Piece is broken off my new Muchi Muchi board!

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
8 1/2

Piece is broken off my new Muchi Muchi board!

Post by 8 1/2 »

Gah, this is what happens when you ship games like a retard. The piece off to the right of the pic is what came off. The soldering is broken underneath. Is is safe to resolder that and fire it up? I've never done any soldering, but this looks easy enough. Do I risk frying the board if I do it?

FULL LOCK is BOMB
8 1/2

Post by 8 1/2 »

Update: I did it! That was pretty easy. Damn this game is fun.
FULL LOCK is BOMB
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

I hope you bitched to the seller.... that was quite stupid for a PCB that expensive.

every cave PCB I've bought has been packed like glass in a tank.

then again it was GP and battlesmurf.... fujicom also.
Bigsasquatch

Post by Bigsasquatch »

you already did it , but tbh caps with big solder tags are pretty easy...
( just replaced some on my Egret 2 neckboards :) )

Glad it was an easy fix otherwise the alternative would have been a real pain in the neck.....

BIG S
EOJ

Re: Piece is broken off my new Muchi Muchi board!

Post by EOJ »

8 1/2 wrote:Gah, this is what happens when you ship games like a retard.
You should mention the retard is Elixir.
Lordstar

Re: Piece is broken off my new Muchi Muchi board!

Post by Lordstar »

EOJ wrote:
8 1/2 wrote:Gah, this is what happens when you ship games like a retard.
You should mention the retard is Elixir.

ooooooh burn! Well done on the fix
Follow me on twitter for tees and my ramblings @karoshidrop
shmups members can purchase here http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21158
8 1/2

Post by 8 1/2 »

I don't hold it against him too much. The game was wrapped in its anti-static wrap, and then had another layer of bubble-wrap over that. The problem was that he didn't put that in a box, but rather just wrapped it in paper and shipped it off, so at some point it must have taken a knock that broke that cap off. He was a good guy otherwise, and I assume he's going to pack things better in the future.
FULL LOCK is BOMB
Bigsasquatch

Post by Bigsasquatch »

Wrapped in paper ! :shock: for a Cave PCB ? :shock: :shock:

Thats just crazy.... seen how much the bigger boards flex ? You were extremely lucky IMHO.....

BIG S
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

yeah... I would have been royally pissed about a 800.00 board not shipped in a box.
Bigsasquatch

Post by Bigsasquatch »

Strider77 wrote:yeah... I would have been royally pissed about a 800.00 board not shipped in a box.
+1

I've seen the way posties work in the UK :shock: ......

BIG S
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

that has to be the dumbest thing i have ever heard.....cuz boxes are so hard to come by.....i would have been furious

i always assumed everybody packaged this stuff like champs....anybody who has ever gotten a package from me can vouch.....everything is wrapped with air-bags and nothing can move a cm.

thanx for the heads up on the seller.....i will think twice before buying from them now
jpj

Post by jpj »

jonny5 wrote: thanx for the heads up on the seller.....i will think twice before buying from them now
+1

this reminds me of the guy on N-G who used to ship megadrive games in cereal boxes. literally.
RegalSin wrote:Videogames took my life away like the Natives during colonial times.
Bigsasquatch

Post by Bigsasquatch »

jpj wrote:
jonny5 wrote: thanx for the heads up on the seller.....i will think twice before buying from them now
+1

this reminds me of the guy on N-G who used to ship megadrive games in cereal boxes. literally.
I know him..... had a falling out with him meself ... think he shipped 'Pang some MVS stuff in a cornflake packet once.... :shock:

BIG S
jpj

Post by jpj »

:lol:

free coco pops with any purchase!
RegalSin wrote:Videogames took my life away like the Natives during colonial times.
Jockel

Post by Jockel »

Lol i remember a guy shipping vinyl EPs in used pizza boxes :lol:
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

i work in shipping so i have tons of packing materials and boxes on hand....

the air bags we get are pure gold for packaging stuff up nicely....the way i pack you could fall on the box and probably still not damage anything inside
Lordstar

Post by Lordstar »

Jockel wrote:Lol i remember a guy shipping vinyl EPs in used pizza boxes :lol:
Who was is that used to ship MVS carts (scummy as fuck full of dirt) in tampon boxes? Fuck . . . some one remind me his name. he was legnedary for having the dirtiest MVS carts in the whole world. Yatin or yaton something???
jonny5 wrote:i work in shipping so i have tons of packing materials and boxes on hand....

the air bags we get are pure gold for packaging stuff up nicely....the way i pack you could fall on the box and probably still not damage anything inside
Same here. i have Shipped MVS carts in postal sacks but the way i wrap them in Bubble wrap and stuff you could play basket ball with these things and it would still boot up. The shirts just go in a postal sack unless there are more than say 10-15 then i tend to box them becuase its just easier.
Follow me on twitter for tees and my ramblings @karoshidrop
shmups members can purchase here http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21158
Jockel

Post by Jockel »

Lordstar wrote:
Jockel wrote:Lol i remember a guy shipping vinyl EPs in used pizza boxes :lol:
Who was is that used to ship MVS carts (scummy as fuck full of dirt) in tampon boxes? Fuck . . . some one remind me his name. he was legnedary for having the dirtiest MVS carts in the whole world. Yatin or yaton something???
Sad thing is, he was a commercial seller.
He sold grindcore/hardcore vinyls to a local store.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

i think you misunderstand what i mean by airbags......not the bubble lined envelopes....

im talking like plastic bags that are inflated with air......so i fill any and all space around the goods in the box with these so nothing can budge even slightly and it is well protected from bumps and impacts.....
kernow

Post by kernow »

Yaton is the guy you're talking about.
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Bigsasquatch wrote:I know him..... had a falling out with him meself ... think he shipped 'Pang some MVS stuff in a cornflake packet once.... :shock:

BIG S
I guess he wanted to save on packing peanuts. Speaking of which, I once received a used DC game in a Scooby Doo fruit snack box from a seller on E-Bay. I left positive feedback with a suggestion that he should use better packaging (thin-ass cardboard used for food items does not make good postal shipping material).

Seriously though, this thread should be stickied.. as a perfect example of how NOT to ship a PCB (or any other expensive electronic device, for that matter).
jpj

Post by jpj »

oh yeah, yaton...

occassionally i will see something like a MS3 MVS cart for $10 and think "wow, what a steal!", only to click it, see his user-name, and a cartridge that looks like it's been moonlighting as an ashtray :?
8 1/2

Post by 8 1/2 »

Oh I forgot all about that guy. I got a Metal Slug 1 from him, and it came in a shoebox stuffed with paper towels. The cart is yellowed and smells like cigars, though it works fine.
FULL LOCK is BOMB
thegreathopper

Post by thegreathopper »

8 1/2 wrote:Oh I forgot all about that guy. I got a Metal Slug 1 from him, and it came in a shoebox stuffed with paper towels. The cart is yellowed and smells like cigars, though it works fine.
I love games that smell of cigars, quite hard to come by in the UK.
Fight war not wars
8 1/2

Post by 8 1/2 »

thegreathopper wrote:
8 1/2 wrote:Oh I forgot all about that guy. I got a Metal Slug 1 from him, and it came in a shoebox stuffed with paper towels. The cart is yellowed and smells like cigars, though it works fine.
I love games that smell of cigars, quite hard to come by in the UK.
I suppose you could always take up the habit and "season" them yourself. :)
FULL LOCK is BOMB
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

EOJ wrote:You should mention the retard is Elixir.
You should go back to boycotting this forum. Or thinking I'm someone from the UK! Oops. Toodles.
8 1/2 wrote:I don't hold it against him too much. The game was wrapped in its anti-static wrap, and then had another layer of bubble-wrap over that. The problem was that he didn't put that in a box, but rather just wrapped it in paper and shipped it off, so at some point it must have taken a knock that broke that cap off. He was a good guy otherwise, and I assume he's going to pack things better in the future.
I was so busy back then that it wasn't plausible for me to get it out to you sooner. Alas, you wanted me to post it as soon as possible so I had rushed the ordeal because you came off anxious. Like I said in private, I don't live near a post office and getting to one is quite a pain. If anything went wrong during post, I'd obviously give a refund.

I think you jumped the gun with making this thread a bit, though. I did offer a refund, and I could have fixed it and sent it back to you for free. I do admit it could've been packaged better and I do admit to fucking up here, but I thought it was packaged well. Personally, I rarely sell stuff (this was my first time in over a year) to Americans so I'm inexperienced with that sort of thing.

Lastly, I would prefer it if you guys didn't call me a "seller", since I'm really not. I don't usually sell things here and I don't intend on doing so in the future. It was just a one-off deal. The circumstances are unfortunate but I did everything in my power to make this right, including the offering of the customs invoice, tracking number (I specifically said not to send it if a tracking number couldn't be provided (Etrian brings up Lordstar's failure to do so constantly, so how could I forget?)), and a refund.

My apologies for things not working out smoothly.
8 1/2

Post by 8 1/2 »

Elixir wrote:
EOJ wrote:You should mention the retard is Elixir.
You should go back to boycotting this forum. Or thinking I'm someone from the UK! Oops. Toodles.
8 1/2 wrote:I don't hold it against him too much. The game was wrapped in its anti-static wrap, and then had another layer of bubble-wrap over that. The problem was that he didn't put that in a box, but rather just wrapped it in paper and shipped it off, so at some point it must have taken a knock that broke that cap off. He was a good guy otherwise, and I assume he's going to pack things better in the future.
I was so busy back then that it wasn't plausible for me to get it out to you sooner. Alas, you wanted me to post it as soon as possible so I had rushed the ordeal because you came off anxious. Like I said in private, I don't live near a post office and getting to one is quite a pain. If anything went wrong during post, I'd obviously give a refund.

I think you jumped the gun with making this thread a bit, though. I did offer a refund, and I could have fixed it and sent it back to you for free. I do admit it could've been packaged better and I do admit to fucking up here, but I thought it was packaged well. Personally, I rarely sell stuff (this was my first time in over a year) to Americans so I'm inexperienced with that sort of thing.

Lastly, I would prefer it if you guys didn't call me a "seller", since I'm really not. I don't usually sell things here and I don't intend on doing so in the future. It was just a one-off deal. The circumstances are unfortunate but I did everything in my power to make this right, including the offering of the customs invoice, tracking number (I specifically said not to send it if a tracking number couldn't be provided (Etrian brings up Lordstar's failure to do so constantly, so how could I forget?)), and a refund.

My apologies for things not working out smoothly.
I made the tread because I really wanted to play the game, not get a refund, and I was hoping it could be fixed. It turned out to be an easy fix, and like I said I don't hold it against it you too much. But to say I came off as anxious? You said early on in the sale that as soon as the money was in your account you would mail the package. Well, you got the money and four days passed, and I pm'ed you to find out what was up. Is that anxious for a $1000 purchase? I think your own insecurity is showing there. You wrote something to effect of "I don't live near a post office, but obviously you don't care about that." It's your duty after the sale to post the package, and you made no mention prior that it would difficult for you.

And there is no excuse, time constaints or distance be damned, for such a pathetic packing job. Again, does the price not warrant a damn box? I've never come out and said, "Elixer is a bad seller." I even gave you postive feedback in the trading forum thread.

AND you could have just PM'd me with this, but you chose to make it public here. Why? I had no bitterness from this sale, even with the break, but now I'm starting to sour.
FULL LOCK is BOMB