Playing PS2 on PS3

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
the allett

Playing PS2 on PS3

Post by the allett »

Hi

I've heared some bad things about PS2 games looking shit on PS3 hardware! Is this just the case when using High def TV and leads? Do PS2 games look good running on a PS3 on a normal TV through AV or RGB!

Thanks
mark
In the words of an alcholic, have another drink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Endymion

Post by Endymion »

It is true. Any interlaced game--which is, damn near every PS2 game, will look like complete and utter crap when played on a PS3.

Even if you are using an HDTV with component or HDMI cabling.
GeniusFurrball

Post by GeniusFurrball »

As far as I know the majority of the reason for this is (assuming your using an SD tv; putting a 480 signal to a 1080 TV is going to look like trash no matter what) that the PS2 has a post filter that the PS3's GS does not have right now. Sony has stated that they'll be fixing this with updates but as of yet has not been fixed. =P
Endymion

Post by Endymion »

Sorry to bear the bad news, but that's not the case. Interlaced games glitch like that if you are using an SDTV, EDTV, or HDTV, with composite, s-video, or component. Could you link a brother up where Sony has acknowledged this in any capacity though? I've been looking and I see nothing.