Retro markets/shops in the EU

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
neorichieb1971

Retro markets/shops in the EU

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Hi,

I am thinking of going on a holiday/vacation in the EU in 2024 and would like to see some retro markets and shops whilst I am there.

Only interested in highly rated places.

If you have a retro market or game shop near you worth visiting and its in the EU please let me know places and dates.

I am thinking Paris and Sweden at the moment.

Thanks,

Richie.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
orange808

Re: Retro markets/shops in the EU

Post by orange808 »

Tell us if you find the Reef Store.
We apologise for the inconvenience
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

orange808 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 10:01 pm Tell us if you find the Reef Store.
What city is that in?
sven666

Post by sven666 »

Short notice but www.retrospelsmassan.se is coming up 1&2 june, gothenburg, sweden.

Its £10 with ryanair if youre lucky..
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
MintyTheCat

Post by MintyTheCat »

Best of luck with prices in Sweden and in general in the EU these days, Richie.
More Bromances = safer people
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

MintyTheCat wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 12:26 pm Best of luck with prices in Sweden and in general in the EU these days, Richie.
I'd be happy for the day out. I'm not buying retro for deals, I buy on condition only and tally up the justification on whats available online.

I also only buy NTSC pre HDMI so I don't buy much locally in the UK from that era. I have USA/Japanese proxy buyers. But yes your right prices are always high because of the internet. Except in the USA, where youtube would have you believe you can buy holy grails at goodwill for $5

Short notice but www.retrospelsmassan.se is coming up 1&2 june, gothenburg, sweden.

Its £10 with ryanair if youre lucky..
A little bit short notice mate. I need to book holidays first. But thanks gives me some kind of idea.
sven666

Post by sven666 »

well, hope it all goes well and you might get another chance later this year :) ill keep you posted.

japanese releases are usually quite cheap here (i mean relatively speaking), one youtuber even made a video about how buyig jap SFC/MD/saturn etc was way cheaper at the nordic conventions than in akihabara.
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

"EU" is pretty vague. That's a lot of different countries. :)

I wouldn't recommend going to Denmark as a vacation spot :P, but if you do go here, my friend's shop "Nintendopusheren" in Copenhagen is one of the coziest video game/retro shops I've been to anywhere in the world. He's got a really impression selection from at least NES up to modern platforms, and everything is easy to find, and it's a cool spot to just hang out as well. I can easily spend an hour there.
Or alternatively "Ruben & Bobby" is a fun shop full of retro toys and games (and a barbershop as well). It's a lot less organized, basically looking like a big mess, with stuff litterally everywhere, as well as playable arcade machines and pinball tables. Don't expect every game of the same platform to end up on the same shelf, and forget everything about alphabetization - but if you're looking for an experience rather than just a place to buy stuff, it's a really really cool store to go exploring in, and you can find tons of surprising off-beat stuff from Neo Geo MVS full kits to boxed japanese GBA titles you've never heard of.

Both stores have prices that are typically surprisingly competitive with eBay, and are willing to cut a deal as well.

Sweden has a much bigger audience and market for retro video games, but their prices also tend to be absolutely off-the-wall nuts. I can recommend sven's Retrospelsmässan though - it's been a lot of fun both times I went there.