Sega Naomi Problems

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
hermosaguy

Sega Naomi Problems

Post by hermosaguy »

Anyone know if the fan on the back of the mobo has to work? Mine does not, but I see the red and green light on the system. When I turn it on though, nothing comes on. Everything is setup properly. Any thoughts?
kemical

Post by kemical »

not sure, but maybe an electrical short caused the fan to stop and is not powering up the system, or possibly the (dead) fan shorted out the system, so maybe unplugging the fan would cause it to work. i've had those types of things happen to me with pc related stuff at least..
dpful

Post by dpful »

My gdrom gives an error if the fan isn't up all the way, but that's after everything's booting up... anyways, the pcb might be checking for and detecting that stuff.
hermosaguy

Post by hermosaguy »

Fan isn't up all the way? I had tried with a friends mobo, and it worked fine. So my setup is good, its just trying to figure out what is up with the mobo. The only thing standing out is that back fan isn't going. Any way to fix this, or how to decipher why it isn't working? I had unplugged it at the inner front of the mobo, and the connecting area near the inner back and still no love.