Opening a CPS-2 A board?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
8 1/2

Opening a CPS-2 A board?

Post by 8 1/2 »

Anyone know how to get that silver "C" bolt out near the fan? I'm trying to turn it with a small needlenose plyer, but it just seems to spin in place.
FULL LOCK is BOMB
8 1/2

Post by 8 1/2 »

Nevermind. After some pulling with a screwdriver I realized it's made of plastic. It popped right out.
FULL LOCK is BOMB
system11

Post by system11 »

Yeah you can drill them out, but the popular way is to just pull really hard and laugh as it snaps.
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org
8 1/2

Post by 8 1/2 »

Woo hoo, new fan is in and amazing. It's almost as quiet as the PS3. Finally can get into some Progear without the lady being forced off to the bedroom when the fan starts in.
FULL LOCK is BOMB
undamned

Post by undamned »

8 1/2 wrote:Woo hoo, new fan is in and amazing.
Nice! I'll have to check out one of those Papst fans.
8 1/2 wrote:It's almost as quiet as the PS3.
Ever ran your PS3 at an ambient temp. of about 80f? It is unpardonable. It drowns out my TV to the point where I have to turn the volume up to like 75% to just to understand what people are saying. Who'd have thought of having an intermediate cooling fan speed rather than just "silent" and "what?"
-ud
Righteous Super Hero / Righteous Love
IronGiant

Post by IronGiant »

Speaking of CPS2 fans, what type of fan does it need? I have a SSF2 being delivered to me soon with an apparently really noisy fan and would like to get a suitable replacement ordered.

Ta.
iatneH

Post by iatneH »

bloodflowers wrote:Yeah you can drill them out, but the popular way is to just pull really hard and laugh as it snaps.
I tried that a while ago and this is what happened to mine, put some gigantic cracks on both sides of my A-board and the bolt never broke. I'm convinced mine is really metal all the way through.

Image Image

At least the new fan is quieter....