Soraja Invaders (PS4 - PS5)

Submit your reviews here - please see guidelines topic
Sturmvogel Prime

Soraja Invaders (PS4 - PS5)

Post by Sturmvogel Prime »

TRASHSTORM (EPISODE XXXIV) / SPACE INVADERS (PART VI)
INVASION OF STUPIDITY

TRASHSTORM IS NOT A REAL STORY.
IS NOT EVEN GOOD FICTION.
IS TRASH GAME REVIEWS.
ALL OF THE GAMES FEATURED WOULD CAUSE A PERSON DISAPPOINTMENT,
ANGER, FRUSTRATION, DEPRESSION, MONEY LOSS INCLUDED.
TO PUT IT ANOTHER WAY: DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME.

LIST OF PESTILENCE - THE TRASHSTORM SO FAR...

HALL OF INFAMY: THE WORST GAMES EVER Vol. I
Spoiler
I: EXIT TRASHFALL, WELCOME TRASHSTORM (POWER-DEAD BY BREAKTHROUGH GAMING) - (Nik & Kit's Math Quiz)
II: UNINSPIRED SPACE SHOOTOUTS - (X-Force Genesis)
III: NIGHTMARE DRIVING ON THE TRASH GAME ROAD - (Driverio)
IV: AGE OF DEVELOPER STUPIDITY - (Game Achievements "Stroke The Pet" Series)
V: TAKE THE TROPHIES, I DON'T WANT THEM! - (Rocketio)
VI: SUPERDISASTROUS SPACE SHOOTER SQUAD - (Super Rebellion)
VII: MYRON SAID "CRAPPY HOLIDAYS" - (Breakthrough Gaming: The Continents)
VIII: BREAK-TURD GAMING...AGAIN - (Project: Summer Ice - Pinball)
IX: DEEP SPACE ATROCITY - (Deep Space Anomaly)
X: ZAKYM'S DISASTROUS RETURN - (Rocketio 2 and 3)
XI: CRAPPER BOWL AND THE END OF BREAKTHROUGH GAMING - (Breakthrough Gaming's Football 2)
XII: ALPHA MORON - (Alpha Warrior by S-Mobile)
XIII: THE DEEP FREEZE - (SoulFrost by Xitilon)
XIV: WEBNETIC'S FIRST SHOOTER - (Space Defend by Webnetic)
XV: ONE BUTTON CATASTROPHE - (B Cannon by Xitilon)
XVI: CLASH FORCE? MORE LIKE TRASH FORCE! - (Clash Force)
XVII: TAURIAN MANURE - (Taurian Defense)
XVIII: INHUMAN ROAD: STINKING TURD LIGHTNING - (Thunder by Xitilon)
XIX: MORE XITILON TRASH - (S Lanes by Xitilon)
XX: TRASH-O-WEEN PRESENTS: CRAPPER-5 - (Hyper-5)
XXI: RED-CRAP-TOR - (RedRaptor)
XXII: FROM MEDIOCRE TO "X-CREMENT" - (X-Force Under Attack)
XXIII: CONSEQUENCE OF STUPIDITY - (Danjigoku)
XXIV: IF IT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH, IT'S EXTINCT - (Arcade Archives: Dinorex)
XXV: NEPHENTHEOSIC EUTHANASIA - (Nephenthesys)
XXVI: MESSED UP SHMOUPPING - (Shmoup by Phoenix Reborn Games)
XXVII: WAR AGAINST BLOCKS. AS STUPID AS IT SOUNDS - (Shooting Blocks by Webnetic)
XXVIII: (UN)HOLY WEEK SPECIAL - (Galactic Invasion by Pix Arts)
XXIX: DISADVENTURE IN VENARIS - (Flightpath: Adventures in Venaris)
XXX: THE OBSCENE LEVEL OF STUPIDITY - (Aabs Animals)

HALL OF INFAMY: THE WORST GAMES EVER Vol. II
Spoiler
XXXI: FECAL RAIDERS - (Space Raiders by Alexander Carparelli)
XXXII: STUPIDITY HAS NO LIMITS - (Hoodie Survivor by The Voices Games)
XXXIII: LEARN HOW (NOT) TO BE STUPID) - ( Learn to Play Vol. 2 - A Simple Shooter)

SPACE INVADERS - THE INVASION SO FAR
Spoiler
I: INDIE INVADERS - (Super Destronaut DX-2)
II: ASSAULT FROM ANOTHER WORLD - (Space Invaders Gigamax 4 SE)
III: THRICE UPON A TIME, THE INVADERS AND THE TRASH WILL COME TO US - (Space Invasion by Pix Arts)
IV: EXTREME MEASURES REQUIRED - (Space Invaders Extreme)
V: INVADED AND BLOCKED - (Arkanoid VS Space Invaders)
One of gaming mysteries that NEVER, EVER should be asked is "It is possible to make Space Invaders look like shit?". Knowing the historical value of the game in terms of Taito, Shooting and Gaming history, asking something like that is absolutely unthinkable, even reaching the point of being a blasphemy. But Calamity doesn't take a "NO" and "DON'T ASK THAT" for an answer and concocted attempts on making atrocities with this part of shmup history. We've already saw Pix Arts monstrosity called Space Invasion, but the following review is definitely the anti-gaming result of The Search of the Absolute, La Recherche de l'absolu... La Recherche de la merde absolu (The Search of the Absolute Shit).
So, get ready for a Pull-no-Brakes descent into videogame hell with Soraja Invaders by OÜ Enningture Game Temple.

Descending from Zero Budget to "Negative Number Budget" gaming.

Soraja Invaders' core gameplay is basically the same as Space Invaders; Eliminate all the invaders before they touch the ground and kill you effectively ending the game. So, that's the only aspect which can't fail. Being as fair as possible, I have to admit they at least added a color vulnerability element which consists on taking down a "whatever-the-fuck-they-are" with a specific color beam by tapping a different button on the controller. To confirm the effect, your beam will pass through a couple of enemies instead of hitting a single one. Blue laser passes through Red Invaders, red laser is effective against green enemies, green laser takes two yellow Invaders down with one shot and the yellow laser is the blue Invader weakness. Hope you liked that feature because this is all the "good" that you could find in this game (along with the trophies) since it all falls down in terms of interface, visuals and sound. Any PlayStation 4 as mediocre as you could find it has a title screen right after the startup screen. This game doesn't and it sends you right into the game and if you die, it automatically starts over again without asking you if you want to try again. Breakthrough Gaming games don't do this shit, and those were atrociously bad, but Soraja Invaders really built a new level of videogame mediocrity.

Incomprehensible, Incoherent, Incapable of having a recognizable shape.

Graphically... What the fuck? Really, WHAT THE FUCK? ¡¿WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT?! Looks like someone got drunk and tried to make Space Invaders, nothing has a recognizable shape. What am I controlling, what are my enemies, WHAT IS EVERYTHING?! I mean, unless you're a fucking drug addict would be saying some random shit to justify this catastrophe, just look a it. ¿Can you explain me what am I controlling? A three year old toddler would make something way better than this game.
As for the sound department... Nothing, is unexistant in this game. There's no music or sounds in the game, aside from the PlayStation's notification chime when you obtain a trophy in this game. The whole fucking thing is silent. To put it simple, OÜ Enningture Game Temple didn't gave a fuck for their product.

SORAJA CURIOSITIES

- Second entry in the Soraja series, being Soraja Towers the first game.

I'm speechless right now.

How bad is Soraja Invaders? Is a question very hard to answer because is an impossible to explain mess of gaming which can't be defined as "something". With the greatest of efforts, this is a solid example of a new definition of DUI, in this case will mean "Developing Under the Influence". It should be considered a crime against gaming to do a monstrosity like this.
SONY DO SOMETHING!! You should really ban these kind of games that ruin the PlayStation's library and reputation (unless they want to be the LJN of videogame consoles). One thing is being classic and another is being stupid, lazy and HORRENDOUS using retro as an excuse, but Soraja Invaders has definitely no excuse to even exist.

It sums the whole review in very few words.
Fan of Transformers, Shmups and Anime-styled Girls. You're teamed up with the right pilot!
Bringing you shmup and video game reviews with humorous criticism.

STG Wikias: Thunder Force Wiki - Wikiheart Exelica - Ginga Force Wiki