Crescendo systems reverse transcoder -

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
neorichieb1971

Crescendo systems reverse transcoder -

Post by neorichieb1971 »

http://www.crescendo-systems.com/rev_transcoder.html

Basically it performs the task of converting Component video into VGA. It is built by a AVSforum member and its features/results and reviews are all 100% positive. Supports all TV resolutions including 480i :shock:

Its also twice the price of other rev transcoders, just wondering if anyone has experience with it. I'm thinking of taking the plunge because X2vga2 isn't in stock :evil:
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

I thought vdigi's vd-z3 was the best game transcoder out there? I've been using it on my xbox, gamecube, and PS2 for about two years now. It has adjustments for brightness and different sync types, and also support 480i. Looks like they are in stock.
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Ok went and bought the Z3 instead as its cheaper, 7-15 days takes the piss on shipping though. I probably should have bought the one on ebay instead but i've already ordered now.
antron

Post by antron »

save up for the Sweetspot capture card. that's my plan at least.
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

I've just thought of a problem.

On the PS2 you have to select prog scan from the game menu. If I'm using the XRGB unit in interlaced mode its going to be impossible to switch to prog scan mode. Since you have to change the dash from RGB to component.

Hmm, so the best way would be to use a svideo cable into the XRGB to put into Y BR mode, get the game to the "are you sure you want to enable prog scan mode?" question, switch cables to component and hit X.

Thats quite alot of BS :lol: