Tekken 5 stick $30 at gamestop

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Daigoro

Tekken 5 stick $30 at gamestop

Post by Daigoro »

as reported on SRK.

the 10th anniversary stick and game (and collector dvd case) combo is on sale at gamestop if you can find them. they are clearing them out. not available on their online site.

apparently you can trade in the game that comes with the set for a few dollars off of the stick. i chose to keep it, but im mildy regretting it. i never really did dig tekken.

decent stock stick/buttons and it is supposed moddable for Sanwa (which is what im planning on).

good luck.
PC Engine Fan X!

Yes, USA ver. Hori Tekken 5 arcade stick can be upgraded

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Damn, that's a sweet price for the Hori Limited Edition Tekken 5 Bundled Package Deal...I got mine at $69.99 USD a few months back at my local Gamestop -- it was the last one that they had too. ^_~

At least on the Hori Fighting Stick PS and the Hori Fighting Stick SS versions, auto-fire functionality was added to each button indvidually which is a plus in my book.

Yes, the USA version Hori produced Tekken 5 arcade stick can be modded with either Sanwa or Seimitsu joystick parts & either brand of push buttons to make it into a world class Japanese arcade stick for use with fighting & shmup based games on your PS2 console. It's also backwards compatible with your digital joystick controller based PSX/PSone games as well. ^_~

My Dreamcast Agetech arcade stick has been modified with Seimitsu joystick & Seimitsu push buttons...is a better arcade stick with Japanese arcade button spec layout courtesy of oxtsu. He can mod your console joysticks with authentic Japanese arcade parts for a fee, of course. ^_~

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Daigoro

Re: Yes, USA ver. Hori Tekken 5 arcade stick can be upgraded

Post by Daigoro »

yeah, it is quite a deal. these bundles went for 90$ originally.

the Hori stock stick is really decent, probably as good if not a bit better than the DC Agetec stock stick. the buttons are pretty crap though.

of course im completely spoiled by my Sanwa modded Agetec so it leaves alot to be desired (as far as the stick and buttons go).
PC Engine Fan X! wrote: My Dreamcast Agetech arcade stick has been modified with Seimitsu joystick & Seimitsu push buttons...is a better arcade stick with Japanese arcade button spec layout courtesy of oxtsu. He can mod your console joysticks with authentic Japanese arcade parts for a fee, of course. ^_~

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
not sure if im reading you right, but the Tekken 5 stick has the same button layout as the Agetec/Japanese cab layout. the only difference is the extra L and R buttons closest to the stick. and those i will just cap off when i mod it. the layout should be just the same.

should be just as good as an Agetec to mod, except for a larger more sturdy base, and uglier art.

anyways yeah, its cheap if you want a decent stock stick or something to mod.