Controlling DC/PC/PS2 with same stick

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
heurhface

Controlling DC/PC/PS2 with same stick

Post by heurhface »

Is there any reliable way to get all three of these systems working with the same stick, other than just wiring up three controllers inside the box? It would be simple enough to buy a multitude of converters... but I'm a cheap bastard. Any better ideas? :lol:
Michaelm

Post by Michaelm »

Buy an universal stick. I have one for PS2, Xbox and Gamecube that I've used to build my stick. I've seen there are sticks on ebay now that support PS2, Xbox, Gamecube and PC.
All errors are intentional but mistakes could have been made.
ktownhero

Post by ktownhero »

Buy (or wire) a PS2 stick, and then buy adapters for the other systems you want. That's what I'm doing with my HRAP. The reason you go with the PS2 is because it has such a huge user install base. Adapters going from PS2 -> other systems (all of them, even DC) are readily available.
I got mad gigabytes.
iatneH

Post by iatneH »

Stay away from those universal sticks, they are usually built with parts that are pure and utter crap. Like rubber plungers on the pushbuttons, and possibly plungers on the stick. Don't even know if you can call them proper parts, like a big handheld controller laid out flat.
They're basically marketed to people who have maybe seen or heard of an arcade cabinet but never played on one.

You get what you pay for. I think this was said in one of the VGA box threads, but spend a chunk of money on a good stick and a few convertors, and you'll only cry once. The rest is all happiness.
Damocles

Post by Damocles »

iatneH wrote:Stay away from those universal sticks, they are usually built with parts that are pure and utter crap. Like rubber plungers on the pushbuttons, and possibly plungers on the stick. Don't even know if you can call them proper parts, like a big handheld controller laid out flat.
They're basically marketed to people who have maybe seen or heard of an arcade cabinet but never played on one.

You get what you pay for. I think this was said in one of the VGA box threads, but spend a chunk of money on a good stick and a few convertors, and you'll only cry once. The rest is all happiness.
Bah, the parts don't matter since everything except the PCB is thrown away anyway.
thchardcore

Post by thchardcore »

It can be done, check fubars posts inside the "another agetec mod" thread.
A camel is a horse designed by a committee
Martinov

Post by Martinov »

ktownhero wrote:Buy (or wire) a PS2 stick, and then buy adapters for the other systems you want. That's what I'm doing with my HRAP. The reason you go with the PS2 is because it has such a huge user install base. Adapters going from PS2 -> other systems (all of them, even DC) are readily available.
That's what I did. I wired a PS1 dualshock into an old worn out Agetec and now use it on PC/PS2 via a 3 in 1 Magicbox and Total Control Plus respectively. Both work great with no lag.