertical.

All Cave games are low res 15khz.

Raiden IV works in hi-res, but is also backwards compatible with low res 15khz AFAIK.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
ST Dragon
Banned User

Post by ST Dragon »

No video modes on modern Cave PCBs?! That's surprising & disapointing.
I can propably turn my monitor anti clockwise 90 degrees, but I guess I'll also have to re-arrange the joystick wiring of the Jamma connectors to be able to play it properly whilst turned vertically?

What about Raiden IV, does the PCB feature any video modes so that I can play it on my cabinet without turning the monitor?
Saint Dragon - AMIGA - Jaleco 1989

"In the first battle against the Guardian's weapons, created with Vasteel Technology, humanity suffered a crushing defeat."
Thunder Force V
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

ST Dragon wrote:No video modes on modern Cave PCBs?! That's surprising & disapointing.
I can propably turn my monitor anti clockwise 90 degrees, but I guess I'll also have to re-arrange the joystick wiring of the Jamma connectors to be able to play it properly whilst turned vertically?

What about Raiden IV, does the PCB feature any video modes so that I can play it on my cabinet without turning the monitor?
You just rotate your monitor, the controls are already configured correctly.

Before you buy the PCB, make sure you can rotate your monitor, but if your cab is a generic one, chances are that this will be really easy.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.