Wii Fighting Stick Mod- Best thing I ever did for my Wii

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
bostongeorge

Wii Fighting Stick Mod- Best thing I ever did for my Wii

Post by bostongeorge »

I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with Hori"s Fighting Stick series for the PS2/PS3/360 etc. They come with stock Hori brand joysticks and buttons. Not complete garbage but a FAR cry from real arcade parts, such as the ones found in an HRAP. The stock Wii FS is ok and I'm sure is totally fine for some people, but I've recently switched over to my new HRAP2:SA for all my SHMUP needs on PS2, DC and PC (MAME, doujins, emus etc.) So maybe I'm spoiled, but I just can't fell satisfied playing with an inferior stick knowing that I have the option of playing with Sanwa parts. I mean it's by default the BEST way to play since these would be the parts used in an arcade cabinet.

Following this tutorial:
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179535

You can equip it with all authentic Sanwa parts! This was my first EVER mod or ever soldering and it couldn't have been easier as long as you take your time.

The results are so worth it. Playing Castle Shikigami 3 with this thing is amazing. I a;so use it for all my VC shooters since it is functionally a Classic Controller. So until they release an HRAP for the Wii (yeah right) this is the ONLY way to go. And the case is very well made and comfortable. It's a lot smaller than an HRAP so it's a nice change of pace for me.

The guy who made the tutorial use Sanwas Light Blue color for the buttons and balltop and it's a pretty good match to the original colors. Since my HRAP uses those colors already I wanted something a little different so I chose all White. So sexy. I'll try to post pictures
Jockel

Post by Jockel »

You should try this Stick with the PCE/NES/SNES/SMD emus on wii ^^