memory back-up for Saturn

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
professor ganson

memory back-up for Saturn

Post by professor ganson »

I would like to have my Saturn high-scores and preferences saved on a memory card. Are the various cards available region specific? (My system is NTSC-J.) Also, is there some advantage to certain cards? (I.e. is there a real "plus" to the Memory Card Plus?)

Thanks in advance!
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

I don't know if this goes for all such cards, but my Action Replay saves stuff for all regions (then again, it's also an import-enabling device in itself). As for the exact advantages of each card, some obviously have extra functions on them (like the Action Replay, though different models/revisions of it do different things) or different amounts of memory space, though one would figure they'd be listed on the sale/auction page...
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

The Interact's Gameshark for the Sega Saturn doubles as a memory saving card for high scores, game saves, etc.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
D

Post by D »

I'm on to my second action replay Pro 4M+.
One broke before, really strange and now I have another one (actually new from Lik-Sang or Play-Asia) and this one I have a hard time booting with it. If I put it in, it will not be recognized right away, I have to keep trying power off, power on, etc.
Maybe it's to do with the fact that I have a PAL that I modded to run at 60 HZ all the time!
Maybe they never fail on NTSC Saturn.
I would recommend a dedicated Saturn backup RAM card if your saves are that important to you.