Is it possible that a Sharp 37dt25s with one SCART input doesnt support composite?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
sanj3k

Is it possible that a Sharp 37dt25s with one SCART input doesnt support composite?

Post by sanj3k »

Hi, I hope by chance someone from this forum can help me with my problem :D I have gotten myself the above mentioned TV which was presented working to me with a satellite receiver feeding its signal by a scart to scart cable. Unfortunately no remote was available but changing channels backwards one reaches the "VCR" channel and when the receiver was connected instantly the image could be seen. This all nice that I know for sure the tv works but I wanted to feed a composite signal and to my knowledge there are composite rca to scart adapters. Unfortunately I dont get an image at all even when I just connect an old camcorder. Yesterday I got a medion crt which has dedicated rca sockets and there my camcorder instantly show its livefeed. Means for sure either there is a specific setting enforcing rgb on that single scart port of that sharp tv or it could really be the case that even though its a scart socket composite isnt supported? Towards the first case I want to use an old android smartphone with an ir remote app maybe I can reach some menus and hope to find something. If there arent any settings for that and it really appears to be not supported I have seen a thread here where folk have looked at schematics and injected composite through the antenna input. I am no stranger to soldering etc but I have huge respect forthe dangers with crt tv electronics thats why I wouldnt want to do it by myself but have at least someone else have a look too :) Here is a service manual which shows all components

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/96283 ... e=1#manual

But first back to the first question is it realistic that composite wouldnt be supported?

Edit: I think it pin 1/2 IF IN whats coming from bottom right pin 10/11 in TUN201 whats interesting, right? TU201 is the integrated tuner which demodulates the signal and where I would inject my video?

MKL

Re: Is it possible that a Sharp 37dt25s with one SCART input doesnt support composite?

Post by MKL »

Try an RGB source. Composite video is needed to sync the picture. If it's out of sync then there must be something wrong with either pin 20 of the scart socket or some part connected to it.
sanj3k

Re: Is it possible that a Sharp 37dt25s with one SCART input doesnt support composite?

Post by sanj3k »

You wouldn't believe what just happened. As i said the remote was missing and I did that Android phone app route. When i tried the menu/settings button nothing happened but when i tried source button first one was vcr as already said when you go minus ch1 then you get it also but then was another one labeled scart and then i could see the video out of the camcorder..... At least somewhat a solution but if possible I'd love to have a dedicated button for that. Say i open the tv is there a realistic chance i find pins for buttons other than vol+/- and ch+/-? Or are all other button events only available behind the or receiver?