Does anyone know how to get in touch with arcadeforge.net?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
toqer

Does anyone know how to get in touch with arcadeforge.net?

Post by toqer »

I've tried sending several emails and even filled out their contact form on their site. I had an order damaged while shipping, the box arrived flat and wet, the sync strike was damaged. My first attempt to contact them was on May 8th (7 days ago)

Last edited by toqer on Wed May 15, 2024 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jd213

Re: Does anyone know how to get in touch with arcadeforge.net?

Post by jd213 »

Might be worth trying to contacting DHL, and maybe do a chargeback as a last resort.
BTW, I think your address is visible in the 2nd pic.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

There's got to be someone else you can buy from besides Arcadeforge. I wouldn't buy a shaved ice from them in the Sahara.
We apologise for the inconvenience
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

jd213 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 7:17 pmBTW, I think your address is visible in the 2nd pic.
Yeeeeeeah, I'd delete that from Imgur, doxing yourself isn't a good idea.

Sucks that it seems to have been wrapped with basically no packaging material whatsoever. Good luck!
Gunstar

Post by Gunstar »

Oh interesting, I've had a similar experience with not getting a reply when my UMSA adapter died, I think I sent maybe two emails before giving up. (luckily I fixed it myself)
wwse

Post by wwse »

At the beginning of 2023, I also received my order in a flat box with a damaged device (on-off switch). I contacted by email and after some time they contacted me. after some time I received a replacement as compensation.
toqer

Post by toqer »

I ended up calling my credit card company to dispute the charge.
NoAffinity

Post by NoAffinity »

I received a mak strike with the color pot adjustment piece broken. Made many attempts at contacting them, even offering to purchase a replacement and never got a response. Never was able to adjust the color levels, and well that mak strike stopped working probably a year ago and has long since been at the landfill.
SGGG2

Post by SGGG2 »

Had an issue getting in touch there years ago. IIRC, the only thing that worked was placing another order and adding a note to it.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

SGGG2 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 11:10 pm Had an issue getting in touch there years ago. IIRC, the only thing that worked was placing another order and adding a note to it.
Your solution to receiving a sub-par order from a company was to place another order and hope they read your note??
orange808

Post by orange808 »

There are other options I like better for playing PCBs.

RGB used to sell the HAS on the forum. Now, RGB has a website.
https://rgbslab.com/

It's worth waiting to get one of those. They are in demand because they are great products and RGB's feedback right here on the forum speaks for itself.
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3473

Better product and service.
We apologise for the inconvenience
SGGG2

Post by SGGG2 »

ldeveraux wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 5:13 pmYour solution to receiving a sub-par order from a company was to place another order and hope they read your note??
Needed replacement pots for a broken SLG 3000. Bought another one (wanted the newer revision anyway) and FWIW he threw in the pots for free.
spmbx

Post by spmbx »

I had one of their superguns that didnt work with cave cv1000 pcbs (no audio). Never got a response or solution from them. This was over 10 years ago but it seems they haven't changed since.
Chargeback was a good choice.
ASDR

Post by ASDR »

Tried to contact Arcade Forge once, never got a reply. Hope you paid with CC/PayPal where you have some dispute resolution options for unresponsive sellers.
kitty666cats

Post by kitty666cats »

Does anyone know what exactly the deal is with this site?

https://www.arcadexpress.com/en/

Curiously, they carry a lot of ArcadeForge’s shit. They also have a lot of different MAME-to-SCART cables (which seem to be their ‘proprietary’ stock), a whole bunch of stuff from other suppliers… just a real odd gaggle of everything.

I’ve never purchased anything from them, but their site looks sleek and I’ve checked it now ‘n then over the years and they’re always adding new stuff.

…upon checking the site right now, TONS of their cables are all out of stock. Maybe they sell out fast? Most of their ArcadeForge gizmos are in stock, though.
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

kitty666cats wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 9:23 pm Does anyone know what exactly the deal is with this site?

https://www.arcadexpress.com/en/

Curiously, they carry a lot of ArcadeForge’s shit. They also have a lot of different MAME-to-SCART cables (which seem to be their ‘proprietary’ stock), a whole bunch of stuff from other suppliers… just a real odd gaggle of everything.

I’ve never purchased anything from them, but their site looks sleek and I’ve checked it now ‘n then over the years and they’re always adding new stuff
Yes, I've noticed this Arcade Express shop on eBay. Apparently, they're based out of Spain, hence why everything listed for sale in their site is priced in euros -- they are the official Arcade Forge distributor for Spain market as well. They do ship internationally.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
kitty666cats

Post by kitty666cats »

I also noticed, coincidentally, they sell a RCA RGBS cable for the HAS Supergun that orange mentioned. It’s not pretty to look at, but it’s certainly convenient for anyone wanting to connect directly to a pro monitor (with BNC adapters, obviously).

And, correct me if I’m wrong, they’re the only place that carries the Ultimate VGA to SCART in this form factor. Might be my favorite design of said adapter:

https://www.arcadexpress.com/en/arcadev ... audio.html

…I have no use for one, but I really do think it looks ~fuckin’ cool~ lol