shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum
 
* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:32 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 156  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:35 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2008
Posts: 30
I actually popped in for the first time today, they could do with some better cabs though, nice games but most have real bad screens and stand up cabs just don't work imo for shmups. Still better than nothing :)


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:11 am 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Nov 2007
Posts: 6679
Location: Casino Arcade (RIP), UK.
Mills wrote:
i just casual like everyone. not into making a big scene like certain characters i could mention..


Hope I didn't cause offence there Mill's :wink:

Was just being silly and picked a random name of somebody from the meet I didn't meet.

Feel a bit of a dick now....
_________________
Image
My Hi-Scores | My 1CCs


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Mills the Grouch
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:07 am 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 4153
Location: Oort Cloud
spadgy - I'm sure Mills means ME :wink: . Certainly not you.
Be assured, I'm the only person Mills would have a go at :lol:
_________________
Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:54 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 18 Nov 2007
Posts: 17538
Location: Planet Dust Asia
LUNardei wrote:
PROMETHEUS wrote:
glad to hear Mr Hong Kong hasn't disappeared ^_^


Next time I want to know his real name... Or at least his real nickname :)


Ha ha - he's taking it to the grave. I tried twice to get it out of him on the last meet. "Your real name?" Answer: "Mr Hong Kong."

:P
_________________
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

ChurchOfSolipsism wrote:


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:23 am 


User avatar

Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Posts: 2444
Location: France
that guy's quite priceless

he's got the style


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:25 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2007
Posts: 3181
Location: Cambridge
Image
My back ached for ages.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:39 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Posts: 2444
Location: France
this cab just sucks

- the joysticks suck
- the monitor's left side sucks
- the height of the panel sucks
- it says "raiden fighters" on its top


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:10 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 02 Oct 2006
Posts: 1003
Location: London, United Kingdom
PROMETHEUS wrote:
this cab just sucks

- the joysticks suck
- the monitor's left side sucks
- the height of the panel sucks
- it says "raiden fighters" on its top
Don't sweat it dude, casino arcade has remained shite for over 10yrs and it will never change as long as idot ignorant operators like john stergides(casino owner) are still alive and breathing. who did i see playing ESP2, PINK SWEETS, and PROGEAR thursday night?
_________________
Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:32 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Nov 2007
Posts: 6679
Location: Casino Arcade (RIP), UK.
Mills wrote:
who did i see playing ESP2, PINK SWEETS, and PROGEAR thursday night?


That was me!

I went to improve Progear, but played Pink Sweets as I'm ashamed to say I've never played it in all it's time at Casino, and DEL said it might be out soon. I was rubbish at it!

Really enjoyed ESP2 too, which I haven't played enough despite the coming removal. I really want that game...

Who were you then Mill's? The chap on Pink Sweets for a bit?
_________________
Image
My Hi-Scores | My 1CCs


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:52 am 



Joined: 05 Mar 2008
Posts: 40
Location: Westminster
Quote:
Yeah - I'd love to have time to be there until 3am, but there's socialisng and real people and things like that to do! Also, I think if it opened really late it would spread thin the numbers attending...

R..R...Real things to do? REAL THINGS TO DO!?!
*rips hair out*
How can you guys NOT stay at an arcade till 3am? If you guys aren't gonna go to sleep, you can atleast hang out at an arcade and play games till dawn. Thats what I do. Jeez, the only thing I can think of that MIGHT be better than videogames is watching anime or reading manga.

Oh well, atleast I won't need a haircut now.

Quote:
this cab just sucks

- the joysticks suck
- the monitor's left side sucks
- the height of the panel sucks
- it says "raiden fighters" on its top

Ok, so it ain't a candy cab. I love the Suzo sticks on it though. I wasn't too happy with the smaller version of the Suzo sticks, but they were good enough.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:34 am 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Nov 2007
Posts: 6679
Location: Casino Arcade (RIP), UK.
Bonemaster969 wrote:
R..R...Real things to do? REAL THINGS TO DO!?!


Believe me, I wish I had less real things to do so I could play more....

That's terrible considering how much I play...
_________________
Image
My Hi-Scores | My 1CCs


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:27 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2007
Posts: 3181
Location: Cambridge
PROMETHEUS wrote:
this cab just sucks

- the joysticks suck
- the monitor's left side sucks
- the height of the panel sucks
- it says "raiden fighters" on its top


Don't forget:

- you can't see your score until you die >_<


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:10 am 


User avatar

Joined: 02 Oct 2006
Posts: 1003
Location: London, United Kingdom
spadgy wrote:
Mills wrote:
who did i see playing ESP2, PINK SWEETS, and PROGEAR thursday night?


That was me!

I went to improve Progear, but played Pink Sweets as I'm ashamed to say I've never played it in all it's time at Casino, and DEL said it might be out soon. I was rubbish at it!

Really enjoyed ESP2 too, which I haven't played enough despite the coming removal. I really want that game...

Who were you then Mill's? The chap on Pink Sweets for a bit?
Watching my mate richard (he was on the two player side) on King Of Fighters. was standing on his right shoulder, sometimes sitting.
_________________
Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:59 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Nov 2007
Posts: 6679
Location: Casino Arcade (RIP), UK.
Mills wrote:
spadgy wrote:
Mills wrote:
who did i see playing ESP2, PINK SWEETS, and PROGEAR thursday night?


That was me!

I went to improve Progear, but played Pink Sweets as I'm ashamed to say I've never played it in all it's time at Casino, and DEL said it might be out soon. I was rubbish at it!

Really enjoyed ESP2 too, which I haven't played enough despite the coming removal. I really want that game...

Who were you then Mill's? The chap on Pink Sweets for a bit?
Watching my mate richard (he was on the two player side) on King Of Fighters. was standing on his right shoulder, sometimes sitting.


Hm - I watched the Kof for a bit, but I'm afraid it's been a heavy weekend - can' remember who was who around that cab!
_________________
Image
My Hi-Scores | My 1CCs


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:07 am 


User avatar

Joined: 02 Oct 2006
Posts: 1003
Location: London, United Kingdom
spadgy wrote:
Mills wrote:
spadgy wrote:
Mills wrote:
who did i see playing ESP2, PINK SWEETS, and PROGEAR thursday night?


That was me!

I went to improve Progear, but played Pink Sweets as I'm ashamed to say I've never played it in all it's time at Casino, and DEL said it might be out soon. I was rubbish at it!

Really enjoyed ESP2 too, which I haven't played enough despite the coming removal. I really want that game...

Who were you then Mill's? The chap on Pink Sweets for a bit?
Watching my mate richard (he was on the two player side) on King Of Fighters. was standing on his right shoulder, sometimes sitting.


Hm - I watched the Kof for a bit, but I'm afraid it's been a heavy weekend - can' remember who was who around that cab!
doesnt matter now that i know who you are.
_________________
Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:00 am 


User avatar

Joined: 02 Oct 2006
Posts: 1003
Location: London, United Kingdom
I think Dharnesh (ARC) has got Shienryu pcb, so ask if he can put that in. i didn't get to complete that to the end. and everyone should be able to play that including Inti. Raiden style cgi, truxton style gameplay. was just watching a youtube clip titled (Shienryu sega saturn).
_________________
Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:45 pm 



Joined: 06 Feb 2005
Posts: 13
Location: London
No
I don't have a shienryu pcb just a saturn copy, it's not that good a game.
Having fun with tatsujin 2 yet?!!
The game's a bitch!!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:13 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Nov 2007
Posts: 6679
Location: Casino Arcade (RIP), UK.
Anybody at Casino Friday.

I'll be there squeezed in between the fighter crowd...
_________________
Image
My Hi-Scores | My 1CCs


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: .
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:56 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 4153
Location: Oort Cloud
spadgy wrote
Quote:
I'll be there squeezed in between the fighter crowd...

The Fighter crowd have all gone :lol: to the Troc = Tekken 6 at 1 pound a go. About as much arcade loyalty as........ :lol: .
Same thing happened before, when the Troc got in the VS cabs.
_________________
Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:31 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 18 Nov 2007
Posts: 17538
Location: Planet Dust Asia
spadgy wrote:
Bonemaster969 wrote:
R..R...Real things to do? REAL THINGS TO DO!?!


Believe me, I wish I had less real things to do so I could play more....

That's terrible considering how much I play...


Or how much you POST Spadge! :shock:
_________________
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

ChurchOfSolipsism wrote:


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: .
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:59 am 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Nov 2007
Posts: 6679
Location: Casino Arcade (RIP), UK.
DEL wrote:
spadgy wrote
Quote:
I'll be there squeezed in between the fighter crowd...

The Fighter crowd have all gone :lol: to the Troc = Tekken 6 at 1 pound a go. About as much arcade loyalty as........ :lol: .
Same thing happened before, when the Troc got in the VS cabs.


Oh well - at least I won't have to worry about the scornful looks the volume on Progear attracts from the crowd at the SFII cab!

That said - I've founbd the fight crowd to be really freindly as I've got to know them...

And yes Skykid - you're right! I'm cutting down though! But I'm easily distracted from work - like now! Back to it...
_________________
Image
My Hi-Scores | My 1CCs


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: .
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:31 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 18 Nov 2007
Posts: 17538
Location: Planet Dust Asia
Quote:
oh well - at least I won't have to worry about the scornful looks the volume on Progear attracts from the crowd at the SFII cab!


That's the best part! They hear "Round One" and then...

DING,DING,DING,DING,DING,DING,DING,DING,DING,DING,DING,DING,DING,DING,DING,DING,DING,DING,DING!

Love it.
:D
_________________
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

ChurchOfSolipsism wrote:


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: .
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:20 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2007
Posts: 3181
Location: Cambridge
Skykid wrote:

DING,DING,DING,DING,DING,DING,DING,DING,DING,DING,DING,DING,DING,DING,DING,DING,DING,DING,DING!



My girlfriend who was sitting next to me in the Progear cab said "can you stop getting coins? I have a headache". Women eh?

It was even better When Ketsui was in that cab:

You are now approching the target of attack. Your mission starts here:
BOOM, BOOM, BOOM BOOM-BOOM

That was some powerful bass. It was the moment I realised how much I'd been missing out on playing at home. When I leave the Casino, my eyes and ears both hurt so much :)


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:36 am 


User avatar

Joined: 02 Oct 2006
Posts: 1003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Arc wrote:
No
I don't have a shienryu pcb just a saturn copy, it's not that good a game.
Having fun with tatsujin 2 yet?!!
The game's a bitch!!
not been able to catch bob on his rare visits to install the game. he wont be down casino until the 15th & 16th april.
_________________
Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:43 am 



Joined: 21 Mar 2005
Posts: 472
I have a Shienryu cart (its Sega STV) if you want to install it and someone has a spare MOBO. Its quite boring though I think.

To what Mills said - They really need to change the cabs in Casino... Do you think if someone opened a new arcade with 20+ candys in and new fighters/shooters people would come? ... It showed you how it should be done; people spent all day there because of the choice.


Just came back from Tokyo and JESUS the arcades there are SICK. (e.g. HEY with 4x Death Smiles, 2x DDP DOJ BL, Ibara BL, MuchiMP, Espgaluda 2, Espgaluda 1, Mushimesama Futari 1.5 x2 or 3, MSF 1.0, Mushimesame, 2x Ketsui, Esprade, Guwage, Dodonpachi and so on - thats just the cave stuff!!!).

Interestingly didn't see Pink Sweets or Ibara anywhere in Tokyo.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: .
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:45 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 4153
Location: Oort Cloud
Glad you had a good time there ill6!

I have three people working on getting your boards out and into the back room ready for you to pick up. Masamune, Pac Man Craig, The Old Mills and myself are trying to catch Bob on his twice a month stints in the arcade.
The staff told me that Bob's supposed to be down tomorrow and Thursday, so I will make a special trip down there on thursday to catch him and get the boards for you.

Apologies for the delay! Bob spends most of his time in Ireland now, but still works for John at the arcade twice a month. Don't worry, the boards will be back with you ASAP. I will PM and text you when I have them (hopefully on Thursday).

Regs, DEL
_________________
Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:16 pm 



Joined: 21 Mar 2005
Posts: 472
No rush DEL... Are they going to be OK in the office?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: .
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:48 am 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 4153
Location: Oort Cloud
^They will either be in my hands or locked in the office - safe as houses there - don't worry.

DEL
_________________
Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:59 am 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Nov 2007
Posts: 6679
Location: Casino Arcade (RIP), UK.
Down in the early evening DEL? Perhaps I'll see you there as I'm heading over for a bit more Progear...
_________________
Image
My Hi-Scores | My 1CCs


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: .
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:41 am 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 4153
Location: Oort Cloud
spadgy - All evening Thursday yes.
_________________
Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 156  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group