Samsung syncmaster 740N question

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Kaiser

Samsung syncmaster 740N question

Post by Kaiser »

Is it possible to rotate that monitor? since it supports rotated resolutions it should be rotatable, because i want to TATE my mame (IT supports Pivot)
Zenodyne R - My 2nd Steam Shmup
Ed Oscuro

Re: Samsung syncmaster 740N question

Post by Ed Oscuro »

I don't think so. Generally a rotary frame is included in the list of features, and I didn't see it mentioned.

However, the SyncMaster 960 BG has a pivoting frame, the same resolution as the one you posted, and a 4ms response time (gray to gray, I imagine), so that might be a good choice for you. There's also a 970P, SM960BF, and doubtless some other models as well; I'd look at 'em all.

Oh, those are also all 19", which is definitely nicer than 17"...probably more expensive, but we all could use the extra viewing space.

Thanks for posting this question, by the way; I've been going crazy trying to find a good 1600x1200 LCD gaming monitor with top-of-the-line viewing, and I think you can't really do it right now. So I took a moment with this topic to step back and find a good set with lower specs. Of course there's no guarantee that these monitors will look great, but they seem to have a good feature set so I might as well deal with it.