Dodonpachi PS2 screen issues.

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
oxoid

Dodonpachi PS2 screen issues.

Post by oxoid »

My PS2 is displaying Dodonpachi on multiple TV's(PAL60) in tate with the get point gauge off the screen on the left and right, or showing around half of it.

I've switched around the settings for the PS2 between 16:9/4:3 and full screen with no results.

The saturn version on the same TV's displays almost all of the bar.

Will getting a PS1 sort this out?
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

(Moved to Hardware.)

I'd say only changing your TV's geometry settings will fix it. But you can mess up your TV with it, so take care in doing it.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
oxoid

Post by oxoid »

Will have a look into that. Thanks.
power UP

Post by power UP »

I got the same problem. PAL TV and PAL ps2. Using the swap trick to boot it. :oops:
MOSQUITO FIGHTER

Post by MOSQUITO FIGHTER »

Espgaluda does this on my TV. I can either see my score or if I flip it the other way and see my bomb gauge.
dmauro

Post by dmauro »

I had the same issue with ESPGaluda as well. DoDonPachi DOJ always worked for me though. I never did understand why it does that when they are the same resolution on the same hardware ported by the same company, but now that they're running in my cabinet, I can solve it by adjusting the geometry.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

Didn't Arika include the Tatehose modes for this very reason ? While TATE uses a rather uncommon PS2 resolution which maxes out the visible picture by using the horizontal blaking area, the Tatehose mode uses a compressed resolution. It's blurrier of course, but it should solve the problem on TVs affected.
power UP

Post by power UP »

MOSQUITO FIGHTER wrote:Espgaluda does this on my TV. I can either see my score or if I flip it the other way and see my bomb gauge.
Thats not what we're talking about. It is much worse:

themachinist

Post by themachinist »

:lol: :) :(
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Damn, how does it manage to fuck up that bad?